TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 28, 2011 users admin

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I am all for honesty but I don't think it was necessary for her to make that kind of announcement. She could have waited until she was down to the final 2 or 3 and then told them each privately like she did with JP. I am sure she would want them to know before they saw the show but it really shouldn't matter to any of them with the exception of her chosen one :-) Just my opinion. BTW I so love coming here and have started posting more.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Tresbien - Going to have to do that. Mrs. K had a briefing early this AM with the Secretary of Veterans Affairs and had to get up and out of the house by 6 AM....no time to catch up on the Bachelorette.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I really couldn't blame the guys for being upset with Ashley. She really bugs me.

I do love JP (Jordan Paul)! Was that the first time we heard his official name mentioned?

And, Ames. He's a cutie.

If it weren't for the great group of guys on this show, it would really be awful. Ashley just is not cut out for this. I wouldn't be, either.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
It seems Ashley's "instincts" have been off from the very beginning. Makes her much more real and vulnerable than any other bachlorette. We finally see someone act irrationally for the wrong guy and continually make wrong decisions and screw things up. Truly a process for this girl. She said it last night, this may not be the right thing for her. Amen.
I find it a bit painful but much more realistic watching Ashley.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Ashley is probably a prime example of where academic knowledge does not necessarily equal maturity. I remember one of my psych professors who got his PhD when he was 24 years old from one of the best and toughest psychology programs in the US...he was only 28 when I was his student...telling me that he felt that he was "socially retarded" (his words, not mind) because all he'd ever done was go to school. Obviously a very smart guy who freely admitted that much of what he learned didn't totally make sense until he got out of school and started to live in the real world so to speak. I offered up....as a "very mature" 29 year old at the time ....that he'd grow out of his social awkwardness.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
"The guy has an amazing talent for saying nothing in such a sincere way it’s hard to tell you’ve actually just heard nothing." - Chris Harrison from his blog http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/28/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-6-blog/

(Thanks for the link above Lexie. I'm afraid to post the quote w/o a link due to that lawsuit.)

Chris worded that perfectly. That is why Ashley really felt that Bentley was into her. He acted so sincerely to her face. Even last night. I feel so bad for Ashley watching those previous episodes and feeling embarrassed and like a fool.

Ames is a cutie but he is also somewhat odd. The way he was standing at the Rose ceremony was odd. He also has his lips slightly open at times and that is somewhat odd. But maybe he is still recovering from his concussion. That can take several days. He seemed a bit out of it and spacey last night.

I absolutely loved whatever it was that Ames said about don't we all wish our fairy tales... . He seems like a really wonderful guy.

I liked how JP handled the whole Bentley talk while they were on their one on one date.

I thought Constantine might walk out last night.

I think Ashley did a good job with her speech to the guys about being selfish and thinking that they would have a good reaction to her news about being relieved to be over Bentley. (I don't think she was being selfish but she used that word.) I appreciate that she told JP, especially if she thinks there may be a future with him, but she really didn't need to tell all the guys. She shouldn't have said she fell for him. I actually think she really should not have said anything until way later in the season. By then her feelings wouldn't be so raw and she could just fluff it off or whatever. By then, it wouldn't have had such an emotional impact on her. She is too honest and naive for her own good really. I like her though. She is giving us a different kind of a season. Although I am finding it a bit boring.

From the previews of the rest of the season, it really looks like the guy she picks to be the final guy walks away from her. Since they show his hair, it looks like it's JP. (or Ryan) (But I think JP is the more likely, at this point.) They also showed one of the guys doubting he could propose if he was the final guy. I think that sounded like JP. I also know that production has set this up for me (and all viewers) to think this, so, I wonder what really will happen through the rest of the season. I'm curious to find out, that's for sure.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
ASHLEY ON JK LAST NIGHT

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Rslover, thanks for posting that. She is really quite personable when she does interviews like that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same exact thought Jezzed -- she over shared! She didn't need to tell them all of that, go on about how hard she fell for Bentley. It was just all too much.

I missed the first 10 minutes so completely missed how she figured out he's a player. I need to watch tonight and see what happened! Do you think producers tipped her off?

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey Brenda, here's a link to a video with only the first 15 minutes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joLue16Xy9o

And here's video from Good Morning America this morning, recapping the whole Bentley phenomenon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj0j04C_a_o

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOLOL... Bentley phenomenon.

