TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 07, 2011 users admin

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
As Credits roll we have The Mask reading the want ads on the toilet while Bentley primps in the mirror.

Bandit

07-29-2001

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
Naja...I'm with you. LOVE JP!!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ashley liked Bently because of the bad boy attraction. He was forbidden. He's also smooth as silk. I've met those kind of guys and they are good, good at deception, good at making you feel special when they don't feel you are. Stringing a girl along like that is a good stroke to their ego. But ultimately underneath it all he's a coward. Can't look a woman in the eye and say "I'm just not feeling it". I think he displayed his lack of respect for others very well -- he wears it like a medal. Sickening!

I think she had her glasses on because she probably took her contacts out after all that crying.
I would have kept William as well. They did have a connection and he just messed up at the roast.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think that JP is a man's man, he probably has a six pack, great body, charm and does not need a fancy hair-do to compete with the other guys. And he is Jewish, with the name Rosenbaum, he has to be. Would love to see him with more hair, but I don't think it is necessary for Ashley. I also like Ben F. and Ryan P..can't figure out why she is keeping Constantine.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Still watching the episode, but... I agree with you Brenda. Bentley is the worst possible kind of man. No regard for anyone's feelings but his own. That he finds himself so clever and amusing is something that will I suspect come back to haunt him down the road. Every dog has his day, I have no doubt Bentley will have his.

What's sort of odd to me is that after Ashley confronted Bentley about the rumor that he intended to leave after only a few days, when he comes in 24 hours later and says he's leaving, she foolishly believes it's because of his daughter and doesn't even question whether it's what he had planned all along. How can that be? Is she really that gullible?

Back to the episode...

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Wow, even as Chris Harrison was spelling it out for her, you could see Ashley still wasn't getting it. All she could see was the "dot, dot, dot."

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Okay, if nothing else, at least tonight's events brought an end to all the giggling. I don't think there was a giggle to be heard from after the roast until the end of the episode... yay!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Chris' ep 3 blog is up

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/07/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-3-blog/

Scarebaby

07-31-2005

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scarebaby a private message Print Post    
Wow, this is my first season watching this show, and I'm struck by a couple of things...first of all, that Ashley seems to be a really poor judge of character. I'm not sure what's clouding her vision, besides her own insecurities, and her love of a good looking guy.
Also, to be honest, I'm not sure why some of these guys are here...West? He seems to "have it all". Ben F. - cute but does he even have a personality?

Anyway, I'm reminded of the old saying "Sincerity and insincerity appear the same"....Bentley is awfully good at faking sincerity! What a creepazoid.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I have to preface this by saying, I'm not a big fan of Chris Harrison. In fact, he reads completely shady to me and I prefer to see as little of him as possible. That said, I really appreciated this comment from his blog (see link a few posts above). Very well stated.

Let me be very clear about my thoughts on Bentley and him leaving. I have no problem with him coming on the show. I have no problem with him coming on the show even if he was hoping our bachelorette was going to be Emily. You never know what can happen when you meet somebody. I also don’t have a problem with him deciding it was time to leave, that’s completely up to him. I also didn’t have a problem with him using his daughter as an excuse to leave and let Ashley down easy; that’s not the way I would have handled the situation, but so be it. My issue is he appears to have come on the show with bad intentions, and when he decided to leave, he messed with Ashley’s head by leading her on and letting her believe that there’s still a chance for them to be together. He knew Ashley had fallen for him, and instead of just leaving and letting her go he took one last inappropriate shot by ending it with that ridiculous “dot-dot-dot” garbage.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I thought that the “dot-dot-dot” garbage came from Ashley though. Didn't he say he wouldn't be back, that's not how the rules work. Dot-dot-dot was her montra.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Bentley thing.. I do think it was the forbidden fruit .. or something .. but all that wailing and gnashing of teeth: if she DID pick someone at the end, how the heck is he feeling about now, watching this?

Saying her husband was in the room apparently meant Bentley in the room and the others, oh, well they were there too.

Bentley was horrible but she has put enough on film to badly hurt several of those guys.

And how stupid to invite people to roast you?

