TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 24, 2011 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree. The bachelors should be forced out if they admit they are just playing her, absolutely.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
ITA! I think it's been pretty unconscionable of the producers to allow him to play his game once they found out what he was all about. And..what is this with letting people come back the last few seasons?! I think it's absolutely ridiculous and unfair to the people who have stayed through the process. That they let Bentley come back is more than ridiculous. It's mean-spirited.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
They could have resolve the whole 'Bentley' fiasco by just showing her footage. It would have been cheaper for them too. DH and I are both of the same opinion - Ashley is as insecure as the Bachelorette who picks as she was as the Bachelorette who is picked (or not). She was a lousy, lousy choice.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
And she looks bored on most of her dates. It's really not conducive to good viewing.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Well, looks like we've got a majority (if not unanimous) agreement in terms of who the villain is here, with the producers ranking right up there with you know who. It really bugs me every time I see Chris Harrison with his smug (Ryan-like) smile plugging the season and talking about what a jerk you know who is. Chris H. and the production team are every bit as bad as you know who.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I know that for tv, part of the suspense is her wondering if someone is really 'in it for her'. However, once someone has left, it seems like it would be fine to show her the footage of Bentley, rather than ruining the next several shows with an Ashley who simply doesn't want to be with any of the guys she's dating. Blech.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think there should be a bit of an obligation on the producer's part to let her know if someone is being a complete jerk particularly if they have decided to leave the show. I'm not talking about someone who is having doubts or is unclear about his intentions. I'm talking about someone (like Bentley) who is clearly making a mockery of both Ashley and the entire premise of the show. But I guess the producers will do anything for ratings.

I guess another question is how serious and genuine is Ashley herself? Is she sincere or is the entire thing just a big joke meant purely for entertainment purposes?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sure agree that there should be NO do-overs, NO returns, and if someone leaves, showing footage is fair game and would have quickly nipped her obsession in the bud (unless she is one of those people who only go for the person who rejects them.. heck that could be true since she allowed herself to be roasted.)

And the fighting was absurd to force on the guys

Chris Harrison always blogs that he tried hard to reason with her. Well, if that is true, if they SHOWED us some of that, we might dislike his part in this a bit less. Just saying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I also think that this program, since they have had Bachelor Pad, promotes more bad behavior to create more villains, I guess to "enhance" their followup program.

Sort of like people who would not have been allowed on Real World, or who would have been kicked out, now are eagerly included in the challenges.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Was it Brad who had a therapist to talk to during the show?

I think Ashley needs a professional to talk to.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I think while Bentley was there it was fine for him to be the jerk he is and stay. Ashley signed up for this. However once he left the footage should have been able to be shown to her. If she wanted to keep him, and thought he was being sincere that is on her.

Funny, I think if the other guys had pulled her aside and told her he wasn't in it for her she would have never believed them, but she was very quick to believe William about Ben C.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
Sorry I haven't posted since my first one - I've had computer problems.

Let me say I agree with you on Ashley's skirt with Constantine - it was really bad. And I think you are right on about her immaturity. I'm glad others are seeing the same things as me.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey, glad to see you back Cpaaa04!! Thought maybe we/I scared you off. Hope you'll stick around and join in the ongoing discussions. It's the different viewpoints and resultant debates that make this board so much fun. What sets TVCH apart is that the differences of opinion can be discussed and explored in a respectful setting. No flaming here! Hope we'll see more of you!!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc said... Was it Brad who had a therapist to talk to during the show? I think Ashley needs a professional to talk to.

What a great idea Dogdoc! It was Brad who had a psychologist on hand, and I agree, it would have probably been helpful to Ashley and interesting for the viewers to have a professional on hand to help her through her "dark place." Too bad the producers didn't think of that!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Although I agree Ashley could use some professional help, please don't make us watch that again! I hated that in Brad's last season and always FF'd thru the parts with his "therapist." I found it incredibly boring and self-indulgent.

I really wish they had shown Ashley the footage of Bentley trash talking her. It might have been painful at first, but at least she would've been better able to move on and quit pining over him already. She's really not giving any of the rest of them a chance.

I was appalled that she sent home Ben C. without even giving him a chance to defend himself. How did she know William wasn't just making it up? On the other hand, though William was a favorite of mine at first, he did show himself to be very immature and insecure, and I was so glad she let him go. Can you see the two of them together? They'd never be able to make a decision on anything!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Babyjax... agree regarding Brad's televised therapy sessions, but I think it might have been different with Ashley. Brad was a psycho. Ashley is just a confused girl with insecurities. I think there might have been some value in having her talk through that with someone.

