TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Pad : Archive through September 14, 2011 users admin

Bandit

07-29-2001

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
I really like Michael. I'd like to see him as the Bachelor sometime. And I'm sorry, but B & H did Michael wrong by not telling him about their engagement before the show (unless it was staged by the producers; I wouldn't put it past 'em, lol.)

Last thought...I thought crazy Melissa looked really pretty tonight.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I'd rather see Michael as the Bachelor than Ben.

I can't help feeling like Ben is a little too young to be the Bachelor.

Curiously, I was just looking for Ben's "Cream Dream" video to send a link to a friend who wanted to see it and I notice it's been completely removed from the internet. No longer available anywhere. I guess it's not the "image" the ABC and The Bachelor producers wanted for their next Bachelor. Oh well.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I blame the producers for the blindside of Michael with the engagement.
If Michael had said "keep" while Holly said "share", Michael would have won all the money. I was not on the edge of my seat -- I knew they would both say Share. Michael would never be so mean.

I enjoyed the finale and all of the drama! Casey crying?! OMG! YEs, Casey, you looked like a complete bully, tool, fool on TV!

I'm glad Holly and Michael won over Graham and Michelle. Micheal played the game and Holly did too in voting out her future fiance. Graham and Michelle just seemed to tag along behind Casey.

And we have to wait until January to see Ben as the BAchlor. Ouch!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
The east coast feed was so choppy, I'm re-watching the regular broadcast on TV now. Just saw the part where Michael finds out about Holly and Blake's engagement which I missed earlier. So AWKWARD! I think you could have heard a pin drop in the studio as quiet as it got. Poor Michael. And Blake sitting there grinning was just so inappropriate. I realize editing is involved, but Blake just comes off as completely insensitive to Michael. Don't like the guy and don't even think he's that good looking. Good luck to them, I think they'll need it.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
PS... and I predict Vienna and Kasey will be broken up before the next season of The Bachelor starts.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
PS #2 -- And can I just say ... I really dislike the keep/share element to awarding the prize. Just give it to one team and let them split it. The whole keep/share thing just seems silly to me, particularly since the teams all knew beforehand there was a likelihood they would be asked keep/share since that's what they did last year. It's just manufactured silliness and doesn't make sense to me.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I guess I am a skeptic but I think Michael did know ahead of time about the engagement.

I believed he was blind sided at first. The "You are moving" innocent question. The "At least get me some water!" "Stop the taping."

Then, right before they did the keep/share Michael said that he and Holly had talked a lot recently.

Oh well, it doesn't matter. The show is over.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I thought the darn show was on tonight, I so wanted to see Vienna and Casey get kicked to the curb.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I know I am in the minority but I think Vienna got dumped on alot last night, and I really did not like her this season. Jake is no angel and I wish everyone would stop acting like he is. I don't believe for a minute that he tried to apologize to Vienna until the show. She still should have been more graceful about it but come on, he was horrible to her. Bottom line I really don't care for either of them and Jake is trying to keep his 15 minutes going.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Jake appears a bit smarmy but at least he is putting forth an appearance of trying to mend fences. Vienna just seems awful.

I'm almost afraid to ask but what do we actually know that Jake did that was so traumatizing to Vienna?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't know Jimmer. He alluded having done something he shouldn't have.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm almost afraid to ask but what do we actually know that Jake did that was so traumatizing to Vienna?

Well, we know he turned off her cell phone. I've heard her mention that at least three times in the past year.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Also, did it appear to anyone else that Kasey and Vienna are having issues? I know they recently moved in with each other, but they didn't seem real pleased with each other last night.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Lexie - I agree, they definitely have issues. I think Kasey is far more emotionally invested in the relationship than Vienna. She showed no compassion for him while he broke down while in the "hot seat." I think she used Kasey to get more camera time and now he is no longer needed. To me she is all about fame even if it puts her in a bad light. I think she will do anything to be on tv or get her picture in the press.

Vienna was so angry when Kasey apologized to Jake for his behavior. If looks could kill, Kasey would be dead. lol

My question to Vienna is "Why should Jake keep paying for your cell phone?" You're not a child, even though you behave like one, so pay for your own darn cell phone. I pay for mine.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Didn't Jake "yell" at Vienna or something, on TV? I thought that was the thing he shouldn't have done, where he let his emotions get the better of him. I know he's apologized a gazillion times for yelling at Vienna.

The best part was watching Vienna and Kasey get the boot. You were right, Doc... totally enjoyable. And I agree, those two are not long for their relationship. She's a fame hog and he's creepy and it's not a healthy relationship. Even Kasey could see that! Vienna just used Kasey to get more attention and more fame. I wonder who her next victim will be? (Oddly enough I still don't see her as being pretty at all. I think she's pretty ugly, in fact.)

I don't know anything about Holly and Michael but I agree that that was just wrong to do, when Holly told him that she and Blake were engaged. I don't know if it was a setup by the producers, if he knew in advance or not. I'm thinking not, since she only accepted the day before, yes? Either way, that was wrong on every level for the producers to do that.

The keep/share thing just creeps me out. If anyone wanted to be really honest, of course they wanted to keep the entire amount. The whole selfless/selfish thing the two of them spouted when they kicked out V/K... yeah right.

