TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 12, 2011 users admin

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I agree with Brenda -- I also think it's C.
I think most girls / women, to some degree, like we're different than the one(s) who came before us. Bentley will certainly benefit from that going forward. Some girls (many, hopefully) will take a pass, but there will always be those girls who will think they have something special that will leave him devoted to her forever. Sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is sad, but unfortunately true.

Personally I don't like to be around people who treat others badly, so it wouldn't work for me.

Cisbum

06-05-2011

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cisbum a private message Print Post    
Ashley will be on the cover of People next week, unfortunately there's a pic of whats-his-face too. Here's the blurb...

Eight million viewers tuned in to The Bachelorette Monday night, expecting to witness Ashley Hebert continue her quest to find Mr. Right.

What they witnessed instead was a series of heartbreaking and humiliating moments, as some of her potential suitors embarrassed her in public – while the man she envisioned proposing in the season finale gleefully played her for a fool.

"I'm extremely humiliated," Ashley, 26, tells PEOPLE in the new issue. "He had intentions to really hurt me – and he did."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20500732,00.html

<added link - 77>

Tresbien

08-27-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tresbien a private message Print Post    
Rslover thanks for the links to Ashley on Jimmy Kimmel. Thought it was hilarious and worth watching, especially when he says that she shouldn't be ordering off a menu on her own. LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jimmy is funny. I watched last night. I thought she was going to be in the studio, not on skype. I enjoyed it anyways.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs. K has officially announced our choice....it's JP.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The attraction that women have to certain guys baffles me but I can see why JP would be appealing. Good humored, down to earth, fun, good looking and sincere.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thoght Jimmy K roasted Ashley. I don't think she needed that.

Ritfie

05-09-2006

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritfie a private message Print Post    
This can't be right. I just love JP and I never like the person other people like. LOL.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think that Bentley is a,b,&c. Regarding b...he is "infamous", not famous!

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
That is not the same Jimmy Kimmel I watched the other night with Ashley.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I watched part 1 and part 2 that was posted here of Jimmy K.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, June 09, 2011 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I gotta say it again, just cannot see good looks as one of Bentley's traits. Not into squatty square faces I suppose. I watched the first week and after reading here, I see I'm not missing a whole heck of a lot. I wish Ashley well.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
ok just noticed the one I watched aired in May and she was at the Studio.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Txhazeleyes, I think Bentley suffers from that old would-be-a-lot-better-looking-if-he-was-a-nicer-person syndrome. Works both ways. An average guy can be perceived as much better looking (JP), if he's really a sweetheart. Funny how that works.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Just went with my husband to our favorite Italian restaurant. I had forgotten Constatine's family owned it. Turned around and there he was mingling with the customers. The restaurant was packed. He was talking to a table full of young ladies. You could tell they loved him and he loved the attention.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Dlkuhn4, What did you see when you saw Ashley with Jimmy K?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 10, 2011 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jimmy roasted her, he just was a talk show host/comedian with her..

Watching that show and then reading the People article, I really wonder if she ever did commit to someone at the end, or not.

I don't think she gets beyond the fact that SHE was betrayed or done wrong, though she doesn't blame the host or the producers.

But I think she has some growing to do on her own.. sure she says all the small boob barbs were okay because she herself jokes about hers but to me, why does she put herself down that way and why on earth would she feel it was okay to invite people she doesn't really know well to roast her and tape it for TV? Seems like in proving that some things are okay she ends up going overboard in giving the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she needs to do some rehab or PT on either having accurate gut feelings, or in trusting those feelings, so that she can spot/sense someone who is not genuine and perhaps be able to pay attention to those who ARE genunine.

In wasting all this time on Bentley, and we already know from multiple sources that Bentley will be back on the show and he'll also be included in After the Rose. Oh, Joy.

But in not trusting or perhaps not having good instincts, I suspect she is sending home guys who had more potential. In spending so much time on Bentley, she had less time with some of the other men there.

She did say, when Jimmy asked, that she owes Michelle Money a call. She hasn't talked to her but they have been texting.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
A couple of excerpts from Masked Jeff's interview with Wetpaint.