Completely agree with you about the producers showing Ashley footage of B. They could have nipped the whole thing in the bud but chose not to. Her lack of connection with the other guys is painfully evident. Kind of wish we could just fast forward to the end of the season and get it over with.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Brad was a psycho cause he didn't pick a girl on the first show and the relationship didn't work out with the 2nd?

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Texannie -- fair question. No, Brad was actually my fav bachelor precisely because he didn't pick either girl in his first season. The psycho part comes more from what I've been reading about him since the end of his second season, his relationship with the ex-girlfriend and his handling of his relationship with Emily. Could all just be tabloid fodder, but when I looked back at his inability to deal with confrontation and accusations made by the ex-girlfriend, he just came off looking pretty psycho to me. I came away feeling like Chantal and Ashley both dodged a bullet.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
If the Producers would have shown Ashley the Bentley tapes, I wonder if she would have had such a breakdown that she would have quit the production? If the penalty of breaking a contract would have been too severe, she may have continued, but we may still have the same season with her not relating to the men left and generally not having much fun. The whole thing could have been adverted if the Producers would have just kicked Bentley off. It makes me wonder what a participant has to say that would get them shown the door. We know that dating one of the staff will get you kicked off. I assume any physical assault would too, but is there anything that they say in the confessionals that can disqualify them from continuing?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I saw while checking out at the store today on the cover of USWeekly..Only regret Ashley has is that she slept with Bentley. When did she sleep with him and where? Tabloid fodder!

Carrly

09-28-2000

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carrly a private message Print Post    
I just don't see her having chemistry with anyone, maybe J.P.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
From the previews for next Monday, a lot of the guys are quite angry at her and her fascination with Bentley. I hope none of them leave on their own. If they do, she can only blame it on herself. I would hate to see JP get hurt by her. He is "HOT". I would love to see him with longer hair.

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"Only regret Ashley has is that she slept with Bentley."

Gosh, I sure hope there's no truth to that article, otherwise she's a bigger fool then I thought she was/is.

Wonder how the guy she ended up with, if, in fact, she did end up with someone, feels reading about her sleeping with Bentley.

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Life & Style Weekly‘s June 27th 2011 issue features an interview with The Bachelorette star Ashley Hebert who admits she’s engaged.

In the issue:

Bachelorette Ashley Hebert nearly lost hope after the man she had fallen in love with, contestant Bentley Williams, walked out her on the June 6 episode–but she has since overcome her heartbreak! In fact, Life & Style can exclusively reveal that she Ashley is engaged to the man she chose to receive her final rose.

On a secluded Fiji island on May 13, the winning bachelor got down on one knee and proposed with a stunning Neil Lane diamond ring. “Ashley’s elated,” an insider reveals to Life & Style. “She’s engaged to the winner and is wearing her engagement ring.”

“I’m happy with the way things turned out for me,” Ashley confirms in an interview with Life & Style. Now, weeks after filming has wrapped, “she’s definitely still in the relationship,” confirms an insider. “She says she’s really happy.”

And while the couple must keep their relationship under wraps until theBachelorette finale airs in August, the lucky winner can’t stop gushing about Ashley! “He said, ‘I’m in such a great place in my life, and I’m the happiest I’ve ever been,’” a show insider tells Life & Style.

For more on The Bachelorette‘s engagement, pick up the new issue of Life & Style, on newsstands in New York now and nationwide Friday!

http://celebritychatta.com/2011/06/15/life-style-weekly-june-27-2011-the-bachelorettes-ashley-hebert-yes-im-engaged/

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Ashley Hebert's Bombshell: She Slept with Bentley Williams

Fans were shocked by Ashley Hebert's over-the-top reaction to the departure of bad bachelor Bentley Williams: After the two-faced 28-year-old told her that he wasn't interested in continuing to compete for her heart - claiming that it was because he couldn't stand to be away from his 2-year-old daughter, Cozy - she cried hysterically and clung to him. Now, an insider shares with In Touch that there was a secret reason for Ashley's anguish, one that explains her lack of restraint even as Bentley was, in reality, dumping her. "Ashley slept with Bentley before he left the show. That is the reason that she was so devastated!"

http://www.intouchweekly.com/2011/06/
jk_rowling_unveils_exclusive_p.php

(article is on the right side of the page)