TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Ashley - General Discussions: Archive through May 26, 2011 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why was it Ashley's responsibility to get the drunk guy out of there. The producers should have taken car of him.

" Masked Man, here's your hat, what's your hurry."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
@ Csnog. They deliberately wet the driveway. I keep waiting for one of these girls to slip and hurt herself wearing 6" stiletto shoes. Maybe when they get sued, they will quit wetting the driveway.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It photographs better that way. But I agree that it is dangerous (among the other risks of being on the show).

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
(among the other risks of being on the show).

Did you see her gown soaking up the water?

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Okay, my instinctive favorite was Ben F. the wine guy and JP, from NYC. I don't know why, but they were my favorites.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ginger, I liked JP, too. I also liked Ryan P., the one who got the first impression rose. But, for some reason, I had the thought that he could be gay.

I can't believe I am watching this train wreck again, too. I do prefer the bachelorette because I like all the guys, rather than the girls who get so catty.

I'm not crazy about Ashley. Didn't like her at all last season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Smokey, I was not an "Ashley" fan either last season. The only reason Chris Harrison constantly referred to her as "America's Sweetheart" last year was probably to brainwash us into thinking we would like her as the next Bachelorette.

But then again, I wasn't a big fan of Allie, but I thoroughly enjoyed her season and I like how she treated the men on her show. And I'm impressed that her and Roberto are still together. Personally, I think Allie has more to offer than Ashley - because the furthest SOUTH Ashley will move is MASSACHUSETTS !!!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ashley was a bit annoying for me last night. She seems nice and I like that she is friendly and upbeat, but I still found her irritating.

The guys mostly seem ok to me. I think this group of guys is better looking than previous seasons.

I think she must have had two gowns.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
@ Happymom... I also find Ashley extremely annoying. It amazed me that she made it to the Final Four in Brad's season. There is obviously something there that we aren't seeing.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I agree with what you said. And, I felt the same about Allie. I was pleasantly surprised to like her during her season. She is very genuine, IMO. Ashley is just someone I don't think I'd ever gravitate towards. I don't care for her personality at all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
@ Smokey - this may be the first time we've had a show where we've had a Bachelorette this annoying and most of the suitors are stalker-like creepy...

We might be able to salvage something out of this season, yet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought this was one of the best group of guys they have had in a long time. A lot of them, in my opinion, are cute, clean cut, smart, and well educated. Tim was a Hoot, but that was scripted the way he was noticed and put in the limo. And, he sells Wine and Spirits. I like JP, Ames, William, and the wine maker. Bentley is too smooth for my taste. Nobody can be that good looking and suave and a nice guy. He is there for the wrong reasons. She never should have given him a rose. Ryan P. is pretty hot, also.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Random thoughts:
The hairstylist had bad hair.

Chris Harrison looks like his hairline is further front than in the past.

Cozy is a very cute name for a little girl. She was very cute too. I wonder if Cozy is short for something.

I thought the conversation about the cupcake was cute. (And it was one of the few times Ashley wasn't annoying me.)

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I think she will keep Bentley around for a while and ultimately he will break her heart. She can't say she wasn't warned.

I saw Ashley on a couple of morning shows on Monday. In one of them they asked her if she was happy. Instead of saying something like "I found the man of my dreams" she said "I'm happy with my decision." This makes me think she chose no one.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Chris H's blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' season premiere
by Chris Harrison

"Welcome to a new season of The Bachelorette. It feels like we’ve been gone for a while, and it’s really good to be back. I hope you feel like your Monday night appointment is back. ... "

I actually do feel like my Mon. night appt. is back, lol!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Interesting that she got rid of both of the guys that picked her up.

Casting is May 26-June 26

From: http://casting.bachelor.warnerbros.com/web/castingdisplay/cd.jsp

These are the cities the Bachelor casting team will be coming to:

ATLANTA, GA
CHARLOTTE, NC
CHICAGO, IL
COLUMBUS, OH
DALLAS, TX
DENVER, CO
DETROIT, MI
FRESNO, CA
KANSAS CITY, KS
LINCOLN, NE
MINNEAPOLIS, MN
NASHVILLE, TN
NEW YORK, NY
ORLANDO, FL
SCOTTSDALE, AZ
SALT LAKE CITY, UT
SAN DIEGO, CA
SEATTLE, WA

(casting event location may change - check back for details!)

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
He said Cozy is short for Cozette

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ginger.

Here is one of my favorite things about the Bachelor/ette:

'The Bachelorette' season premiere recap: Eyes Wide Shut
Ashley meets drunks, freaks, and more nearly indistinguishable white guys -- and gives far too many the benefit of the doubt
By Kristen Baldwin | Published May 24, 2011

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh Happymom... that article is hilarious!! I love the "So let The Bachelorette: Chantal Said No begin." Does she write a blog every week?

Alliet

07-11-2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I commented to DH and DD that Chris' hair was darker this season. Dye job, no doubt.

The guy who got the FIR looks a lot like the guy who was Michael's husband on Queer As Folk (US).

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, she does :-).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, yes Alliet! I noticed that too. He's Hal Sparks partner! LOL! I won't be able to look at him without thinking that. BTW, the actor is now in Olive Garden commercials. Have you seen them?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Bentley's ex-wife has a web site with the pictures of them both together on it. I don't know if this is spoiling but her name is Suzette Nicole Davis and she sells headbands for little girls. You can google her.

Scarebaby

07-31-2005

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scarebaby a private message Print Post    
This is the first time I've ever watched The Bachelorette. Never seen The Bachelor either. But something compelled me to watch this first episode, and I can see myself getting into it. Not a huge fan of Ashley, but she seems simple and sweet (I don't know anything about last season, that everyone refers to). A couple of the fellas are pretty hot...the wine guy (Ben?) is my fav.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Welcome Scarebaby -- it's a fun trainwreck of a show!