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/jeff-medolla-the-mask-was-a-joke-bentley-was-really-cool-i-felt-no-connection-with-ashley-jp-will-win#2

Who is the right guy for Ashley and, in your opinion, do you think she’ll end up engaged?

I don’t know, I think maybe she’ll end up engaged. It’s hard to say. I think that, I could tell that there were a few guys that really seemed sincerely into her. One, of course, everybody’s kind of talked about, JP. JP seemed like a nice guy. I didn’t talk to him a bunch. Again, the reception to me was never real warm. So it wasn’t like — you know, a bunch of dudes over there talking, I’d come over, I’d have to really engage in the conversation you know and try really hard. I’ve never had to do that. Some of my best friends are African-American, you know, I get along with everyone. But to answer your initial question, probably like JP — JP seemed like he was genuinely into her, so I’d go with him.

Were you hurt or upset by the things Bentley said? He talked a lot of sh*t about everybody. Do you think he’ll have a hard time finding a girlfriend after this?

Unfortunately, we live in a country where scandalous sh*t sells and nice guys are kind of like “Eh,” then all of a sudden you’ve got an a**hole dude and all of a sudden that’s what totally sells. I don’t think Bentley’s going to have any problem with any girls, to be honest with you. Just because it seems like a lot of girls like a**hole guys. I don’t think Bentley is, like, a total a**hole, I just think he was playing the camera and doing whatever. I don’t think he really wanted to be there, after maybe four or five days I could just tell. Again, I can sit here and admit I didn’t totally — I mean, my whole situation was very unique, too, ‘cause again with the mask I was kind of getting to the point where I’m like “Dude, I don’t even really feel like being here anymore but whatever, I’m just going to ride it out.” Now, quitting was never an option. I was just going to be like, “All right, let’s get this thing off, and you know what, it is what it is, if I get cut then that’s the way life works out.” Whereas obviously Bentley was kind of like “You know what, I think I’m gonna leave.” I’m like “What? What do you mean? I don’t even know if you can leave.” He’s like "I’m going to go back to my daughter" and all this. There is no doubt in my mind that he missed his daughter. But I think it sounds cool or something to maybe say the "I’m using my daughter" thing, but it’s really not the case. If you try and add everything up that he said, I’ve had friends say, it’s like everything he said is very contradicting and it doesn’t all add up and maybe that’s what he was trying to do. I don’t know. … Did it offend me? No, I could give a sh*t. You know what I mean, you move into this house. A lot of people are there not to make friends, you stay in touch with some people. I have a feeling I’ll be in touch with Bentley. Bentley and I talked a lot about business and we’re both entrepreneur-type guys. I’m not saying like I trust him totally, but I don’t really trust anyone in there ‘cause I don’t really know those people. I think everybody’s got a motive to be there and I think genuinely there are people that get maybe lucky and fall in love and whatnot. That’s initially why I went but then it kind of turns into, you are there to kind of maybe promote your career so to speak, as well.

Did you really wear the mask all day every day?

No, I did not.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jeff sounds like he could be as big an a-hole as Bentley.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Some of my best friends are African-American, you know, I get along with everyone. - from the above article.

Seriously he said that? I'm with Lexie. Then again he seems like the kind of awkward guy who may be sincere but always says the wrong thing at the wrong time and doesn't fit in.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The mask was a really stupid idea. Rather than her getting to know "the man behind the mask," he became just "The Mask." He wasn't charming or clever or funny or even interesting. I can't believe she kept him as long as she did.

I'm sure the Roast was not her idea. That had Fleiss written all over it. How can making fun of someone who's already so insecure about herself possibly be a good idea? I guess somebody thought it would make good television. It was dramatic, but painful to watch.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, ITA. Jeff's statement there did not even fit in with the conversation. Strange.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
bentley's ex wife was om Access hollywood.

i missed most of it though.

Msbullwnkl

08-15-2005

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
You didn't miss much Dlkuhn4. I can't even remember most of what she talked about and I watched it.