TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/11 - Top 7 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 14, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Jimmy is the issue when it comes to hurting people's feelings. He's just too blunt, and unlike Simon where you could put it down to his character/gimmick, with Jimmy you believe it's probably true, and it must really hurt, especially the younger ones like Hollie.

I also think Jennifer went on stage because it looks like Jessica was going to mangle her "save song" because she was so upset, and that would be embarrassing to all. But stopping someone singing isn't unusual, they did it last year with someone, the bearded guy I think. Jessica might get a bump next week, but will probably be gone soon after as despite her unquestionable talent, she doesn't have the personality yet.

By the way to those questioning whether there will be two leaving next week, there are six weeks of the show left and only seven contestants, so no chance of getting rid of two next week, if anything they need another save to give a final three rather than a final two!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Babyjax - that MSNBC article sounds about right.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
BTW, was anyone else as entertained as I was when Jennifer Hudson sang last night. She looks awesome! I loved that she was doing dance moves and some of the looks she was giving Neyo as part of the song performance were priceless. As Randy would say "That girl CAN SING!"

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
By the way, did anybody like either James Durbin or Jennifer Hudson? Jennifer looked amazing, but I didn't care for her song. Or Durbin's. Meh.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I really appreciate Jimmy's critiques of the singers, cause he's the most honest. He doesn't sugar-coat everything the way the judges do. His advice is pretty right on. If they go on to work in the music industry, they will face much tougher criticism than that. You have to develop a thick skin. He reminds me of Simon, except that Simon seemed so bored by everything the last couple of years. It's like he was barely paying attention.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I usually like Jennifer Hudson's stuff, but I didn't like that one. I thought James Durbin was pretty bad to be honest, although I like him.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just enjoyed the performance. I really don't remember the song at all. To me, she owned that stage by her mere presence on it.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am so over Jennifer Hudson and used to be a major fan. I know it is making a living, but the weight loss commercials have burned me out.
I did watch Dreamgirls for the umpteenth time the other day, though. lol

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Elise has been in the bottom 3 almost every results show. Joshua has never been in the bottom 3.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Joshua has been in the bottom three. maybe four weeks ago?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I may sound cold and heartless but for the judges to go on stage "to save Jessica the embarrassment" of bungling her song is just plain mean. She was singing with a faulty voice and so should she with the news she just heard. She's only 16 and not savvy enough to handle the pressures of "not being liked by all" mentality. I believe the judges give her false hope week after week. Jimmy is right when he says these kids have to have thick skins and toughen up from the criticism. Hence, they should have let Jessica "grow up" from the experience instead of enabling her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
But she's been working hard all her life! That made me laugh. It's been hard these 16 years. Well, they saved her once and next time she'll be gone.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Does it tick anyone else off when they say "America Got It Wrong"?

TICKS ME OFF, we are voting. If you don't like change it so America can't vote.

YES!!!! How dare they say we got it wrong!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Since we really don't know what has happened to her in her first 16 years I'm not going to judge that statement...also, I currently have a 15-year old and they are definitely the center of their universe and sometimes they feel like they have lived a lot longer than they have so they tend to make these huge emotional statements. It can just wear you "plumb out."

However, I also noticed that Jessica's mother was running up on stage last night...let's drag everybody up on stage, shall we?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, me too. It's like they're saying we're not smart enough to know who to vote for. They need to stop saying that. They shouldn't let us vote if we can't be trusted to vote correctly.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
So....what I'm reading on these boards is that not only should the other contestants feel bad for the way the judges acted but America should also be offended. So, yo, yo, yo, maybe the judges need to go....that would be a beautiful thing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
To defend her mother, I would probably run up on the stage for my child and Jessica is a child. I'm not judging her life up to now but she is only 16.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I felt bad for her as soon as she said it because I was sure there would be some older and wiser people who would find that comment off-putting/amusing or whatever. However, I'm sure Jessica has worked hard at all of her endeavors and tried her best. I have absolutely no reason to think otherwise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I just looked at each other with amusement when she said she'd been working hard "all her life." All 16 years of it. Yes, it was funny. She has no clue.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I think it's more how she worded what she said "I've been working hard all of my life". It was off-putting & she said it more than once. Does she think that any of the other 6 haven't worked hard all of their lives as well? I'm sure she just wanted to express that she's wanted a singing career for as long as she can remember & has worked hard towards her goal. But, all of the other 6 can say the same thing.

However, some of her fans may not have voted thinking she was completely safe especially since she's never been in the bottom 3 & the judges have praised her really more than any of the others. We'll see next wk. I don't see her having much chance of being the winner though. She may be one of the best technically (if not the best) this season but that doesn't make a complete pkg.

I'm sticking with my F4 for now in no certain order:
Colton, Philip, Elise, Skyler

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yes I am sure at 2 years old, she was working hard to become a professional singer :P

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
exactly.......when did her folks realize that she maybe has a singing gift........maybe when she was 3 at the earliest. When did her family actually start getting her prof. trained w/her talent.....maybe 5. She's 16! So, prob. at the most she's been working on her singing for 11 yrs. Lots of folks work on their "skills" for a way longer time before they get recognized.

Jessica would have been a better choice for "America's Got Talent" imo! To me, AI is about a whole pkg & frankly, this girl just doesn't have that!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Now, if Elise had said that we would have believed it!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I think Skylar is gonna win this whole thing. Don't ask me why... I just have this feeling she is.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, April 14, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I was ready to come on and vent after the last episode, but thank goodness everyone else has said it for me. When "the incident" happened, I honestly yelled at the TV - "WHAT !!!"
My favorites are Elise and Colton. Hollie, I like, and it irks me that they always rag on her. Yet, they praise Joshua's screeching and Skyler's whatever. I don't like listening to her. I also don't like Jennifer Hudson's voice. I muted and left the room when she came on. I even mute her commercials.
I wish for either Elise or Colton to win.