TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through June 01, 2011 users admin

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
DH and I were watching last night and he remarked that the producers probably ran and grabbed a guy and shoved him down the stairs just in time to stop 'The Mask' from revealing himself. I think DH is right LOL

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
This show has become way too scripted and predictable. Bentley doesn't appear to be there to promote a business, a book, or music so obviously he's there to promote Bentley. I'm sure he made a deal the the producers to play the villain in exchange for face time. You can bet we will see him again on Bachelor Pad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I honestly believe that had Michelle not been so "batshit crazy" last season, the producers would have made her the next Bachelorette. I mean, seriously, she was stunningly beautiful. They probably didn't know when they cast her that she would be off-the-hook and were probably hoping she would make final-four so they could give her the next show.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Okay, here's what I don't understand. There have been guys in the past who have come on the show "not for the right reasons" and have left the show to face serious backlash from fans and women in general. Examples include Wes from Jillian's season and Justin Rego from Ali's season. So why would a guy like Bentley -- who isn't even as likeable as those other two guys -- think he would come out ahead post-show after all the awful things he's saying about Ashley? Maybe he thinks he's gonna head straight over to the Bachelor Pad after this? I'm just trying to figure out the logic of promoting yourself by making yourself out to be a villain on a TV show watched by millions of women?

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Jezzed, I agree! At least Wes and Rego were charming - whatever you think of them, they are definitely that. And after BP last summer, I really like Wes actually.

Bentley isn't charming at all. He openly admits to the camera he's a jerk. What does he think he's going to gain? And that poor daughter of his. Oh my gosh - seriously having to grow up with him as a male role model. Maybe he should think about how he wants HIS daughter to be treated by guys when she's Ashley's age and step off!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<<--- also liked Wes after BP.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison Blog - Episode 2

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Wow and Lexie... I actually still think Wes is a jerk, but I think he's a jerk who's learning how to act like less of a jerk when the cameras are around. That said, I thought his affection for Gia on BP was pretty cute. (-:

Now Bentley on the other hand -- guy clearly has a distorted view of himself, fueled by the fact that Ashley finds him attractive.

Looking forward to Bentley's exit. At least he'll give viewers an interesting episode before he slithers back into whatever hole he came out of.

Oh... and my fav guys so far this season... I think Ames is adorable.

I like that Jeff (mask guy) isn't letting the other guys get him down. After hearing him explain to Ashley about his illness, I think the mask actually makes a little more sense. He's a little too intense for me personally, but I appreciate his sincerity.

Was surprised to see that she let both Matt and Ryan M. go last night. Thought both were pretty cute compared to some others.

Just found a "deleted scene" video on ABC.com -- Jeff the mask talking with Bentley. Jeff is telling Bentley about his brain hemorrhage and how it affected him. All Bentley can say is..."that's intense." It's pretty revealing -- and it looks like Bentley is the first to see Jeff's face as Jeff then takes the mask off (producers blacked out the screen over his face). Interesting...

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I do understand the notion of getting to know him for who he is on the inside... but he seems to really be putting himself at a disadvantage here. This is a situation where it is important to get to know someone quickly and make the most of every moment. I don't think Ashley and ... is it Jeff?... will get the process going until the mask comes off. Every conversation is going to be about the mask, all her thoughts will be 'I wonder when this is coming off' it is all about the mask.

I think it would have been better to not do the silly mask, but be sure to have some good revealing conversations up front. Let her know who he is right away...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Maybe Bentley has some real charisma that we can't feel through the TV because she was practiclly begging him to stay. I felt so embarrassed for her! She's been warned and instead of playing cool to him, she begs him?

I'm glad they told us about the brain hemmorage - I think that helps explain why he seems so isolated, unable to fully interact with the other guys. I'm guessing she probably had a half-dozen guys she could have eliminated last night, so easy to cut 3 and keep the mask guy for good TV.

Funny to hear that Ames is adorable because I think there's something very odd looking about his face, like his eyes are set too far apart and his teeth look fake, like veneers. I just look at him and think 'I don't want those genes'. LOL.

Will was my favorite, but he was kind of being annoying later last night. I'm thinking he's just not mature enough and I'm sorry, but I don't like that he didn't go to college. Just call me a snob.

