TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Brad (Again.): Archive through March 15, 2011 users admin

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
WEll consider the show we see is highly edited.

We did see early on when Brad came to the house of women and singled Emily out for a Picnic - we did see at one of those beach places he told Emily to trust him - and he wasnt supposed to say...but... we did see how those things allowed emily to seperate herself away from the other women - in the edited TV show..

Chantal - we saw her give tongue to Brad in more than one one on one date - he gave her his shirt to wear, they had more than one overnight date -

When emily saw how invested Chantal was in that relationship and how Brad gave tongue - of course she had problems - so its understandable they broke up

(they planned on a wedding? at the ATR ceremony? Fleiss wants a happy ending!)

Now I like that Emily admited to her temper (it was hinted at in the tabloids, as was her TV hosting - )

What really really stood out to me - is Emily portrayed to Brad a character that needed "rescuing" or needed "protecting" When reality seems to be she is a single woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it - knows how to care for her child as a single mom - she didnt need nobody! But how many times did Brad AND HIS MOM say - Brad was going to be her protector?

They are to be on Jimmy Kimmel!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Very strange. How do you break up but still consider yourself engaged?? I was totally shocked that he chose Emily. I found her to be a plastic Barbie doll. And totally boring.
What he said to Chantel about his feelings for her during the show were sooo offensive, I can't blame her for crying. I think he is a nutcase, if that could be a word. I never saw Brad having fun with Emily, not like he did with Chantel.
I don't see these 2 making it down the aisle. And, Emily was so concerned about her daughter, yet she publicly gets engaged to a man that met her daughter for one day!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Emily talks about her fiancé who she lost in the plane crash in a very "romanticized way". She is only 24. She has a 6 year old daughter from a relationship with the love of her life from the time she was all of 14 years old. She did not have a real "adult" relationship with him. Only with his family. It all just feels so odd.
I am sure she is very reluctant to give up the security of this family she has been enmeshed in since she was a young girl.
I sure she has to analyze how her daughters family will feel about all this.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I liked Chantal so wanted her to "win", but gee, I'm so glad he didn't pick her now! I think his idea about a relationship is still off. And the temper thing is of concern as well. But Emily saying she wouldn't move to Austin also is a red flag to me. Why even accept a proposal if you won't move to be near him? How much chance does the relationship have if they are long distance? I don't see this one lasting.

Fredi

04-01-2008

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fredi a private message Print Post    
There is a big big differance in Emily having a temper and Brad having one. In the after show there were all kinds of warning signals that most women tend to ignore. Brad admitted his temper problems. This is a huge warning for Emily- especially with a daughter. She needs to clear out now. Brad is determined not to let that happen. Pretty scary if you ask me. I'm very surprised nobody else has picked up on this.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I picked up on it. After seeing how he acted when Emily asked him if he was really ready for a family, I thought he really was a self-centered dingbat who didn't understand parenting at all! To me, what she was asking was perfectly reasonable and nothing to get angry about. He seemed really socially stunted at other times, too. He never seemed to understand why the women would be scared and a bit reserved and wanted them not to hold anything back. Hello?!! You're dating all these other women and they should just throw caution to the wind?

Then when she said his family warned her about his temper, it was a big "Aha" for me. She said she had one too, but Brad showed his during the show when he should have been on his best behavior.

I think Emily looked fabulous compared to how she looked on the show. I loved her hair which looked far healthier and prettier with the shade and the length.

What I have to remind myself is, we see an edited version and a miniscue amount of interaction from what occurred during that time.

I hope things work out for them, whether it's together or not.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, his temper is a red flag! How he acted when she questioned him about parenting. Whew, _I_ would have been out that door so fast!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Actually, Brad would be Chantal's rebound from her divorce. From what I've read, the new guy is more of a fit for her....her age, lives in Seattle, comes from a wealthy family, has a normal job, etc. I hope it works for her.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Oh, and Chantal found out about the it not even being close between her and Emily by a friend of Brads that has posted the whole season on FORT. She reads there. That's why she asked him that tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OK.. without reading the thread, first reactions.. RUN, Brad, RUN! She is pretty scary (and it sounds like he might be as well, but some of her complaints.. she applied or was recruited but didn't she find out about the show and what it was like? And her whining about boring dates and falling asleep? Heck I was thinking that Chantal got date after date where her hair and makeup would be instantly ruined, all thrill and chill. She did say the best was the date that was rained out and they just hung out.

And the way he basically told her that she was kept until the end because she "deserved" to be there? I do believe way back she told him not to just keep her if it wasn't there.

I was struck that Brad was SO nervous on the last date with Emily, he was almost having a panic attack and seemed upset with how it went and then he was really sweating during the proposal too.

I almost think there has been so much hype about him not choosing someone the first time and how ready he is, etc., And tonight he seemed to be holding on like a bulldog to PROVE to <himself, family, us, Emily?> that it was real.

She got in some deep digs tonight, it seemed to me. Maybe he should just let her go.

I'm glad Chantal may have found someone.

