TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad - Spoilers: Archive through March 11, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ashley may have been a bit wacky on one of the group dates early on (I'm sure alcohol was a contributing factor), but Ali wasn't so popular with a lot of people during Jake's season either, and look how well that turned out. You just never know.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
********************************* He did tell Emily he's falling in love with her. With all the others he just says he loves certain qualities about them. Tonight they finally showed a bond between Brad and Emily.
This date with Ashley is just painful and needs to end.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 28, 2011 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don't think that Ashley will be the next Bachelorette because It was just hinted at that she still hasn't finished school and she definitely will not get a rose tonight. They do not connect at all romantically.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't think Ashley has "that bachelorette look" but I don't make those decisions. If she is the next bachelorette tptb will fix her up a bit.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We also don't think Ashley has that next "bachelorette look". There's been a bit of speculation that Emily will be the next bachelorette which kind of begs the notion that Brad selects Chantal or maybe nobody again. Emily as a bachelorette seemed like a better idea a couple of shows ago but we're beginning to wonder about that with her understandable hesitancy with her daughter, etc.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think guys would come out of the woodwork for a chance to date Em (as Brad likes to call her). But I think for Ashely guys would come out of the woodwork to be on TV....there is a difference ;).

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
For some reason I believe he will pick Chontel whom is my favorite this season, maybe of all seasons...although I hope he doesn't. She deserves a really great guy and I REALLY REALLY think BADLY of Brad. Don't like him..AT ALL. Anybody else notice how he uses these words over and over again? Oh, and PLEASE DO!!!!

What is the deal with Emily's teeth? Dentures or huge veneers?

Ann

09-27-2005

Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
To be taken with a grain of salt, as this is from the In Touch magazine online site.

Bachelor Brad: Tricked by Emily’s Lies

With her traditional values, caring spirit and genteel, soft-spoken ways, Emily Maynard has won the heart of The Bachelor’s Brad Womack — and she’s so popular with viewers that, should she not receive the final rose on the show’s upcoming season finale, she’s said to be a shoo-in as the next Bachelorette. But as In Touch has learned, Emily may not be the person she portrays herself to be.

“Emily says she wants a ‘soft life.’ I think she wants a cushy life without having to work,” a source claims, adding that she’ll do anything to get that life — whether or not it’s dishonest. “The only reason she got on The Bachelor is that she smooth-talked everybody.”

In her heartfelt conversations with Brad, Emily comes across as a woman devastated by the loss of her “fiancé,” the late Ricky Hendrick, but in an exclusive interview, Ricky’s ex-fiancée, Cori Kurek, tells In Touch she thinks that Emily and Ricky were never actually engaged.

“After Ricky died and she found out she was pregnant, Emily wanted to have lunch with me, because she didn’t know him that well,” shares Cori, who was engaged to Ricky from 2002 to 2003. When the two broke off their engagement, Cori gave back Ricky’s ring. “I’m amazed at the details Emily excludes about her background,” says Cori of the 24-year-old’s portrayal on the show.

And Cori’s amazed at how “misleading” Emily has been on-screen. Others agree. After hearing of the pregnancy, the close source claims, Ricky’s family gave Emily Cori’s engagement ring to spare themselves the embarrassment that she had become pregnant out of wedlock, and to make it appear that wedding plans were on the horizon at the time of Ricky’s sudden death.

“They took Ricky’s ex-fiancée’s ring and put it on Emily’s finger,” the source explains, adding that Emily was seen wearing the $100,000 sparkler in the delivery room. “I think it was a staged, fake engagement.”

While Emily has described Ricky as her childhood sweetheart, Cori insists, “Ricky and I were together for a very long time and as far as I know, there was never any Emily in his life.”

For more on The Bachelor — including exclusive details on Emily Maynard’s past — pick up the new issue of In Touch, on stands now.

Permalink | Posted: March 2, 2011 |

In Touch Magazine

<added link>

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
There is a lot of squabbling on the internet over the tabloid posts - there are reports that Chantal is dating someone (who I believe I read was quite wealthy, and of course good looking - a picture of him was posted)

Also,, for me the shocking thing about Emily and Rick was her age - and his! Honestly they were next door neighbors and her family moved - she was 12! 12 when they got together!

