TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 30, 2011 users admin

Glenn

07-05-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
I would like them to spend some time delving into why Ashley has this insecurity that would allow her to buy into a Bentley with all the warning signs she had. She is not ugly and has a nice figure. She is apparently intelligent enough to get into dental school. Did she just have a careless father who raised a careless daughter.

One other thing while I am at it. Just because the upper part of a woman's legs are small enough to see daylight between them does not make her bowlegged. Give her twenty years and that daylight tends to go away.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Glenn. She's very bowlegged! And even if she gets fat, she will still be.

I think many of us have a Bentley. I don't think it's fair to blame her for falling for a guy like that who's had a while to perfect the craft of deception, manipulation, and playing women. She young, it's a learning process. Heck I've seen women in their 50's fall for Bentleys. They are very charming -- that's how they get away with the behavior. It's also that whole badboy with a heart of gold thing. *sigh*

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
She is extremely bowlegged. And I am guessing that they told her to stand with her legs crossed as I noticed that she often crosses her legs when standing head on towards the guys.

Chy

07-19-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
At the point, (finally caught up) I would only be watching it next Monday to see some familiar scene and relive some old fab stuff I'd done in Taiwan.

I don't mind Ashly but I see too much production peeps trying too hard. Looks like another "return" is in the works. Ewww...

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
As a heads up, there is no show next Monday, 7/4. The Taiwan episode is Monday after next.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i must be the only person who hasn't noticed her bow legs, but i don't really think that is a horrible flaw.

glenn, except for the warning from the strange former contestant and him saying he was leaving because of his daughter, what warning signs did she have?

i can totally see ashley wanting to tell the guys. her perspective was 'hey i am totally open for you!' and i see how she explained it wrong. i do understand why the guys got miffed but they are the ones who signed up to all date one woman.

what is happening next week in tv land? so many shows are watched will be airing original episodes in two weeks???

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wasn't there a song …

"I love to go swimming with bowlegged women and swim between their legs!"

I haven't noticed Ashley's bowleggedness (is that a word) but I'll be looking for it in future episodes. For the record, I think she is cute.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I think she is cute too. She has a great body as well.
Does anybody else think that Ames looks a little well ... weird? He is very bright, but looks almost retarded (forgive me)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ames looks and acts a little dazed. I don't recall if he was like that before or if he is maybe still feeling the effects of the boxing. I always think he looks like Robert Kennedy!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We've thought that Ames looks a little strange and part of it, at least for us, are his teeth. They look so perfect that it looks like he's spent a whole lot of money on his mouth. Gives him that "piano mouth" look.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Texannie -- next Monday is the 4th of July, so I guess the networks have gone with repeat programming instead of airing new episodes.

Jimmer -- Funny song lyrics!!

Ashey's bow-leggedness seems to be more visible at times and less visible at others. It seems to me that it's more apparent when she's wearing high platform shoes or really tight pants. I don't really notice it the rest of the time, which leads me to think it might just be an element of the shoes she wears rather than actual bow-leggedness. This clip of Ashley with Ben F. was the first time I really noticed it. Here's a link --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fPVrsAXrho

Several of us commented that the white skirt was unflattering on Ashley and after more consideration I've decided it's more to do with the super high platform shoes than the skirt.

But I've also noticed the bow-leggedness, or faux bow-leggedness, at other times including when she was walking to Bentley's room in Hong Kong. Tight jeans and super high platform shoes seems to be a combination she should avoid. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Mack -- "piano mouth"... LOLOL!!

I've said before and I'll say again... I DIG Ames!

But I do agree he looks a little strange sometimes. Agree his teeth are part of the issue. I think his big, shiny forehead adds to it. Ames' facial expressions are subtle, which I think gives the impression of a frozen face. And of course, the blow to the head added a glazed over look that seemed to cap it off.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bow legs or not, Ashley has a killer body, even though her boobies are a little small (but I guess that goes with being a dancer). She has absolutely no body fat on her.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Don't know if it is true (prob not) but I have read that some think Ames may have had a cleft palate which was reconstructed???

But I think Ames is adorable just as is!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Bing Crosby. Ames has reminded me from day one of Bing bacause of his eyes - wide-set and angled. Google "Bing Crosby Charicature" and look at some of the drawing of Bing - they all emphasize the eyes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, my own personal experience matches Glenn's - bowleggedness with no body fat, is eliminated with body fat.

I do think Ashley is insecure. Just remember how she did herself in last season with her insecurity. That makes her even more susceptible to a practiced womanizer like Bentley.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
what is happening next week in tv land? so many shows are watched will be airing original episodes in two weeks???

Not quite sure what you meant, but my attempted answer is that everyone's in reruns for the fourth of July weekend, since they assume we'll be out partying?

Glenn

07-05-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Glenn a private message Print Post    
That is the question I would like to see answered. Where does ashley's insecurity come from.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maybe we'll get some insight when we see her family?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well it is said that there is a high suicide rate amongst dentists as compared to other professions because of the reaction of people "hating" dentists.. maybe she's feeling that already.. just grasping at straws here.

But she showed insecurity in the Bachelor season, pretty much ensuring that she would go home.

Maybe, just maybe, since Emily was still "engaged" and Chantal GOT engaged, so had to back out, maybe it was time to GO FIND A FRESH BACHELORETTE this season?

I think Ashley is a cute and bouncy girl and for the life of me don't think she would have a hard time meeting guys, once she isn't so busy with school, but I guess they feel they MUST stay within the "pool" each season now.

I hope after going through all this she comes out with a great guy but she does need to think about her insecurities, maybe talk to a counselor (NOT on tv).

Tresbien

08-27-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Perhaps one reason for her insecurities is that she had an absentee dad. Not only did she talk about that to Brad but also she acknowledged it during one chat this season. Was it William who talked about his dad?

/http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2011/05/25/bachelorette-ashley-hebert-dad-gregg/

Marameko

07-15-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I thought it was me and how she walked...........

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
Jeff M (Mr Mask) was at the premiere of ZooKeeper with Kevin James. Didn't meet him, but heard he was in the crowd.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
How did you recognize him, Cpaaa04? Was he wearing his mask or was it his sparkling personality that you recognized?

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 30, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Was he wearing his mask or was it his sparkling personality that you recognized?