Can't say I'm real interested in Bachelorette with Ashley H, but that is probably where they they are headed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 14, 2011 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Are they on Jimmy Kimmel or is it just the announcement about Bachelorette. ON mhy DVR is says "The Bachelorette" announcement.. not anything about The Bachelor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmy Kimmel is the best thing Bachelor-related this year!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And, as expected (once we knew he chose Emily and Chantal has a new relationship, Ashley Hebert is the new Bachelorette.

She was on Jimmy Kimmel.. she graduates dental school soon and has only had 5 real dates in the last four years. Guess she wasn't counting Brad.

Necie

09-07-2006

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Necie a private message Print Post    
The relationship seems really one sided to me. You can tell his feelings are much stronger for her than hers for him. Just sayin'.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think they both should run. They were not made for each other.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I don't think Brad is ready for a relationship yet. I think he and his therapist need to work on that anger issue....it was under the surface through much of the show for reasons that were silly (such as the girls who would not just "have fun with the process") I believe that was the main reason I was uncomfortable with him and felt red flags.

Yes, Emily got some digs in....but I think that is for self-protection. The last date showed that Brad is not easy to have hard conversations with. The sweating and deep discomfort....signs of lots going on underneath. When the cameras are on, he has to sit and listen in a safe environment.

Why should Emily move if there are major issues of concern? And why is there no talk of him moving to Charlotte? She has the child whose life would be disrupted with a move. Why does she have to be the one to do that?

I agree they should both run! And I think they will.

I was a bit confused about Chantal already being in a new relationship. Is that allowed prior to the end of the show airing? If you get involved in a new relationship, isn't that disclosing the winner? (Even if it is only to that one person?)

I wasn't a big Trista fan during the show but I really like her now. Have always adored Ryan!

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I have so many thoughts about Brad and Emily it's almost impossible to get through them all and summarized here. One theme that seems to be coming up in my mind is that Emily has, along with all her other emotional baggage, fallen victim to the editing of the show. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that it was fairly apparent, probably thanks to the producers/editors, that Brad and Chantal had an early and strong relationship. It's also now apparent that somewhat hidden from the viewers was that Emily and Brad connected early on. So here's Emily sitting at home trying to balance what she thought she experienced with what she's seeing on TV and no telling what her friends and family are saying to her. Her motherhood and devotion to her daughter notwithstanding we're talking about a 24-year old woman here and apparently a pretty strong-willed one at that.

Now let's throw Brad and his personality into the mix and we've got a bit of a mess. One theme that sticks out to me is that Brad is one of those guys who likes to say something once and then gets perturbed if the issue comes up again. Simple example, and highly summarized version, is "I'd love to be the father to your daughter." Then he gets questioned again "Are you sure?" Then we see him getting a bit put out with a response something along the lines of "I already told you I wanted to be a father."

So you get this younger woman with a desire and need for possibly fairly constant reinforcement and a guy who's not into constant reinforcement. I can tell you as a licensed marriage counselor that wading through these situations has been a large part of my practice over the years....sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was temper as much as frustration when Brad told her he wanted to be a father. I think he truly expected her to say 'that is fantastic..i want you to be her father' not question him. I think the air went out of his balloon.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Emily seemed like a totally different person in the After the Final Rose show.

Her voice wasn't as soft. Her body language (holding Brad's arm the whole time) didn't match the words she was saying.

Brad, once again, looked uncomfortable.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, I'm with you. I think Brad's frustration on the last date was because Emily couldn't take "yes" for an answer. He has repeatedly said he wanted to be Ricki's father. Seriously, what part of "yes" doesn't Emily understand.

Personally, I have always felt that Emily was way more "emotionally high maintenance" than Chantal.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Trainwreck alert! These two will never get married. I don't think she is really in love with him and I think he has become very frustrated thinking she was.

He picked the high maintenance person. Should be no surprise that things went the way they did.

Bachelor Jake picked high maintenance Vienna and it was never right after the show ended.
JMHO

Fredi

04-01-2008

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fredi a private message Print Post    
How was Vienna high maitenance? Anyway, I still am very fearful for Emily. There is lots of anger in Brad and she admitted to seeing it. This explains her behavior on the after show. The most dangerous thing is I don't see Brad letting her just walk away. This could end in tragedy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Brad will eventually give up. I agree with SeaMonkey that this determination to make it work is for the fans, cameras, his family, etc. Maybe even for himself and his therapist. But I think he'll soon realize this isn't meant to be and move on. He has a history of running, not of possessing women.

As for why should she move and not he? Well, those are the ground rules he put into place -- he basically asked each of the girls if they'd move to Austin and if they were unsure, out the door they seemed to go! If I were the Bachelorette, that would be my condition as well -- you move to me buddy because I've got roots and I'm not moving for you. LOL.

Brad's level of nervousness around Emily is a red flag to me as well. If you're going to marry someone and build a life, you should feel comfortable around them, not nervous.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also felt that Brad's sisters-in-law had a lot to do with his decision. They were obviously pushing for another member of the "Mommy and Me a/k/a family babysitter" Club.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just think Brad is chasing Emily because she is still the one that is just out of reach.

One thing that did become clear, he was thinking of taking Ashley to the final two and not Chantal. So if things hadn't gone whacky with her, it would have been her crying in the limo. I imagine that weighed on Chantal too, and added to the feeling that he was stringing her along, even tho she had asked him not to.