Mask guy needed to shave along with losing the mask but then he went around looking sort of strange, anyway. Like a heavy Richard Nixon vibe.. or something.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
BTW. I love how CH sports Reid's hairstyle

Bon, I really liked Reid. Nice to have a reminder of him. :-)

I think that sometimes people fall hard and fast for each other. Bentley really led her on and she really fell for him. When this was filming, she had no clue that he was saying all that stuff to the camera. He was nice to her in person, especially when she was crying after the roast. And he was the only one (or at least the first one depending on the editing) to go comfort her at a time when she was very vulnerable. She is physically attracted to him and liked kissing him. He gave her lots of indications that he was into her. Even when he was at "her house" telling her he was leaving, he was still leading her on and being physically and verbally affectionate with her. And vaguely possibly leaving the door open for the future. Also, she really fell for him, of course she is going to see and hear what she wants to with blinders on...that is why she didn't question whether he really was leaving for his daughter. But just because she didn't verbalize it doesn't mean she didn't question it. I think she didn't question it when he first said he was leaving, but I think she did as soon as he left.

I can totally understand why she fell for him and didn't know what a snake he was.

Maybe she and Michelle are not really all that close and it certainly seems feasible that one's ex wife might not be truthful and may even try to sabotage her ex's future relationship.

I think there is plenty of time for her to get over him and move into a two way love relationship with one of these guys w/o the guy getting upset with her. I would think that the one she does pick, if she picks anyone, would have a much harder time with her relationship with the guys who come in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

ITA that the whole roast thing was really stupid and she shouldn't have agreed to it. However, maybe she was trying to see if they would still be respectful to her.

William was really stupid thinking he had to actually "roast" her.

I feel really badly for her especially now that she is seeing all this for the first time. I hope she isn't too crushed.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Here is Kristin Baldwin's recap:

Episode 03 | Aired Jun 6, 2011
'The Bachelorette' recap: When Idiots Attack
Ashley's confidence takes a beating as the guys perform a "comedy" roast in her honor, and Bentley makes a beeline for the door.
By Kristen Baldwin | Published Jun 7, 2011

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was so shocking. I expected more to happen. She still doesn't know what a piece of shit Bentley is. That annoys me.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
not even going to give bentley the time in my post...disgusting!

did anyone notice the man walking across the front door before bentley walked up??

if the getting cozy in our sweats was spur of the moment? where did JP get his??? LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, I was also wondering where the sweats came from.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
How did Ashley not have black eyes with running mascara from all that crying? I was so focused on that it made the whole scene seem very staged. Didn't notice any real tears either. If she was really crying I want to know what kind of mascara she's using!
Love JP. Have from the first episode. He's not the most handsome, but there is something very real and sincere about him.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Why do I get the idea that we've not seen the end of Bentley.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Snoops, it looked to me like Ashley was wearing fake eyelashes.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I just found out that I need to root for Ben F (He went to our local H.S. ... He was probably at the Grad Night Party that I volunteer at.) J.P. is still my favorite .. but I'll be making Ben my second choice... ;)

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
My two favorites are Ben F and JP

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Snoops, it looked to me like Ashley was wearing fake eyelashes.

Was going to say the same thing

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
My two favorites are Ben F and JP

It's hard not to like JP... he's so down to earth and sweet and genuine. Same with Ben F -- very genuine.

That said, I'm going on record as saying I have my money on Ames. Can't wait for her to go on a date with him, which based on previews looks like it will happen next episode. I know there are mixed feelings in the group about Ames' looks -- indeed, sometimes the camera catches him looking somewhat normal and even handsome, and sometimes he looks like his forehead is about to explode. Weird. But that aside... I think Ames will appeal to the intellectual in Ashley. If there's any sort of physical spark, Ames could bring it home. And he does seem smitten. The camera has caught him looking at her with a sparkle in his eye more than once. Right now I think he's the dark horse to win. Just my

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey guys,

I just started a spoiler thread for anyone who wants to speculate on things based on the spoilers that are out there. Since the season so far is only spoiled through F4, there's still lots of room for speculation.