TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through July 11, 2011 users admin

Valentina

07-20-2009

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Valentina a private message Print Post    
Boo to the rerun! Bentley is the epitome of every bad characteristic in a "bad boy." Why do so many feel the need to reform them? Catch and release, catch and release...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was on but it was a rerun last night, Lexie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
They wouldn't run a new show on the 4th of July! People are supposed to be out watching fireworks. Who would watch? (Me! I watch nothing live and record everything, but maybe I'm in the minority.)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I know BJM, but ILuvReality confused me when she said she watched it last night. I didn't turn on ABC because I didn't think it was on.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I record everything too:-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well the producers seem to have gotten who they REALLY wanted this season for next season...

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/emily-maynard-in-talks-to-be-the-new-bachelorette-201167

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Please tell me that doesn't mean we are going to see Bentley again since she's his dream girl.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think anybody wants to see that particular scenario, BBCat!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
... and I bet she gets paid way more than the paltry $30,000 they paid Ashley!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... actually it is pretty funny when you think about next season Bentley is at home sitting on the couch watching Emily's season!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
That will be funny!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm sure now that ABC has their "dream girl," she will probably have a stipulation that the phenomenon known as Bentley is not one of her 25 suitors.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This whole franchise has become almost as incestuous and inbred as the Real World//Challenge mess.. but most of these people are older and, one wold hope, had real lives so Bachelor Pad would SEEM to hardly be a worthy place to go. But I'm not qualified to say, since I have yet to see a single ep of Bachelor Pad and dropped out of watching challenges 2 or more seasons back. For me, that has been a very good thing.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It is no use me saying "If Emily is the Bachelorette I am not going to watch."

I have failed in the past. I will fail again.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
LOL Dogdoc!! At least you'll be in good company!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have failed pretty regularly over the years on these promises..

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I liked Emily but this makes me feel that she was in it for the wrong reasons with Brad. I don't think he had a chance with her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeppers, Bama.

I know everyone thought Emily was so sweet, blah blah blah... I always found her to be on the high maintenance side. I don't know that there is anything Brad could have done to make her happy. And another thing, as much crap as she subjected us to all season about Brad meeting her daughter, now she's going to introduce her daughter to 3-4 men on the MTF dates?

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Emily would eat Bentley for lunch....very sweetly, and without messing up her lipstick. I think I may like to see it!

If she does want a career in broadcasting, this is a good way to do it. And more power to her! I'm way more skeptical about the people who go into with their only goal being to meet someone. In my mind it's more realistic to go into it thinking maybe you can meet someone, but also to have other reasons to do it (be it for your career or to have an incredible experience you can tell your grandchildren about.) I'd be scared to death if my daughter went into it starry eyed and then had her heart broken because she invested too much too fast.

I liked Brad on one level, but that underlying temper he displayed concerned me. Just didn't seem to be appropriate to the situation, and if he is that way with tv cameras around, it made me wonder what he was like when he didn't have that check. Emily probably got a good idea from the last experience how it would impact her daughter. If done correctly, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
amen and ditto lexie!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Yesitsme! I didn't see Emily as high-maintenance. I saw Brad as a man with issues and a temper! I have to think that tantrum he threw when Emily hesitated about introducing him to her daughter was only the tip of the iceberg. One of the articles I read said he went out and bought a house "for them" without ever letting her look at it. Who does that?!

Alliet

07-11-2005

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I see Emily as an opportunist and, perhaps, her exposure on the next Bachelorette will lessen the monetary pressure on her daughter's late father's family's coffers. Maybe she will be able to afford to buy her own home and not live off them. Good luck to her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seen on the front of a tabloid I'd never buy.. Ashley as the runaway bride.. shown with a former fiance.

Who knows. I didn't buy it.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That's funny, Seamonkey. I saw a tabloid headline saying Ashley was betrayed again, and that her chosen bachelor had a secret girlfriend at home. I didn't buy it, either.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They are now in Taiwan. Constantine is the 1st. 1on1.
Chris's interview with Emily will be on tonight. Ho-Hum! We do not have to see her again.