TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through June 07, 2008 users admin

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Andrew Firestone's proposal to Jen Schefft on ABC's dating show "The Bachelor" in 2003 was watched by millions and led to months of tabloid chatter afterward - until the couple broke up later that year.

Now Firestone is engaged again, his father and Santa Barbara County Supervisor Brooks Firestone, said Monday.

His son is engaged to model-actress Ivana Bozilovic, and they plan to marry in the spring, Firestone said.

"We love her," he said. "She makes Andrew behave."

Bozilovic, 30, has appeared in films including "Wedding Crashers" and "National Lampoon's Van Wilder."

Andrew Firestone, 32, manages the family's Paso Robles winery.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Ivana looks a lot like Jen. That must be his "type".

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
He's shipping out! US Magazine is reporting "Bachelor" Andy Baldwin is off to Iraq. Tie a yellow ribbon!

Baldwin's rep told the mag "He leaves in January." The 30-year-old good doc (and Navy Lieutenant) is currently stationed in Hawaii as "an undersea medical officer for a special operations dive unit," according to his website.

After his break-up with contestant Tessa Horst, something tells us he needs a pen pal.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
hmmmm intresting story on Mary (and guessing the victim was Byron)

http://omg.yahoo.com/former-bachelor-contestant-arrested/news/4263

SEMINOLE, Fla. - A former cheerleader for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who was proposed to on the reality TV show "The Bachelor" was accused of punching a man she lives with in the mouth, authorities said.

Mary Delgado was taken into custody just after midnight Wednesday on a battery charge and was under the influence of alcohol when she was arrested, according to a police affidavit.

Delgado received a proposal on the show in 2004 from professional bass fisherman Byron Velvick. The two appeared together Tuesday in a special episode of "The Bachelor" called "After the Final Rose."

The police affidavit does not name Delgado's fiance, but says the pair have lived together "as a family" for the last three years. According to sheriff officials, Delgado was released Wednesday afternoon.

She gave her name as Maribel Liliana Delgado. A telephone listing for the pair could not be found.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw that report and another which did mention Byron ..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I heard on the TV yesterday that Andy broke up with Tessa because he was going to Iraq. He said that it would be hard to maintain the budding relationship because of the situation. I don't know if this really is true, but thought I would pass it along.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! The train wreck is coming! The train wreck is coming!

Scrolling thru the thread above, I wonder whatever happened with Byron and Mary. Hmmmmm . . . inquiring minds need to know!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
"no marriages" == umm, what about Trista and Ryan (or is that "The Bachelorette"?? Sorry -- too many to keep straight these days! LOL)

Danzdol

04-21-2001

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Danzdol a private message Print Post    
Saw a blurb on US weekly about the new Bachelor who is from England. He seems quite cute. And here I was not wanting to watch it..grrrr the accent intrigues me!Gets me every time! He said they were still filming and that he was pleased with everything so far.

I found it odd they would film both the Bachelor and Bachelorette at the same time!

Did a search and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEg-9d4MXi0

Premieres March 17th

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, March 10, 2008 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
Okay saw the where are they now thing. Not surprised at some who are still single was very nice to see some of the girls who walked away heartbroken had found happiness.
I haven't watched for several seasons but London Calling is so tempting. Something dead sexy about a British accent yummmmmmmy

Danzdol

04-21-2001

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Danzdol a private message Print Post    
I hear ya! lol I have last night's taped. Will attempt to watch it today and comment later.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 14, 2008 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I started a thread for this season.. London Calling

here

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
regarding the where are they now show...the favorite/least favorite bachelor question.
i will agree about Lorenzo being the worst bachelor, but, there are many reasons to argue about Andy being the best.
In hind site, I like Aaron. He chose Helena.
I don't have 1st hand knowledge, but, I think he could have said a lot of stuff about her and her behavior after the show when all their drama was going on. He took it like a man and kept his mouth shut about her. He did not disparge her at all, on the reunion show from what i remember.
He was good looking and quite successful as being a bank manager and owner of a restaurant/bar. I did not dislike, Andy, just in hind site, he seems like such a cad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 17, 2008 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I liked Aaron. I was mortified that he chose Helene (I could never get past her laugh). I was a little surprised that Andy was the favorite - I thought it would have been Byron. I was a little surprised that there was no mention of Charlie (he was one of my faves).

Also, absolutely nothing about Meredith. I know she was knee-deep in planning her wedding with Ian when they broke up. I would have liked to seen what was up with Meredith and how she was doing.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Bachelor Bob is hosting a new house reality show called Date My House. I saw some roses in the preview, single long stems like they have on the bachelor.

