TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through July 30, 2011 users admin

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris (from his blog):
I want to remind you of how the rest of this season will play out because its set up a little different than seasons past. The Men Tell All will be next Sunday night, July 31. The following night, Monday, August 1, is the finale. Immediately following the finale is the After the Final Rose special. I love this set up, as our fans don’t have to wait a week between shows. I hope you enjoy it this way. The following Monday, August 8 is the premiere of Bachelor Pad 2. We will show you an extended tease of the new season during the Men Tell All. All I can say is hide the children and buckle up!

LOL at that last line!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ashley doesn't say much in her blog. Nothing new. There is a link to it at the end of Chris H's blog.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I love Ben!! He would be a fantastic Bachelor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was painful indeed for Ryan to come back at that point.. she made up her mind and of course there was no visit to his family which left her with no info about that part of his life. Of couse it was worth a try (at least it is hard to believe they made him pay for last minute tickets to Fiji..) and if she had flipped out and decided to take him back I suppose they could have flown his family out.

I also didn't like that they made the promo look like JP flipped out and left before the fantasy suite because she brought up someone coming back.

Not sure why she had to even bring that up with him (not the others) since she had sent Ryan away again.

Extended tease of Bachelor Pad.. I'll have my finger on the FF button for that.

Speaking of hide the children.. I'm sitting in the waiting room of an oncologist this morning while my patient is in getting bloodwork and seeing her oncologist. TV is on to a morning show (the one with Kathy Lee and Hoda(who was off today).. not paying too much attention but at some point it seemed like the whole waiting room was staring at the tv.. an asian couple, older, a really older gentleman in a wheelchair waiting for the oncologist, his wife, his daughter and his grand daughter and me.. and I realize we are all watching an ad for KY something with graphic word descriptions and all.. Grand daughter intent on the tv but seemingly it went over HER head at least. I commented that this was a real family moment and the whole room busted out laughing.

Next up on the actual show, endless close ups of butts in bikinis and then a demo of some butt pads you can put in your pants..

This was at 10:30 AM. At least the Bachelor Pad tease will be at night.

Besides the lack of bathroom, it seems like many of the picnics are on rather uncomfortable hard surfaces.. like it must be more romantic if you have to flop down on some blankets?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ashley's blog from last week, which I just read, gives more insight into choices.. She is Jewish, though apparently not real active. Constantine's family is Greek Orthodox and it is VERY important to them and she was a little shocked that he had never mentioned this before she went to visit his family. Could have added to the reasons for them to say goodbye.

AND JP.. that was his Bar Mitzvah photo they showed her.. so it is probably a plus for his family that she is Jewish, since they are.

Maybe not a deal breaker or maker but I'd think it would add in there.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm shocked that Ashley is Jewish. Now I can see a second reason why she likes JP. I'm Catholic but I dated a few Jewish men and I married the love of my life who is Jewish. I always felt that it was instilled into Jewish men to honor their mother, and in doing so, they do the same with their mates.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
good point, Sea!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
On the ABC site they are asking who the next bachelor should be..Blake, Ryan, or one of the final 4. Most are picking Ryan or Ames.

Lorilor68

05-09-2011

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorilor68 a private message Print Post    
I have grown to really like Ashley and I think this is my favorite final two ever. Loved her & Ben's discussion about their toes. So cute!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
OK, I'm officially confused about Ashley's religion, not that it matters, but she said in her blog:

I was really nervous to meet JP's family for a different reason than he probably thought. I was scared that they wouldn't be pleased that I wasn't Jewish. Religion does not matter to me, but I had no idea how they felt about it, so I went into this date with nervousness on my shoulders.

Mysti

09-28-2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysti a private message Print Post    
I really like both JP & Ben - it's going to be hard to watch one of them "go home broken hearted" next week.

We live in CA, if she doesn't pick Ben I think I will head over to Sonoma and find him for my DD!

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Other than Ashley's lack of clothes : - ) in the fantasy suite with Ben, I have been wondering about Ashley's religion. I would think that would be huge to Ben's family. So has it been confirmed if she is Jewish or not? Both Ben and JP seem like nice guys. I have liked Ashley more, instead of less like some past Bachelorettes, as the show has progressed. I have noticed she does seem to have a flash-temper reaction when people do not agree with her. She turned off (dare I mention his name?) Bentley<--said in a whisper, VERY quickly at the end. I think when she is done with something or someone she is DONE.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Didn't Ashley have a date with Ben in the middle of the show and Ben didnt come for the night?.
I know that JP is Jewish but is Ben also. I'd be surprised if Ashley is.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, according to Mack's quote above from Ashley's blog, she is NOT Jewish. I would think if that were a deal breaker, we would have heard about it before now. Someone who is seriously seeking a spouse of the same religion would not go this far in a show like this, unless the person met that criteria.

I was a little shocked by Ashley's attire in the fantasy suite with JP. It looked to me like she was only wearing panties under that shirt. Girl seemed to have big plans with JP. If Ben turns out to be her final choice, I would expect him to be a little perterbed about that. Also makes me think Ben might not be her final choice, and that makes me sad.

Muffin, Ashley and Ben did have an overnight date (Hong Kong, I think), but they apparently stayed in separate rooms. That's when JP starting turning green.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think if Ashley posted in her blog that she's Jewish, she probably is :-) She didn't claim to be practiciing actively. This was in the blog before last..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
According to Ashley's blog she is not Jewish.

I was really nervous to meet JP's family for a different reason than he probably thought. I was scared that they wouldn't be pleased that I wasn't Jewish. Religion does not matter to me, but I had no idea how they felt about it, so I went into this date with nervousness on my shoulders.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20511076,00.html

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I thought that's what I read somewhere but couldn't remember where I saw it. Thanks for clearing that up Jimmer!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
"... nervousness on my shoulders" ?????

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome. Actually Mack mentioned it a little earlier but it seemed that people had missed it. :-)

Ann

09-27-2005

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Ashley is not jewish, and at one point she even asked JP if that would be a problem for his family and he said no.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mack mentioned it and I quoted him, but apparently nobody listens to me.

"... nervousness on my shoulders" ????? Yup, Dogdoc, Ashley is pretty inadvertantly funny sometimes. So cuuuuute and per-fact!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad her shoulders are okay.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Oh you guys are cracking me up, and that's per fact! Ha!!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Found this on Reality Steve's website. It's a video and it's a side of Ben I think most of us could not imagine. Warning, contains language some might find offensive.

http://www.forgeryfilms.com/

Smokey

07-08-2003

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
OMG Jezzed! I never would have thought that Ben would do a video like that! LOL To me, it looks like he and his friend are trying to be like Andy Samberg and Justin Timberlake with those wild videos they do for SNL.