TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 17, 2011 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Actually, I would look favorably on a guy who would put his child before me, because I would put my child before him! So, that was a master manipulator kind of move. He knows exactly what he's doing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, yes, under normal circumstances I would agree.

But you see, he was walking away from *any* chance he had with Ashley. That's the point.

If by putting your child first, it means walking away from the relationship, then, duh, he's walking away from the relationship!

He never said, it's breaking my heart to leave you. He never said, look, I want to be with you, so I'll be waiting for you when you're done here. He said dot, dot, dot. For Pete's sake. Dot, dot, dot, means sayanora!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
He said just enough to string her along. She's obviously never met a guy like him so she has no idea what she's dealing with. That's probably a lesson that has to be learned the hard way, unfortunately. I feel bad for her.
Many of us have a Bentley in our past.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When they replayed events this week, from last week, they edited it to make it seem like Bentley sayd dot dot dot first but left out the part where she actually brought that concept into the equation. He just went with it to cause further pain, or perhaps to be paid to come back?

Also she gave the Bentley she thought he was an out by saying she would have brought his daughter to him, so he could have seen her and stayed longer but he didn't.

At that point she just kept obsessing on him.

Chy

07-19-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
I went home(Taiwan) after Easter and got back all behind on every reality show ... (Now I use ... a lot, it means '... there's more but I won't bore you with too much details ...' in my book)

It took me many restarts before I finally finished the 1st ep! Not an interesting season so far. I basically agree with you all that, JP, Ben F. and Ames are cute and hopeful. But Constantine in the last ep. got my attention for being such easy-going and a pleasant American abroad.
Ash was extremely annoying with the B word! Guessing it's possible the production doesn't care much about her. They must have prodded her Soooo often: "... how do you feel about losing B now? ..." Yuck!

If she lets B back in the line up it'd be disgusting! }

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Ok SeaMonkey - I literally had to go back and rewatch this crappy episode on ABC to see that conversation go down. (It was clearly bugging me LOL)

Here's how it went:

Bentley shows up at the door, immediately hugs her. He keeps hugging her, not letting her go.

He tells her he misses his daughter, while rubbing her arms.

She asked if he was coming back, and he said he didn't think that's how it worked (something like that anyway).

He tells her that he woke up this morning with this feeling that his daughter missed him and he needed to go to her. Ashley said if it was up to her she would bring her daughter here to him.

She starts crying a lot, tells him she doesn't know how this will work for her now, she pictured him in the end even though that sounds crazy. He said it wasn't crazy because he pictured himself at the end as well.

He then whispered, while she's crying, if he can call her. It doesn't appear as she answers him, just cry's more.

She's crying, he's kissing her neck trying to turn her on (gag me), he stands up and gets her to wrap around him pretending like he's gonna start something (again, gag me). She's still crying.

He asks her to come with him. She says I CAN'T.

He then says, who knows what will happen, "but he wants to keep the DOT DOT DOT there even though it doesn't make sense". That's word for word what he said.

She then whispers very quietly "dot dot dot", and he didn't hear her and said "what" and she says louder "dot dot dot".

So, it was DEFINITELY him that started the whole dot dot dot crap and perpetuated that he was "heartbroken" and sad to be leaving.

If anyone wants to watch it, it's Part 2 of Episode 3 on ABC's site and that particular clips is what starts on the Part 2 episode. The dot dot dot conversation starts at about 9:30 of that video.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wowprincess, that is exactly how I heard it go down. I posted it at Wed 3:48 am.

He did NOT use the words "Not a period."

Chris added that.

I applaud you for your bravery for watching and listening to that whole painful scene again.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
". . ." I said it first! Bwahahahahahaha

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I hate how Ashley says something is "PER-FACT".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the recap.

The only thing he didn't do to lead her on was leave. And even that lead her on more with the dot dot dot stuff (which he started), the idea that they could meet again later, him asking her to go with him, all the physical contact and the lie that he was only leaving because he missed his little girl (which makes him seem to be a great Dad and a great person).

All that weighed against Michelle's warning which I'm sure Ashley discounted after seeing Michelle's crazy behavior last season.

Besides these people are always coming and going now. Look at Ali. She got a whole season of the Bachelorette out of that and she only left because of her job (supposedly). And she came back. It's not surprising that Ashley would hold out hope for Bentley's return. And if Bentley was genuine, I suspect that most of us would be cheering for it and find it very romantic.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I think Bently did say the "not a period" also, Chris just repeated it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for researching that WowPrincess!

