TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through July 18, 2011 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, JP probably wouldn't want Ashley to have any male friends if he married her. He seems very possessive.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Ryan will be the next bachelor. Ashley sending him home the way she did was horrible.

Ntegrity

06-28-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ntegrity a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing, Iluv! Would love to see him come back and have his pick. Always thought the other guys gave him a bad rap!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I liked Ryan. Never understood why the guys didn't.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also liked Ryan. He is definitely easy on the eyes and seemed like a nice guy.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Rumor has it that Ryan will be the next Bachelor. People feel because he returns to Fiji to profess his love and wants a second chance with Ashley, that this is the perfect set-up for the next Bachelor. Don't know if it is true -- just lots of speculation. I think he'd make a great Bachelor.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I hope that's true! He seems like a great guy, although, I can see where his drama and emotions surrounding the date card annoyed the guys. I actually found that a bit annoying too.

But they aren't in real life where there are other distractions really. So, I don't know that he'd act like that in real life.

As far as him annoying the guys with his positive upbeat attitude, I can understand that too. For me though, I really like people like that. I thought it was funny when he said to the camera a couple weeks ago or so something like excuse me for not being grouchy. :-)

Also, we obviously saw another side to Ryan when Ashley let him go. Poor guy. I'd love for him to be the next Bachelor and fall madly in love with his final girl and live happily ever after.

But I don't think he is going to be the next Bachelor because I don't think he has a fan base that is big enough and I think many people will find him annoying...and I also don't think it's a good idea at all for him to fly to Fiji and profess his love for her. So, I hope that (flying to Fiji) doesn't happen and that it's just rumor.

Honestly, to me, the final guys seem very boring. Nice guys for sure. But boring.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, the previews showed someone flying to Fiji, so I'm crossing my fingers that it is Ryan and he becomes the next Bachelor. As much as I have disliked the recycling the past couple of seasons (( ** cough cough ... Emily ...Ashley... cough cough **)), I do like Ryan and really want him to be happy, Next to JP and Ames, Ryan is the only other one that I really, really like out of the whole bunch. The way she cut him really broke my heart.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I like Ryan also and would love to see him as the Bachelor. I have trouble with Ben and Constantine . . can't tell them apart!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought Ashley cutting Ryan on their date was probably the kindest way to do it. Why keep him around and give him hope if she just wasn't into him? She tried to be gentle with him and you could see she was upset about it, but it would have been crueler to keep him around and have to humiliate him in front of the other guys by not giving him a rose. It's the old ripping off the band aid thing. Quicker is better!

I liked Ryan at first, but did start to find him a little annoying after a while. He was a little too high energy for me. Also just don't get the Ames and JP love. JP seems immature to me, especially after his tantrum over Ben having the overnight. He would have had a total meltdown if Ashley had made him wear one of the other wedding costumes. When he was whining to her at the cocktail party and she ran to get the rose, I was screaming, "Noooooooo!" at my TV.

I was laughing at the outtake at the end of the show of the dog peeing on the lantern. That was hilarious. Saw it coming as soon as the dog walked up. Don't usually go for "lowbrow" humor, but that got me!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, you are correct that cutting Ryan quickly instead of making him wait until ring ceremony was probably the best thing to do. I just like the guy - he is soooooooo easy on the eyes.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ashley seemed like she was bored when Ryan went on and on about instant water heaters.

I used to like JP but I don't any more.

I think Constantine is my favorite for her right now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Dogdoc. But I'd be happy with either Constantine or Ben. Just don't see her moving to California though. You never know, though. If she fell head over heals, she could set up her practice anywhere. Once she sees the Sonoma Valley, she's going to fall in love. It's beautiful!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I still can't "see" any chemistry with her and any of the guys. Maybe she's still pining for Bentley? Maybe it's because I see her coming off quite young and unsure and so, so insecure with these guys..notice all the hair tugging, fidgeting and lip chewing. It's rare I see someone so uncomfortable on television that it actually starts making me uncomfortable? I also notice that she has kept the guys who are not as good looking. That, too, makes me think she's wanting a guy who's not better looking than she is as it would feed into her self confidence issues.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for next week because we live in Constantine's "home town" and love his family's restaurant. I don't think she will pick him. She will probably pick Ben,

I still say Ryan will be the next bachelor. He was the best looking and she did him dirty. JP is so controlling. I hope she can see that.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ashley did Ryan "dirty" at all. She just wasn't feeling it with him. I was actually relieved when she let him go, as painful as it was to watch. They just had no chemistry together. Doesn't mean he's not right for somebody else. Just not right for her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If Ryan really lives in Corona del Mar, that's not a bad place to be ;) but he's out.

Probably not the water heaters but she just isn't into him. Just like someone who is into her will listen about teeth and onlays and inlays and implants and bonding and such but other guys might be bored.

If you are really into someone then it is fun seeing them light up about their passion.

But of course that cannot be all they talk about!!

Anyway my dentist practices in Corona del Mar and he's done quite well. Though he did send his kids to school I think in Maine, or nearby. He said when they went back for some parents' day, it turned out that Stephen King was there because one of his kids also attended that private school. My dentist was really surprised that Stephen took quite an interest in hearing all about what my dentist was doing with reconstructive dentistry. I told him I thought Stephen is probably always soaking up info that may show up later in a character in a book ..

====

So Ashley is one listed as one possible for the next DWTS.. seems like she'd have some advantage there at least in terms of choreography and performance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow, some great nuggets of trivia, Sea. I used to work with a guy from Maine. He'd had a college class with Stephen King as his professor before he became a famous writer. Said he was just as "odd" in real life. Love SK!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I'm sure he is still quirky but hopefully less so since he kicked the cocaine habit..

I could handle odd to meet him for sure..

My dentist was just puzzled that SK would find him fascinating..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think you're right that SK is just interested in everything. That's what makes him such a good writer. His characters always seem so believable. Real people like you and me, but the weirdest stuff happens to them! That's what I love about SK.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
With hometown dates tonight, thought I'd pass along this nice article about Ben in his local paper.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110717/ARTICLES/110719552/1350?p=1&tc=pg

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Nice article. Thanks, Jezz.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
My heart is breaking for Ames right now knowing that he's falling so hard and Ashley will dump him tonight. Glad he found such a great rebound girl in Jackie Gordon!!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Ben has only taken one girl home to meet mom. What does that say about the girls he has been dating.

Love the Constantine hometown date.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, July 18, 2011 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Ben seems like such a great guy. Hope they choose him for the next Bachelor!!!