At least, now we all have "closure."

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
LOL Lexie... your posts lately have been cracking me up!

I guess in hindsight, "phenomenon" probably was a questionable choice of words, but yes, I think we all got some closure! Not that any of us really needed that, but glad Ashley got some.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh Jezzed... "phenomenon" was a phenomenal choice of words. I like it !!!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Well thanks Lexie!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Worst. Bachelorette. Ever.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching last night's episode. This season truly is a hot mess of a trainwreck! When she was telling JP her "big confession" about being over Bentley (yea, right! how come she still can't stop talking about him?), everything in me was screaming, "Don't do it, Ashley!!!" I was really surprised that he took it so well. I learned from a boyfriend a long time ago that guys do not like to hear about your feelings and experiences with other guys. And sometimes when you're making a big confession like that, you have to stop and think whether you're doing it to make yourself feel better or if it's really what the other guy(s) needs to hear. Sometimes what they don't necessarily need to know is just kinder.

I wasn't suprised that the guys reacted so badly, but had to laugh when one of them said something about how Ashley flew Bentley all the way to Hong Kong (like she set it up and paid for it, not the producers of the show!). I will truly be surprised if Ashley ends up with anyone on this show. What a mess!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It is/was a mess & I don't blame Ashley one bit. Bentley seems like a womanizer & he knows what to say & do to make women swarm him like flies. Some guys are just like that! Bentley had no romantic interest in Ashley from the get go but still turned on his charm like it was just some kind of game. When Ashley's light bulb finally went off, she felt like such a fool! She was just being brutally honest to the guys & herself when she admitted that she had fallen for Bentley's charms & now felt stupid for it. Some of the guys egos just couldn't take it...........IMO 2 of those egos left last night & that's all good for her. Lucas & Constantine & their egos can follow as far as I'm concerned.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Put yourself in the guys' place, TDeb. If you were falling for some guy and hoping you were becoming "special" in his eyes, how would it make you feel to hear him gush about how much he had fallen for someone else. I just don't think that stuff needs to be shared. In this case, I think the only person she should have shared that with was the final guy, if there is one, knowing he'd be seeing it on TV.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Are there enough numbers, in the world, to count how many times Ashley said Bentley's name, last night?
I was wishing for a dirty sock, to stuff in her mouth.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I totally understand from the guys point.......but, they went in this knowing there were 25 of them all trying to win the heart of just 1 woman. This 1 woman was mentally abused to some extent by Bentley because his intentions were not honest........he, not her took something away from the experience that they all could/should have had.

I feel the hurt they had to have felt finding out that she had basically "picked" her choice so early on.........YES, I agree that she should have kept that to herself! Nothing can be done about that now. IMO, there are a handfull of the guys left that can get past this & there were 2 that couldn't......they're gone. I've never cared for Lucas.....he impresses me as maybe being a "hot-head" so his neg. reaction just affirmed that to me. Constantine was a front runner of mine from early on....so there may still be some chance for him. Ryan just creeps me out so hopefully she'll let him go soon cause he creeps out all of the other guys too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the fact that JP was so understanding just goes to show that he cares about her far more than the other guys do.

I do think she had to say something. She was right that she said it poorly. Very poorly. But like TexasDeb said, she is there to allow herself to fall for *them*, and that includes the other guys too!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Ames was pretty understanding as well. I think he cares too, but the guy needs a stylist to get him clothes he can wear.... The jacket last night looked too small.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezzed! I'm guessing she finally realized the other bachelorette was really speaking the truth. I think she had a while to think about that. Who knows, maybe she got to talk to her on the phone or something.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I was very impressed with JP for not going back to the house and telling the other guys about Bentley, like he said it was not his story to tell. I really like that guy.

I wonder exactly why it is that the guys don't like Ryan. They keep saying that he is not showing Ashley the way he is in the house. Not that I really like him, but I don't see how he is different with her and the guys??

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with whoever said that this is among the most real and honest of all the Bachelorette and Bachelor seasons. Ashley is putting it all out there and in some ways it isn't pretty to watch but the good thing is that it seems sincere and fairly unstaged.

I also agree that JP seems to be the one who is the most understanding of Ashley and cares for her more than any of the other guys. Then there was the scene where JP mentioned to the guys that Ashley had already revealed her big secret to him earlier. Talk about driving the final nail into the coffin for these other guys. That had to hurt as well.