I thought Bentley also said the "not a period" line too Bama-karen. but I don't really have the stomach to watch it all again. LOL.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Wow, I'm off line for 24 hours and the conversation exploded again... LOL!

I recapped the Bentley/Ashely conversation right after the episode aired, way up-thread from here. I think everyone gets now that Bentley started the "dot dot dot."

Regarding the, dot dot dot versus a period...
It was BENTLEY who said that also.

"Dot dot dot is better than just a period. I hope you feel that and know that."

Yes, I rewatched just to be sure so we all can put to rest that it was indeed BENTLEY who said both the dot dot dot and the better than a period. And the camera was in his face recording his words when he said it, so it wasn't an editing trick.

It was not Chris Harrison. It was Bentley.

Hope this clarifies for anyone who still wonders who said what.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezzed! That's what I thought I heard. He's completely leading her on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I never want to watch that scene again, but I'm pretty sure they will rub our noses in it more than once, including at After the Rose.

And I'm well aware of what [. . .] or ellipsis where three periods are inserted in a written document to indicate that words have been dropped out of the original being quoted. I learned that in high school English.

And of course with computers people started using "dot" for a period. I haven't been in an English class sort of situation for years and for all I know people now use dot dot dot to mean ellipsis (heck years ago dot dot dot would have been Morse code), though literally it would be dot space dot space dot space.

But that actually wouldn't literally mean "to be continued", but is often used in that way.

But my comment was that the first I heard "dot dot dot" said other than for Morse code, was in the musical Mamma Mia where the daughter is telling her friends why she isn't sure which of her mother's former lovers is her father because she read her mom's diary from the time and she would be describing the date with each guy, ending with "dot dot dot" which was clearly to mean that they engaged in activities that could be expected to result in a child.

So it amused me to hear it used on this show where I'm sure they both took it to mean that the story many not have ended with Bentley going home, that they could pick it up later, maybe. and with help from the producers it looks like that attempt will be made.

Anyway, I have no respect for Bentley and I don't care that it is clearly the way to "fame" in reality tv these days, more air time, more time on subsequent shows and online.. in other words, probably his desire for exposure, not caring one bit if it would be positive or negative. I know it is common now but I don't respect it or anyone who promotes it.

But I have to admit he has people talking.. just want to get PAST him asap because there ARE some really nice-seeming, genuine guys there for Ashley.

LOL and now I'll get off my high horse (need a ladder) so I can go do real reality and take a lady to her radiation appt.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
okay, having reviewed the thoughtfully provided transcript (thank you!), I obviously did miss some things in that goodbye scene.

Bentley is a, well, not nice guy.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't remember hearing Bently saying "Not a period." I only heard Chris say it.

I wonder if any other board has agonized over dot dot dot like we have. lol

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezz for wading in there again. Be sure to clean your shoes.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezz for wading in there again. Be sure to clean your shoes.

haaa haaaa haaaaa!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm sure we aren't the only board going "dotty"

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Here's a clip of Ashley on Jay Leno, w/guest Larry David surprisingly worked up over the Bentley scandal

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/06/17/larry-david-defends-ashley-hebert-on-the-tonight-show/

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jezzed. I don't normally find Larry David very funny, but he was in that video. Maybe it was because it was just clips.

Terrible dress on Ashley. I thought her hair looked great though.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I'm new to posting on this site, but have been reading posts for a while now. I agree with you about Bentley- let's stop talking about him!!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Who said we should stop talking about Bentley? While his behavior is despicable, I personally think his antics are the most interesting thing to happen to this show in a long time. He turned what I expected to be a dismal season in to one that finally lives up to the producers plugs of "most dramatic ever." Bentley's behavior raises some interesting points for discussion -- in terms of his behavior towards Ashely, her perception of him, as well as the producers handling of the situation.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't recall hearing anyone say we should stop talking about him. The only thing I wanted to "put to rest" was who said what (dot dot dot versus a period), since -- as is often the case with these shows -- different people hear different things. I just wanted to move past that one point since there was still such a surprising degree of disagreement as to what he actually said.

No offense intended, just my two cents...

PS... Welcome aboard Cpaaa04!!! Don't let me discourage you from posting. All opinions are welcome here and that's what makes this forum so much better than any of the other message boards out there. Lively and respectful discourse are always on tap here!! Glad you decided to come out from behind your monitor and say hello!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's always nice to see new people posting. Welcome! :-)

Bentley is a ghastly character but he sure has made an impression (a bad one!)