TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through July 25, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The only thing about JP is that he threw up a couple of red flags for me when they were in Thailand(?) and he was such a putz about her dating other guys. I could see him being a little annoyed by it, but he seemed a little overly angry and upset. I was really disappointed when she rewarded his pouty behavior on the group date with the rose. Just don't see it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I felt the same Babyjaxmom -- there are some signs he may be the jealous type and I would not have rewarded that with a rose. I would have made his rose the last one I gave out!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I felt the red flags, too. I hope Ashley takes plenty of time to get to know her fiance, for both their sakes. This was a great top four!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Some women might find the jealousy bit flattering at first, until they marry the guy and he doesn't trust her around any other guys at all. My cousin's first husband wouldn't even let her have a job cause he was afraid she'd meet some other guy at work. Insecure much?

Bandit

07-29-2001

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
((((Alliet))))

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
These shows are such a weird and abnormal situation and setup with her dating and getting touchy feely with all of these guys at once, I don't know how much we can read into JP's "jealousy".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good point, Jimmer. Maybe the producers told him to play it up. Still didn't like the big pout though.

Tvclubber

06-22-2008

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvclubber a private message Print Post    
First, I'm so sorry about your father, Alliet.

I saw a great side of Constantine during the home visit. What a catch he would be for any lovely woman.

My control-radar is up about JP, too.

Tvclubber

06-22-2008

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvclubber a private message Print Post    
Also: If something is medically amiss with Ames, no matter how slight, that would explain his sister's nearly aggressive overprotective behavior. A huge red flag flew up my flag pole when she talked about how she watches out for him, solely because of the way she "announced" this mission. Yikes! He's a grown man!

If she told me this the way she told this to Ashley, I would run for the hills. I wouldn't want her controlling me through Ames for the rest of my life. I'm NOT saying that that's what would happen, but it seemed that way during the TV episode.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, she is marrying a family of any of these guys since they are all very much part of their family.. And since there were three families that were more welcoming than Ames' sister.. it probably helped seal his fate with Ashley.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Those were my thoughts with Ames's sister and mother. I felt like he was really overly protected by them. Not his fault, but still, you have to deal with them.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think that Ben's mother and sister are pretty protective of him also. Since his father has died their seems to still be a lot of sadness in his family. It's hard, but they must move on. I thought his hometown date was doom and gloom.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't get that feeling at all, Jag. When you lose a close family member (especially a parent), it's hard not to think about what they're missing by not being here. You'll always think of them, especially at big family events like holidays, weddings, babies coming into the world. You don't "move on" from the death of a parent or a sibling. You learn to live with it, but the hole will always be there in your family.

I totally understand a family being protective of their son/brother, especially if they've seen him get hurt in the past. We all want the best for our loved ones. If you've ever known someone trapped in a bad marriage, it's understandable you wouldn't want that to happen to them.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
They focused so much on Ben's family's sadness that I thought Ben would go home. (after initially thinking it would be Ames going home) They just didn't show much interaction between Ben and Ashley.

Ames didn't put the moves on Ashley. JP is the best kisser per Ashley. (or was back when Bentley was still an issue.) I think she wants more physical affection from them. Other than JP, none of the guys (including all those who left) are shown to make the first move with her hardly ever every time they kiss.

I don't see any of the final 4 (now 3) being a good match for her. They already showed JP being one of the final two when they did the previews for the season a few weeks ago. Of course, I guess they can edit it however and maybe that was just to throw us off.

JP's jealousy doesn't bother me. Yes, he handled it less well than the other guys, but I don't think it means he will be jealous and controlling outside of this situation.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I want to share the dates of our final shows because it’s a little different this season. Next Monday, July 25, will be the exotic dates and we will be down to the final two men. Then on Sunday, July 31, ABC will air the Men Tell All special. Monday, August 1 will be the finale of The Bachelorette.

From Chris H's blog at popwatch.ew.com link

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 8
by Chris Harrison

-------------------------

Bachelorette Ashley: What You Didn't See on My Hometown Visits
By Ashley Hebert
Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:15 AM EDT

The travel we've been fortunate enough to experience along this journey on The Bachelorette has been incredible. I've loved learning about new cultures, seeing locations I've only seen in books or magazines, and getting to fall in love in some of the most romantic locations in the world.

She wrote a longer blog than usual.

20511076%2C00.html,http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20511076,00.html

(I know that link won't work because they never do at people.com but there is a link that does work at the end of Chris' blog.)}

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Why do they keep allowing bachelors who have been kicked to the curb, come back? It's ridiculous.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So they can be the next Bachelor.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ryan showed up at Ashley's bungalow and he gave her the address to where he was staying if she wants to call him.
Ashley and Ben had a wonderful date on a yacht and then dinner and he told her that his feelings are growing towards her and of couse they went to the private suite and Ashley confessed that she could see herself married to him, to us.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
OMG...why do we have to have this special report during the bachelor.

I mean what is new!!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ashley has her date with Constantine. On their copter ride they fly over Ryan on the beach and Ryan is upset because it is a few days and she hasn't come to see him. A/C cliff dive and a picnic, no romance. Later at dinner, Const. said he would not go to the suite if he was not in love with her because he knows what it is for. Now the prez is on giving a speech.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have my tv on mute until the speech is over.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
If Ben isn't chosen I nominate him for the next Bachelor. He is dreamy and soo nice, a perfect gentleman.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I agree about Ben--super considerate, sweet, open, and all good things. :-)

I think Constantine is outta there ASAP. He pretty much said he wasn't that into her, but in a nicer way.

I still think it's ridiculous that Ryan is there. It wasn't even like they had anything going on, did they? I mean, he got the first impression rose, but they never even had a one on one till she let him go.

You're probably right about him potentially being the next bachelor. Ugh.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Constantine did the right thing, but poor Ashley.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, July 25, 2011 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan coming back is ridiculous too.