I'm still watching the show, haven't gotten to the long drawn out bits yet, but... am so glad Kasey and Vienna didn't even make it to the final 4! :-)

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
To the question of what Jake might have done to Vienna... I seem to recall that when they were still together, there was a situation where he became enraged and threw something (I'm thinking it was a GPS) and I'm thinking he threw it through the window of the car. There were instances where he was allegedly verbally abusive to her, which he never really denied. I also seem to recall that she accused him, and he acknowledged, that he withheld sex from her. I don't think Jake denies his behavior was unbecoming a "good guy", which is what he wants us all to believe he is. Why else would he spend so much time and energy trying to make amends?

Beyond all that, he's just generally a poser and a fame .

Dogdoc, on the subject of whether Michael knew about the engagement... the show was taped last week and the "engagement" took place that Sunday (per Blake), so no, Michael didn't know about it beforehand. He was aware she was moving but didn't know about the engagement as it happened only days before taping the finale. Didn't you notice that Blake and Holly both acknowledged and apologized that they hadn't let him know?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezzedout. Then that was just a terrible thing to to to Michael.

I sat there and watched Michael suffer!

I sat there and watched Kasey suffer!

No wonder producers let those scenes happen. I am part of the problem. I watch the show and watch the cruel parts without looking away.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have the impression that Holly is still somehow trying to get even with Michael for the hurt feelings that he caused her (nevermind what she did to him). It almost seems that she is engaged to Blake almost to spite Michael.

I didn't see Jake's momentary anger during that televised interview as particularly significant especially compared to the arguments that we have seen on other reality shows but Vienna has sure milked that for all it's worth.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey Dogdoc, you're definitely not alone. We're all part of the problem. I've always said I don't watch these shows for the romance or to see someone fall in love, I watch for the trainwreck factor -- to see some idiot make a fool of themselves on national tv. Unfortunately, along with the fools come the collateral damage, which is what I feel Michael was. I've read elsewhere that the Blake/Holly engagement was paid for by BP (courtesy of Neil Lane of course), and since we saw it on camera, it was staged and filmed. The rumor (soon to be verified) is that they will make a pretty penny having sold it to the tabloids, which will be running with pics in the next day or so. No problem with Blake and Holly doing that if that's the way they want to handle their private relationship, I only have an issue with the fact that Michael was blindsided, which showed a lack of human decency on the part of all involved, most especially the producers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
On a more positive note, I'm very happy for Michelle and Graham. I think out of all the "coupling" that took place this season, M&G probably have the best shot at being a long-term couple.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris' blog

Sep 13 2011 02:03 AM ET
Chris Harrison blogs the 'Bachelor Pad' season finale
by Chris Harrison

chris-harrison

Before we jump into the finale of Bachelor Pad I would be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to honor the anniversary our country recognized this weekend. I hope every one of you took an extra moment to hug and say I love you to those closest to you as we marked the tenth anniversary of 9/11.

...I’m honored be signed on to host the next two years of the Miss America pageant on ABC. I am also unbelievably excited to share with you my new game show You Deserve It. This is a show that I’m very proud of and I think you will love it as well when it airs this winter on ABC.

I think he will be a good host for the Miss America pageant. I won't watch it though. I wonder what his game show will be like. I remember him hosting a design show for HGTV(?).

I don't think Michael knew about the engagement. I think that was completely awful what the producers did to him and that Holly and Blake went along with it, if they knew that was going to happen. They may have been told that it would be shown in the future. However, even if that is the way it happened, they should have told him before last night's show taped...even though there were only a few days between the engagement and the taping. H&B should have suspected the footage of the proposal might have been shown.

I actually hope they did share the news with Michael and told him that was against their contracts (if it even was) and I hope that Michael was just acting because he was trying to keep Holly out of trouble with ABC.

I have spent way too much mental energy on this.

Michael is probably one of the most upstanding decent people we've ever seen on all these Bach shows.

Kasey gained back some of my respect. I'm glad he got to see that side of himself. I think perhaps he will be more mindful in the future.

Vienna was nothing but defensive, imo. I think she is in denial about how she really is.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If I was trying to live with Vienna and her drama I'd probably throw a GPS out the window too. I think one of the guys nailed it when he said he wanted to hear Vienna own up to her involvement in the failing of the relationship with Jake. Sorry, but it takes 2 to tango and the rumors were that she was cheating on him left and right. I'm sure they both behaved very badly as they were not a good match personality wise AT ALL!

Yes, Michelle and Grahm seem like the pair that really has a chance. I fear Blake is going to get burned by Holly, the same way Michael did. She'll probably be giving that ring back within 4 months and moving back to CA. Not sure why guys find her so alluring - I guess the giggles and the long legs?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Brenda - I don't get the whole "Holly love" by both Mike and Blake.

As far as cruelty by the producers, remember this is the same group that gave us Bentley when he said in his confessional before leaving for the show that he hoped the Bachelorette was Emily. The producers dragged that out as long as they could - only to bring him back to Singapore or Shanghai or where ever they were.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
For anyone who is interested, there was apparently a bit of drama at the finale between Graham and Blake and Justin "Rated R" Rego that ended with Graham being asked to leave the premises. Reality Steve has all the details.

"Bachelor Pad Finale" Recap – 9/12/11 Including Contestants Speaking out on the Graham/Rego Altercation & Final Thoughts on the Blake/Holly Proposal

http://www.realitysteve.com

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I for one don't think it takes two to make a relationship fail. However I am sure Vienna played her part in the ending of it. I still stand by what I said earlier, I don't think Jake tried to contact her until the show and he was just trying to save face. He is an actor. I think it was all for show on his part and she was a little more real.