Here's a c/p that says it very well
QUOTE:
hey met in 1999 when their families were building homes next door to each other. Emily is 24 now (had Ricki when she was 19, Ricki is 5 now), so in 1999 she was 12. Ricky was either 18 or 19. The story given here by someone who supposedly knows was that they talked a lot, formed an "easy friendship," and then continued to talk incessantly on the phone when Emily went back to WVA with her parents. One of my points was what does a young man his age have to talk about with a junior high school-age little girl? He should just have patted a girl her age on the head and sent her on her way. I'm sure she was very pretty ... but she was 12! And yes, even 15 or 16 is too young to be dating a man his age. As to what were her parents thinking, maybe the answer was, "Great! He's a Hendrick."

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Also along with that piece of poor Emily (do these people have any idea what they sign up for? Politicians have their lives picked apart - do reality tv contestants get that?)

anyway - it has been reported that Emily has spent a lot of time on the NASCAR circuit and dated Dale Earnhardt Jr, and others in the 5 years - and she hosted a reality show with a NASCAR theme, she has an agent, the Hendricks own the home she lives in, and her dd has a trust fund set up by them... so as one poster put it we are seriously being manipulated by MF and her sad story - however, it is a story that she is putting out there, unfortunately it just isnt holding up under the scrutiny of dates etc -

now dont get me wrong, I think what we have seen of Emily on TB is a truly nice girl, and I think early on (remember when Brad took her on that picnic early on?) the girls figured out there was something between Brad and Emily -

the WTA show Monday has the spoiler crowd saying the women are going to make Michelle cry and there will be some outtakes, but nothing earth shattering, just a hold while we wait for the week for the ratings week to start...

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, March 07, 2011 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Apparently from what I've read today, it sounds like a case of sour grapes by the previous girlfriend/fiance regarding Emily. Yes, they did meet in Key West when their parents were building vacation homes next-door to each other. Her family is from W. Virginia and to be building a vacation home down in Key West doesn't sound much like she would be looking for a sugar daddy. Rick (Ricky's father)is quoted as saying they knew each other forever and were engaged for about 6 mo. before Ricky died. Here's an article in a NASCAR magazine regarding the imminent birth of Ricki. EmilyandRicky

Long before I read the article quoted above, I had spent a good part of the afternoon looking at pictures on the Facebook page called, "Remembering Ricky Hendrick." Remembering Ricky

The other thing about the Style magazine article - one would think a magazine would have the proper spelling of a last name, i.e. Hendrick instead of HendrickS. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 07, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a nice article.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
My daughter's sister-in-law went to the taping of ATFR this afternoon. If she tells my daughter anything, I'll post. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
<<--- Anxiously awaiting any scoop Hypermom may have.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Hypermom - now that's a teaser!! PM me with details if need be!!

:-)

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
The only thing she posted so far: She saw Trista/Ryan, Molly/Jason, and Ali/Roberto and that the taping was long.

I know they have to sign a document saying they won't talk about it, but I'm hoping my daughter gets something out of her. lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Hypermom, invite your daughter and her sister-in-law over for lunch... and then come back here !!!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, that would be difficult. lol My daughter's SIL lives in CA. My daughter lives in WI. I'm in IL. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I sent a text to my daughter and asked her to text her SIL asking if Emily is F1 and if Chantal showed up yesterday.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They might have also announced who is next Bachelorette on the AFR show.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
No luck. She won't say anything because of what they had them sign. Sorry. :-(

So, now I'll be looking for her in the audience Monday night. lol

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, March 09, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
bummer..lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Even if the ex fiancee is exhibiting sour grapes, it sure looks like she was engaged to the guy so he and Emily probably weren't involved for some period of time there.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, March 11, 2011 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Perhaps it was in the time he was waiting for her to get old enough to date. Or ..maybe he wasn't waiting, but she got older and he saw her in a different way. I really don't know! LOL