TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through July 21, 2011 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nice! Thanks Alliet!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
What is the spoiler about? I don't want to know who 'won' yet.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's about Ames today, so I don't know if you would take that as a spoiler or night, since he has been eliminated?

I do appreciate it being put in a spoiler box for those who don't want to know.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a spoiler that involves a future series.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Actually...

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ames is with Jackie Gordon (not Julie) from Brad's season. They apparently met on S2 of Bachelor Pad, and rumor has it, when Jackie was sent packing, Ames actually chased down her limo and decided to leave with her. They were spotted shortly after at a cozy, romantic inn somewhere on the CA coast. She seems perfect for him so wishing these two the best!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, THAT spoiler does spoil a future program, so don't read that one if you're going to watch Batchelor Pad!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's what I was thinking of, Jezzedout.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I just read the first one but won't read the second one.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ames was the only interesting thing about this season. I hope he's head over heals in love, and that person is heads over heals in love with him.

Scarebaby

07-31-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scarebaby a private message Print Post    
Ben and Constantine do appear similar, physically, but they're very different, personality-wise. I think they're both pretty cool, but Ben seems to have a more interesting life.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
It took me a while to differentiate Ben from Constantine, but once I figured them out they appear very distinct and different to me. Constantine seems like an okay guy but doesn't really wow me. Ben on the other hand impresses me more each week. Seems very grounded, intelligent and genuine. I'm rooting for Ben for the next Bachelor!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ack! I hope that wasn't a spoiler about Ben!

Bandit

07-29-2001

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
I agree Ames' goodbye with Ashley was so heartfelt and gracious. I loved how he said how thankful he was that Ashley was a part of his life. Really personified the old saying 'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.'

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Bandit, I have been down in the dumps for the past 2 months. My dad was killed last month because the hospital he went to shredded his trachea but didn't realize what was holding back his recovery from a pretty simple case of Quinsy (a little more severe than basic tonsillitis). They did everything wrong, apparently, and he ended up going from a very active and fun loving man to being dead in 4 weeks. We're all devastated.

That line you wrote is so appropriate right now, when we are all so desolate. I am going to write it in my next email to my Mum. Thank you.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Alliet, I am so sorry for your loss.

I just read those words in the Facebook of a young girl from my church. I was so impressed that she found the message important enough to post.

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ames was great. It's a pretty unique bonus when we can watch a show like The Bachelorette and come away with this sort of insight about life.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Alliet, some times there are no words. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Well stated Jimmer.

And let me also add sympathies and condolences to Alliet. So very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you positive thoughts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm a little late to the convo, but just wanted to thank you, Jezzedout, for posting that article from the Press Democrat on Ben. My exBIL used to (may still, for all I know) work for the Press Democrat. My hubby follows their sports bloggers. He thinks they're better than the SF Chronicle sports guys. Just a bit of unnecessary trivia.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm a little late to the convo, but just wanted to thank you, Jezzedout, for posting that article from the Press Democrat on Ben. My exBIL used to (may still, for all I know) work for the Press Democrat. My hubby follows their sports bloggers. He thinks they're better than the SF Chronicle sports guys. Just a bit of unnecessary trivia.

Horsemom2, I was wondering that, too! When Ames was talking about being considered a geek in school and having trouble with focusing on his studies, that was my thought! My son is also on the Autism Spectrum, so if course I would go there! I know a lot of bright, intelligent people who are socially awkward due to ASD. I pegged Ames in that category, too. Made me love him a little bit more!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry for the double post. I tried to go back and edit, but ended up reposting my first post. Sorry!

I fell in love this week . . . with both Ashley and Contantine's dogs!!! Cutie pies! Also every home town she went to was gorgeous. It was just a beautiful time of year to film. All the families were really wonderful. What a tough choice for Ashley, but I really felt she made the right choice. As much as she liked Ames, she wasn't in love with him.

Just not diggin' JP's skinhead. Ick.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Came back to add, Alliet, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy for your family.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just an interesting aside: I think it is interesting that she likes the two guys with long, unkempt hair (she's said so) and then is drawn to JP, who does not sport any hair! Contrasts...

JP sure has a cute smile, however. And, I like his personality. Loved Constantine's family. She has a difficult choice!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
All of the guys left are really nice guys. JP does have a beautiful smile, but just don't get the shaved head. I come from the generation when guys had long hair, so it looks weird to me. I guess I'm old.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I prefer longer hair, too, but JP could have no hair at all and I would still be quite happy with him. :-)