TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 20, 2011 users admin

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
ghastly character

Great choice of words Jimmer! Ghastly... my fav word for the day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Channeling Simon Cowell, Jimmer? LOL!

Welcome to posting, Cpaaaa.. I think we are stuck hearing more about Bentley since he is destined to return..

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
But that actually wouldn't literally mean "to be continued", but is often used in that way.

True. It wouldn't mean "to be continued." But many writers have been known to use ellipses instead of periods. I'm speculating here, but it seems as if the ellipses are being used as a way to draw you into the next frame—as if they are saying, “Keep going; there's more to come.”

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I have a degree in English Lit, so let me throw in my here.

An ellipses (. . .) is used whenever words are left out of a quote. It can be used at the beginning of your quote (to show that there were words preceding what you're using that were left out--essentially you're starting in the middle of a sentence), you can use it in the middle (to show that you've shortened the quote to present the "meat" of the idea and left out non-essential wordiness), and you can use it at the end (to show that there were words following what you're quoting--essentially that it continues along the same lines).

So Bentley's use of "dot dot dot," though really cornball and manipulative on his part, was meant to indicate that they weren't necessarily over. It was really cruel of him to lead her on in that way, cause now she's pining over him and thinking they may still have a chance. I hope when he comes back next week, they make him tell her the truth for the sake of her getting him out of her head and moving on. But I doubt it.

Sorry, Cpaaa04, I just couldn't resist. I will now stop talking about Bentley (for a while anyway). Welcome to TV Clubhouse! You're all dismissed from English class for the day . . .

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I see Babyjax mom.

Bentley is a ... who acts like a ... and deserves to be ...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dogdoc!! That totally cracked me up!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A lovely post. Brilliant choice of words.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
lol I was thinking of you Moderators when I wrote it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ah, Bentley. Haven't most of us had a Bentley in their lives before? Mine was named Michael. He still crosses my mind at times. Strange, huh.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Babyjax -- loved your explanation! Thank you for setting us all straight on proper ellipses usage.

Dogdoc... your comment was BRILLIANT!!!

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
brenda you are right I think we have all had guys like that and for some reason they do come to mind from time to time!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended! Loved your response, Dogdoc! It was PAR-fact! Or maybe it was "cute"? We could make a drinking game of the times Ashley says something is "cute."

Yes, we've all had a Bentley in our lives, unfortunately. I think I've had more than my share, honestly. Kissed a lot of frogs . . .

Dahli

11-27-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dahli a private message Print Post    
Yep me too, named Sam.... :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My Bentley's name was Scott. Holy cow -- that had to be 25 years ago.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey Lexie -- I left a message for you in the BP thread.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
30 mins until the show begins in the east. Any spoilers out there tonight?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They are in a new part of Thailand and the 1st 1on1 is with Ben F. They toured a bit and really wanted to kiss but it was taboo because they in front of a Temple. They had dinner later and finally kissed. They can both feel the love. The next date card came and Will and Ben C. are going on the 2on1 date and are not happy because one of them will go home. The group date is some type of Muay Thai boxing.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Blake beat Lucas. JP is a little scared because he is the smallest guy. JP beat Mickey. JP said the Jew from Long Island beat the Irishman. Ryan beat Ames and Ames is pretty shaky. Constantine beat Nick. Ashley ran and got the crew and they took Ames to the hospital for a concussion.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ashley felt the fight was a disaster and hoping Ames will show up, he is still in the hospital. Ames shows up later that night. Ben C. and Will are getting more upset about the 2on1 date. Blake tells Ashley he hasn't gotten any attention from her. Lucas told Ashley he could tell she was really interested in Bentley. Blake got the rose.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ashley tells us she still can't forget Bentley. Ben C. And Will go on their date....they are on a raft on a river in the jungle with Ashley. Will told Ashley about Ben not being there for the right reasons and can't wait to go home and do Internet dating. She tells Ben what she has heard and sends him home immediately. She did not tell him Will said it, she had just heard it from one of the guys. The guys in the house see Ben's luggage being picked up.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
did Will just throw Ben under the bus???

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, he told a half truth about Ben and Ashely didn't question it. He said Ben wanted to go home.

I am losing respect for her.

She is still hung up on Bentley!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo. William got his walking papers. I am respecting Ashley a little more now.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Will and Ashley are now having dinner. Ashley said the 1st. date with Will was the best she has ever had. Ashley doesn't feel the spark she once had for him. She tells him it isn't there for her and sends him home. The guys are elated when his luggage is picked up.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I am disappointed in Ashley. Why would she send someone home solely based on what another guy said? I think she is trying to look like she is strong and dedicated to the process... but Ben could have been there for the right reasons or just told Will whatever because it is none of his business... Ashley should have figured it out herself