From TLC.com :Date My House is a new television show on TLC that will be premiering on Saturday, April 5th at 8:30PM ET/PT. It is hosted by Bob Guiney, a former fourth season star from ABC’s The Bachelor TV show. Date My House is a new half hour episode home makeover reality show that will follow Bob Guiney as he works alongside a homeowner who is very eager to sell their home. The home owner will do whatever it takes to get the job done with the help of Guiney by their side.

With the design help of expert Nadia Geller, Guiney and the rest of the crew from Date My House will use their design and staging expertise to draw in interested buyers. They will add and change the decor in the home to make it more interesting to potential buyers. When the makeover has been completed, interested buyers will get more familiar with the house in a comfortable setting before a potential buyer will be chosen for the opportunity to get acquainted with the home better, by staying overnight with family and friends and even having a dinner party to get a good feel for the home. The potential buyer then will have to decide if the home is right for them later on in the show.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
they have combined Designed to Sell, Secrets that Sell, House Hunters and Sleep on It allinto one show with a tacky rose ceremony too! LOL
love how the commercials call him 'real estate expert, Bob Guinney' when did he become a real estate expert?

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
Former Bachelor Andy Baldwin and Marla Maples — a.k.a. the former Mrs. Donald Trump — have a “blooming romance,” the Naval officer tells PEOPLE.

“We met (last year) and I found her to be very sweet, positive,” he said of the 44-year-old Maples. “She’s polite and respectful and has a great heart.”

Although the two were spotted together in New York City over the holidays — prompting rumors of a love connection — Baldwin said their relationship didn’t became romantic until February, when he returned home from an overseas military mission.

Baldwin, who’s in his early 30s, is in the process of relocating from Hawaii to Washington, D.C., for a new job assignment. He’s currently vacationing in Los Angeles, where he’s been logging quality time with the California-based Maples.

The two have been spotted frolicking on the beach, attending a youth camp supported by their friend Deborah Gibson and arriving arm-in-arm at Monday’s Dancing with the Stars.

“It takes someone special for me to spend time away from my daughter (14-year-old Tiffany), because she’s my priority,” Maples told PEOPLE before the show. The two held hands through the evening, and spoke earnestly of their love connection.

“There’s a lot of sweet, cute people in the world, but it’s what’s in here,” Maples said, gesturing to Baldwin’s heart, “that counts.”

So is the age difference an obstacle? “She has the mind, body and energy of a 25-year-old,” insisted Baldwin. “When you have a connection with someone, age goes out the window.”

As for social worker Tessa Horst — to whom he proposed in the Bachelor finale — they called it quits last September. “I definitely care for her a great deal,” said Baldwin, who added that they have kept in touch. “I have no regrets about that experience or the relationship that we had.” — Elaine Aradillas

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Andy and Marla?!

Re: Bob and his date my house show...I liked the show ok. (I like all those home shows.) Bob wasn't too bad. The thing that really bugged me was when he would say Date My House or anything like that. I am sure the producers tell him to do that, it just sounds so wrong to me. I wish they had shown more of the actual work on the house too instead of a party.

Maybe this is more for another thread. My main point here was that Bob was ok. He bugged me when he was the Bachelor.

Highlighter

09-03-2003

Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Highlighter a private message Print Post    
I saw the Austin bachelor at the Saturday night Final Four game (semi-final). He was just a few rows in front of us, with a girl (not one I recognized). The Final Four was just an hour south of Austin. It looked like maybe a so-so date- I didn't see any kissing or hand holding, nor did they get really into the game like some of us (cough cough) who were there to root on our alma maters..... Nor was he there for the Final game, which was Monday night.

Nothing major, but I was excited nonetheless. I have never seen anyone famous before, and I saw several people that night (hmmm, Jessie Jackson, or a BACHELOR.....which one is a more significant sighting?)

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
I was on a plane with Jesse Jackson once from Chicago to D.C., 20+ years ago. My parents said that he waited and waited for me and my sis to get out of the bathroom, and finally gave up and went to first class

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
ROFL! That is hilarious, Sharinia!

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
after making him hold his pee, I decided against bugging him for an autograph

Jbean

01-05-2002

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbean a private message Print Post    
Lol, I live in the same city as Aaron Buerge (season 2), and last night on our local news they did a segment on former reality stars, and he was one of them.

Basically he just said he came right back home when he was done, he has/had no desire to move away, and he is dating a girl from here now. Not much else. Oh, he did get promoted to manager at the bank he worked at (the name escapes me right now). Also he has a restaurant that he is part owner of called Trolley's. (I've been there a few times, it's ok) and there is also one in Overland Park, KS. They are actually going to have a casting call for the Bachelor at that location in Kansas.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
vh1 is showing reruns of the old shows. I saw a minute of one of the Jesse episodes the other day.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
anyone been watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette marathon on VH1?
the one thing that has really struck me about the earlier shows is how much time they got to spend with each other and how natural and normal the conversations were. it wasn't so much of 'do you have a connection with me???' constantly being asked.