TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 06, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah I said first impression.. I actually meant that he got the group date rose..

The fake wedding was ridiculous and painful. Not a good idea.

Sportygirl

06-14-2005

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportygirl a private message Print Post    
Calimom, add "amazing" to your list of over used words. I want ABC to leave a thesaurus in the house so they can learn to use another word besides "amazing" to describe their dates!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hey it took years for this show to get beyond "Smokin' HOT!"

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The fake wedding was ridiculous and painful, but I thought William was a very good sport about it. He knew it must be a joke, but at times he did look terrified!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And another thing... if someone told me to flip a coin to see if I would get a rose, I'd say "See ya... I'm outta here... going downstairs to play the slots."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Roteach, Ashley is from Maine. She said the furthest south she would move is Southern Massachusetts.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought the flipping of the coin for a rose was tacky too. And I also am wondering why she's keeping a texas oil person. He can't move north!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
And another thing... if someone told me to flip a coin to see if I would get a rose, I'd say "See ya... I'm outta here... going downstairs to play the slots."

I had the same thought Lexie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ashley said after they flipped the coin that she was only kidding. She would have kept him anyway. I think she was just teasing him a little more, seeing how far she could carry the joke.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, it doesn't matter. If it was me, I would have been out of there !!!

ETA: I know she said she would have given him the rose anyway, I just hated the Las Vegas dates.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The wedding charade wouldn't bother me at all. However, I was shocked when she suggested flipping a coin for the rose. That would bother me even though she said she was only kidding.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Glad to get your perspective on it Jimmer. I was M.O.R.T.I.F.I.E.D.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think if the table had been turned and a guy suggested flipping a coin to her, I don't think she would have thought it so cute. The coin flipping thing throughout the date was lame as well, and he was a good sport about it. But to suggest giving a rose over a coin flip, even only joking -- I think she would have been very put off by it. If she wants the guys to take the rose very seriously, she should treat it the same way. I get the sense she likes to toy with them over the rose. She'll talk like she's going to give it to them, and then say "BUT..." like she's not going to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought it was sort of crass and uncaring when she did the coin flip for the rose (or for the date, actually).

I guess someone with her "sense of humor" wouldn't be on my list of potential mates, or even friends.

Yes, toying.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Ashley said after they flipped the coin that she was only kidding. She would have kept him anyway. I think she was just teasing him a little more, seeing how far she could carry the joke.

I thought he asked if he could keep the coin and she said she was going to give it to him anyway... I didn't hear her say she was goign to keep him anyway.

Had I been him, I would have been insulted that she was leaving the rose up to a coin toss.

But seeing that Colbie Caillat was waiting for in the wings... it would have been great if the coin toss had ended up "tails".

Also, later when JP questioned her about the coin toss, she said, "But just couldn't decide" <-- what a way to make him feel special.

Now forgetting how rude it was to the guys... I, as a viewer, got bored watching al the coin tossing.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought she said she was going to give him the rose anyway too.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear him ask for the coin.

I thought Ashley said she was going to give him the ROSE anyhow.

What she did was not very funny.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She did say she was going to give him the rose regardless of the coin toss.

Just. So. Not. Funny.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I almost didn't record this season.I don't need a t.v. to know that "he's here for the wrong reasons," "I'm really putting myself out there," "I'm ready to take the leap," and "I think he could be the one" will be the dialogue again, just different faces. I really have a hard time making it through 2 hours. Why oh why do I keep watching? Ashley's nervous giggle is so annoying. Gosh, negative Nellie here.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I haven't noticed Ashley's annoying giggle--but now I will! The coin flipping was definitely tedious. I think it might have been one of those running jokes you do with another person that's hysterically funny to the people in on the joke, but not funny to anyone else. Hubby and I have a lot of those little things we find hilarious, but nobody else gets.

Is it just me or is Ames setting off anyone else's gaydar?

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, June 03, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Ashley's giggling gets on my nerves and while I can understand her excitement with everything that's going on,the constant jumping up and down like a school kid comes off as so immature.

Most of the time it feels like I'm watching a teenager go on these dates instead of a grown woman.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Ashley's giggling gets on my nerves and while I can understand her excitement with everything that's going on,the constant jumping up and down like a school kid comes off as so immature.

Most of the time it feels like I'm watching a teenager go on these dates instead of a grown woman.

Ann, I couldn't agree more. Ashley is an intelligent woman who actually has the ability to speak well and yet, so much of what we're seeing is giggling and cooing.

In Ashley's case, I'm chalking a lot of it up to nerves. Honestly, looking back at last season, I wasn't ever really sure Ashley was entirely comfortable with the process or the cameras. She certainly had insecurities, which ended up becoming an issue between her and Brad.

Just seems to me like she brought some of that insecurity with her into this season. She's talked about it, as has Chris Harrison.

Let's face it... Ashley is a sweetheart (she might actually be the first real sweetheart the show has had) -- she's cute and bright and high energy. Now, I'm not a man, but to me, Ashley is the cute, sweet, energetic girl next door, not a sexy, gorgeous, stunning woman. Even in her evening gowns, Ashley is lovely, but she doesn't read hot and sexy. And I think she knows that. Some of the guys in her group probably like cute and energetic, but some, like Bentley, were looking for hot and sexy Emily, and Ashley probably has that in the back of her mind.

I'm hoping the drama with Bentley tonight snaps her back to reality and she forgets abut the cameras and just comes out as herself. I hope, I hope, I hope...

Anyway, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt cause I just think she's in over her head and all she can do is giggle and hope nobody else notices.

Just my opinion...

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was listening to Howard Stern today, and he gets the Bachelorette eps early so he already saw tonight's ep. He described tonight's ep as "mind blowing".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wonder if tonight's the night she finds out what a snake Bentley is?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Naja, that is interesting. Thanks for posting that. It makes me look more forward to tonight's show.