And yes, I don't really understand Bentley's motive, but I guess some people like being the villian. And let's face it, there are plenty of women out there that would go for that.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Funny to hear that Ames is adorable because I think there's something very odd looking about his face, like his eyes are set too far apart and his teeth look fake, like veneers. I just look at him and think 'I don't want those genes'. LOL.

LOL Brenda I had a similar reaction to his face at first. Then in the episode last night something about him grew on me. Right now I've got my money on Ames for the win.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ashley didn't annoy me so much on last night's ep.

I felt bad for her seeing those last few upcoming scenes with her crying. It looked like William is going to make a joke about coming there for Emily and that is going to upset her. (It looks like Bentley is going to say something to that effect too.)

And just when I was thinking what a good sport William was being not freaking out about "getting married" on a first date. (I realize there was no way that they were going to actually get married.) And then he goes on to say he wants to be a stand up comedian. Looks like he's not there "for the right reasons." I really want to give him the benefit of the doubt though.

But that is getting harder and harder to do...to give anyone on this show the benefit of the doubt ... which means (to me) that they are there to fall in love and get married.

Yep, I'm a sucker for a romantic fairytale. But more and more this really does seem scripted.

AllieT, I agree with your last post.

I hope all the money she gets makes up for that hurt that she is going to go through.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Kristin's lol recap

Episode 02 | Aired May 30, 2011
'The Bachelorette' recap: Heads you win, tails you cry
The emotional stakes are high as Ashley takes the men to Vegas and proceeds to gamble away her good sense
By Kristen Baldwin | Published May 31, 2011

"Week two already? Wow, time flies when you're making fun of people on TV. It's another gorgeous, sunny day in Bachelorette land, and Harrison welcomes the "men" to the living room for the standard group date, individual date, date rose rundown. (Shirt: slate blue. Cuffs: unbuttoned. Don't worry -- Harrison can pull it off.) I'm a little thrown off, however, because the men have no mimosas. The "ladies" ALWAYS get mimosas at the Date Card Drop Off. ..."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think I've got it now..

I had totally forgoten about Bachelor Pad.. so now Bachelor/ette have become the Real World to Bachelor Pad's the challenges.. so being on Bachelor or Bachelorette and being a total ass or outrageous just guarantees being asked onto Bachelor Pad.

booo

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it occurred to me last night that the 'powers that be' must not really care for Ashley very much. They could certainly edit it to where Bentley is still a jerk but she doesn't look so pathetic for all the things she is saying about him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She has let a lot of guys go who appeared to be sincerely interested in developing a relationship with her. Not good for her if she is sincere about it herself.

I liked William on the date and I don't think his lack of university education should be a factor. However, I didn't like his bragging after the date. Mickey was a nice surprise. Bentley is thoroughly unlikable. The guy in the mask seems to have a lot of issues.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Texannie -- good point about the editing. I agree.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But we don't know what they didn't show us.. perhaps she was even more pathetic.

And I agree with Jimmer that she may be so fixated, as was pointed out in the blogs, with stubbornly ignoring warnings, even from the host, and begging Bentley to stay and presenting him with first impression rose, that she isn't even considering some guys who may actually LIKE her. Maybe she is still in the mode of sabotaging things.. like when she got SO negative with Brad.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
he didn't get the first impression rose.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 4:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I must not be a romantic! lol

I failed to see any thing good about the fake wedding.

I wouldn't find dinner in the water romantic.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL i didn't think the fake wedding was supposed to be romantic. i loved it that he rolled with the joke.
i thought the water dinner was heaven!

also thought it interesting that they don't seem to be hiding the dates from the public very much

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I think it is hilarious that wherever Ashley goes, she has a fan club with cameras out there taking pictures. I wonder if TPTB put them out there so we the viewers will love Ashley as the Bachelorette as much as her "fan club."

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Lexie... I thought that same thing... There just happened to be a camera focused on the girls yelling "We love you Ashley" -- set up!

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Is anyone keeping count how many times Ashley says "awesome?". We could make it a drinking game... quite annoying! I don't like her (loud!) laugh either, but otherwise she's adorable & I hope she finds a good man:-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Hmm Ashley is from Maine originally? I think "Awesome" like "wicked good" are New England sayings.