TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 04, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through August 04, 2011 users admin

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I don't think the religion part will be a problem, even with kids, as long as they respect each other's religion.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If Ashley's sister had talked/questioned JP like she talked/questioned Ben. She might have gotten to know JP a bit more. As it is, JP goes in, really nervous about meeting the family... then gets attacked because Ashley isn't Ashley with him. Maybe Ashley was so nervous about them liking JP, she wasn't herself. Heck, maybe Ashley's grown up some in the past few months. Maybe, she's trying hard not to let everyone know that JP is really the one.

As for the future, I can see them together for a longer time than most Bachelor couples. Whether they take the plunge and actually get married, who knows. I would suspect that they will go back and live a somewhat normal life away from the Bachelor 'family'. And that really bodes well for a more successful relationship than any of the others.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rslover for the Kimmel link. Kimmel asks questions that I think most of us would if we had the opportunity. Ashley and JP acted, to me, like a genuine couple on his show, which made me happy for them. I fell asleep right before JP came on the ATR show so I hope ABC puts it on their site.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
After listening to her talk to the mother, I think the older sister is a bit jealous of Ashley.

I sure agree with that! I would go further, however, and say she was extremely jealous of Ashley. I think that's why she was immediately so harsh with JP. She felt he was in her league and not in her kid sister's league. I think she seemed to be totally taken back that a guy like JP would be interested in her perception of her sister.

She sure changed her tune last night. Damage control.

I love JP. I hope they can make it work.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Does anyone remember what kind of work JP does?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
JP does something along the lines of construction supervisor. I can't recall the exact wording.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I found this out reading another site. Ashley's sister, Christie, was on Exteme Couponing in May. So, there may be something about sisterly jealously involved in her dissection of JP.

http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-oklahoma-city/chrystie-corns-on-extreme-couponing-ashley-hebert-s-sister

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
His label for the show was "Construction Manager".

I think she made a good choice.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Thanks, sounds like a normal kind of profession. I liked him from the beginning and this is the first time my choice was the bachelor/bachelorette's choice.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Aug 2 2011 02:03 AM ET
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season finale
by Chris Harrison

Spanning two days and five hours of television, this is the biggest, most dramatic blog ever.

link

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
link
Bachelorette: Ashley Says Sister's Reaction to J.P. Was a 'Shock'

Originally posted 08/02/2011 04:05 PM

This links to a page at people.com that has the beginning of an article where Ashley talks about the finale etc.

For now.

I think that page probably changes every day. Anyway, if you click on the "read more", it will take you to the rest of the article. That page won't link properly here.

I think this article is pretty much Ashley's blog, but it just doesn't seem the same format, or whatever, as usual.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Here's Ashley's sister's website:

http://chrystiecorns.com/

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Smokey - Thanks for the link. Doesn't show much, but says volumes with the "As seen on TLCs Extreme Couponing". I think she is jealous of Ashley and wanted her 15 minutes of fame again.

I'm now wondering if her attack on JP was a well thought out plan to get her more television face time. She knew by creating drama it would guarantee the camera would be focused on her. She probably also figured Chris Hansen would bring her on stage at the ATR show to question her about it.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
According to Reality Steve...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ames and Jackie are no longer dating. Sad for him but...

I'm rooting for Ames for the next Bachelor! I usually could care less who the next Bachelor is but I could definitely get on board in rooting for Ames. Loved that the audience at the MTA showed him some love! I think he'd be a great Bachelor. Go Ames!

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I truly think Ben was the nicest, most real, most down to earth guy on the Bachelor. I really really like him. I hope he falls in love with someone great.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Ashley's friend, Ashley Spivey said she wanted to let Ben go earlier but the producers wouldn't let her, so it wasn't even close.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
That really irks me, Rslover, that the producers manipulate like that. On some shows, in some instances, it may not matter that much. But, in this case, I think it does. Personally, I don't think Ames would be a good candidate for the show, even though he is a really nice guy.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Well what is "earlier"? It may have been close and Ashley could have finally made up her mind the morning of FRC. Maybe she wanted to let Ben go before he put on his suit and tie... kinda like Ally and Chris. (just speculating)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think she would have let them all go earlier if she could. She didn't shed a tear over Constantine leaving.

So the only thing she could have done was keep more guys like Constantine that really weren't that into her, and it would have made a very unsuspenseful conclusion.

It was horrible for them to do that to Ben, however.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
She mentioned it on the Bachelorette Beatdown on the rtvzone. Jesse Csincsak (Deanna's ex) is the moderator. I got the impression she always knew it was JP. There always has to be a 2nd guy, no matter what. They always talk about the editing. Craig said he cried when he was drunk about his sister and they tried to get him to talk about it again. He figured they would try to use that "crying" when he was eliminated, so he wouldn't talk about it.

Here's the last episode: BACHELORETTE BEATDOWN VIDEO

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
I read several JP/Ash interviews yesterday. JP said he "knew" after their Hong Kong date. Ashley knew it was JP long long before the end. She had already told him she loved him; they revealed that also.

The producers know who has fallen and will propose. They wanted Ben there so that two men that were committed to Ashley would be there in the end. Or whatever their idea of the most drama may be...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think she knew it was JP when she had the date with him after "he who shall not be named" left. JP was so supportive of her that night. I vaguely remember her saying that she was really glad that he was her date that night. To me, it was extremely casual and very intimate discussion that they had. Like 2 people who were in love, not just a regular date. He listened while she talked.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
so....did this show play Ben like a fiddle? If so, shame on them. I would LOVE to see more of Ben.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Texasdeb! (We Deb's have to stick together!) I just finished watching the show and almost turned off the TV when Ben was first out of the seaplane. I just didn't get JP at all. Loved Ben and hate that she didn't pick him. Loved that he wasn't buying any of her placating BS, "What I don't need is for you to sugarcoat it." He opened his heart and she stepped on it. Ah well, that's what this show does best. Haven't been so disappointed in an ending in a long time.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I was a little upset with her last date with Ben. She didn't have to be so all over him. The way it looked to me was that she had real feelings for him and I can so see how he thought he was the one. :-(