TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through August 02, 2011 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hope Ryan P. is the next bachelor. He makes me melt.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
She covered those arms.

Alittlebirdie

09-08-2006

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alittlebirdie a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the updates on this! It was interesting to me that Ashley seemed most taken throughout the show with guys with long hair and ends up with -- a guy who practically shaved off all of his hair!

How are they going to deal with the religion part?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
No marriage plans yet. They are going to live together in New York.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Her sister was a royal beeotch. Talk about no support for Ashley.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She's complaining about JP's age. Wasn't Brad a lot older?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic and we are together 44 years, no kids. It can get touchy when they have kids. You can't walk up to a person and ask what their religion is so you know whether to fall in love with them. They will work it out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I could see why JP was pissed. There was no way he could change her mind. She told him that up front. I've always though that Ashley was the most normal with JP than with any of them. They talk about things.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
After listening to her talk to the mother, I think the older sister is a bit jealous of Ashley.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The whole thing with Ashley's sister and JP was brutal. I'm shocked that she said what she did about him and to him. She could have expressed her doubts in a polite way without being cruel about it. She gave him no chance at all. Saying that she thought Ashley was better with Brad was unbelievable (and mind boggling as well). JP may be a nice guy in many respects but I think he is the kind of guy that holds a grudge and that does not bode well.

I think that Ashley did try to stop Ben before he proposed. Her face was all twisted up and it looked like she was going to cry. I don't know if Ben's feelings caused him to misinterpret that or if he had just built up so much momentum nothing would stop him but he just ploughed ahead nonetheless. Pretty brutal. I don't know how Ashley could have expected him not to be upset or angry.

Finally, it seems to me that for now anyway, Ashley and JP are crazy about each other. I don't know how long that will last but at least it was nice to see a Bachelor/Bachelorette couple where things hadn't already started to fall apart.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
JP totally looks like Anderson Cooper to me. Dreamy! Oh, and Ryan looks like the teacher on Glee

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything Jimmer said.

Good finale (except for the extended preview of the other show - way too long).

The season was a total train wreck - even more than most years. But I think that's what made it so darn entertaining. I think this will prove to be one of the more memorable seasons in years to come.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had a hard time feeling much joy for Ashley and JP because I was just heartbroken for Ben. I would love for him to be the next Bach, but if he's already dating someone, I wish him the best in that. Ben's reaction to Ashley's rejection felt so raw, so real. It just tore me up. Ben and Ashley just looked so natural together. JP just doesn't do it for me and watching them gush over each other and her calling him "babe", isn't warming me much to them as a long lasting couple. I wish them well and they seem to be on the right track, still giddy, and ready to try to build a life together.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 01, 2011 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I love Jimmy Kimmel. He just showed Ashley and JP a clip of Ashley and Ben smooching and says "this was the night before you got engaged!" LOL. Now he's bringing up the sister. Said she can't come to the wedding. Jimmy's always good for a laugh. Jimmy closes with "I hope it works out... it almost never does." :-)

Lainee

07-19-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lainee a private message Print Post    
Ashley and JP together has always brought a smile to my face. I have been rooting for JP since day 1...

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Well at least Ashley and J.P. were talking to each other last night. That's a big improvement over several shows where by the time they got to filming the AFR show the couple was already pretty much on the rocks. Seriously, they looked pretty darn happy so there's always hope. There's something particularly different about this couple in that I don't sense J.P. was or is looking for his 15 minutes of fame or to make a name for himself or for some career reason like singing, acting, or whatever.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
there were two things that i saw/heard last night that made me think of them as a 'real' couple. after he proposed and they were walking down the beach he said something to the effect of 'when you said i know my husband is in this room on that first night, i thought what the heck is she talking about??' it just tickled me and seemed like one of those inside couple jokes.
i was also touched how on the ATFR show, whenever they kiss, he continued to look straight into her eyes for a beat or two before looking back to chris.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Well I am glad she is happy but she could have stopped Ben from proposing. She should have stopped him, that was cruel. I didn't like it when Deanna let Jason propose either.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree that it was absolutely cruel to let Ben propose to her.

Also, am I the only one that found the constant kissing really, really annoying?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The way I saw it, Ben wouldn't let her stop him. He looked at her hand, saw no ring, and plunged on. He should have looked at her face. He would have know it was not looking good for him.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I found the constant kissing really, really, really annoying.

Not as annoying as every word out of her sister's mouth, but close.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
agree about the constant kissing. It was annoying. I also thought that Ashley was too bouncy. It is probably because of the seating arrangements; having her in the middle made her turn and turn and turn... I was getting dizzy watching her. It was kinda like watching the spectators of a tennis match and have the video of FF)

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Ashley & JP on Jimmy Kimmel, Part 1

Part 2

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Re, all the kissing ... Ashley and JP remind me of a couple of high schoolers who can't stop making out. Ashley said from the beginning that JP was a great kisser, his kisses were heavenly, etc. It's sweet to a degree, but the frequency with which they do it is a bit annoying.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think she said Ben was a good kisser too, but I'm not sure.