TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2007

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through September 28, 2007 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just thought I'd add that the 49ers have signed Jesse What-Was-His-Last-Name? The football player one a few seasons back who picked the two identical blonds and then went for the younger, gigglier one. {sigh} I miss Joe Montana!

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
Jessie Palmer

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
If the new Bachelor is to be Jan, 06, shouldn't they be filming it now?

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, November 11, 2005 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelor/

CASTING NOW: DEADLINE IS AUGUST 15

OOO-LA-LA! THE BACHELOR GOES TO PARIS!

The most romantic city in the world plays host to the eighth edition of ABC's popular romance reality series -- and the search is on for the next Bachelor and his bevy of Bachelorettes!

From the magnificent view from of the Eiffel Tower to strolling down the breathtaking Champs Elysées to the historic Arc de Triomphe, Paris -- the City of Light -- will be the exciting new location for the eighth edition of The Bachelor - the first time the series has been set outside of the United States.

The Bachelor in Paris will romance 25 beautiful Bachelorettes. The Bachelor's new playground offers numerous seductive possibilities with vast scenic panoramas, intimate bistros and mysteries lurking around every corner and side street.

And the search is starting now! This season the producers are looking for the man of every woman's dreams: a handsome, ambitious, charming, successful guy who is looking to settle down. Do you have the charm, style, class and culture to be our next star? If so, click to APPLY NOW! .
-----------------
This is from 2005. (I actually clicked on links to make sure! They all kind of run together in my mind sometimes.) So, I guess we will see another Bachelor season. I thought this show was never to be again.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2005 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I sure hope they finished filming this before the violence erupted in Paris. Terrible, terrible scene happening there!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
ick, a baby bobo....
i was hoping this show was done and they'd find something good to fill that hour each week. something more exciting, such as "a guide to clipping your toenails so they don't become ingrown" or "when to leave in a rinse-out conditioner", or "how i managed to fit two weeks of garbage in my trashcan when i forgot to put the trash out on the curb the first week".

Buggles

09-07-2002

Friday, March 10, 2006 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buggles a private message Print Post    
Hey, I don't know if anyone reads here, but I thought it might be fun to see how some of us would rank all of the bachelors (from fave to least fave). Here's mine:

Charlie
Byron
Travis
Alex
Jesse
Bob
Andrew
Aaron

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
well, i didn't see all of them because ABC sucks so often...but i did see some of them. and i'd put byron near the top and bob at the bottom, i mean below what even shows...what buggles has is pretty much the same as far as top and bottom guys, but bob was the worst ever. uck. barf.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tell us how you really feel, Tabby! (FWIW, I agree with you!)

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
I'll do this one Buggles.This would be my order:

Charlie
Travis
Byron
Andrew
Jesse
Aaron
Alex
Bob

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Ok, here we go:
Byron
Travis
Andrew
Charlie
Aaron
Alex
Bob
Jesse

I saw Byron again on some bass show...still no ring...I'm assuming he and Mary are no longer together. Has anyone heard anything about them?

Landi

07-29-2002

Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landi a private message Print Post    
they did a feature on them on this year's bachelor. they're getting married this fall. and they are totally together.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
and that makes me happy. i really thought each of them was a great person. hoping to hear of babies not too long after the wedding. i know mary was feeling her biological clock ticking, and not in the obnoxious way of female doc!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
and jesse palmer did not play one game with the 49ers. is he even still with them?

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Monday, January 15, 2007 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
JEN Schefft says she was ready to flee from in front of a national TV audience when Andrew Firestone gave her a final rose on the third season of "The Bachelor" and she agreed to marry him. "My initial gut reaction wasn't 'Woo-hoo,' it was 'Whoa.' It was panic," Schefft writes in her new relationship-advice book, "Better Single Than Sorry," out next week. " 'Screw you,' I told my gut. 'This is what I want' . . . I wrote off my first response as a crazy moment." She now knows she should have listened to her "built-in radar," which she says all women have. After following Firestone to San Francisco, she broke their engagement a few months later.

Highlighter

09-03-2003

Friday, February 23, 2007 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Highlighter a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about a list of the worst bachelors, and I realized that I couldn't think of a single one that I really thought much of, other than the ones who ended up staying with their woman (um, short list, Byron......). What does this show say about men? Or does it? You know what ABC should do is a REAL "women tell all" show, no holding back. No "nicey nicey" so that we still care at the Rose Ceremony. The real scoop on the Bachelors who turned out to be such losers in the end.

Realurker

08-10-2004

Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Realurker a private message Print Post    
I just saw Mary & Byron both broadcasting for the Bassmaster Classic today--they may still be together

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, February 24, 2007 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about them too. The most recent thing I found was dated Sept. 21, 2006, a blurb about them still being engaged in the St. Pete Times newspaper (Florida). I went to his website but it doesn't look like it's been updated since maybe 2003. (There is a gorgeous photo of him on the home page.) However, it does say he is engaged to Mary (and maybe that happened later than 2003, I cannot remember and it doesn't matter anyway...)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, February 25, 2007 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I know this show becomes a bigger train wreck each season. I still watch & am wandering if there is another season scheduled. Anybody know?

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, February 26, 2007 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
well the Bachelor did bring together Bob and his wife lol Rebecca hosted the ABC family repeats of his season of the Bachelor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was watching some show on Fox Reality TV and they were interviewing various people, one of which was the host of the Bachelor/Bachelorette series and the interview was obviously prior to the end of the latest season as far as airing the episodes went, but he was very enthused about the season, Andy Baldwin and the proposal. He said that for both Trista and for Andy, they ended up with two choices and one choice was a draw to their heart/wild side.. like Trista was drawn to Charlie for the good times, the California scene, but then there was the other guy, solid, long term and they really thought she'd go the other way but she went the "right" way and the results have been, lasting, the marriage, etc.

He said we'd see Andy making basically the same choice and the host says he thinks he made the right, long term choice.

He said Prince Borghese was horrible, the worst bachelor ever. Said being in Italy was the only saving grace of that season. Apparently the guy was a total bore.

And he said with Jen Schefft.. they all felt so bad for her when Andy Firestone broke up with her, but THEN she became the Bachelorette and the host says he spends lots of time with these people and she was just so boring.. said after many hours with her there was nothing to know and he realized that Andrew had escaped being bored to death! Said her season was horrible, no choice, etc. Said Trista's was the only decent Bachelorette season.

The interview was interesting, he really said what he thought :-)

Julip

09-28-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julip a private message Print Post    
Sea - I saw that Chris Harrison interview, too, and enjoyed it a lot. There was another interview with him that was very insightful into the show as well. He is very candid in his interviews, and there is certainly no love lost between him and Jen Sheft lol.

I haven't been keeping up with these boards too much, so this may have already been mentioned - but in the other interview I saw with him, he mentioned that although the bachelor chooses who stays and who goes, it is the producers that decide the order in which the roses are given.

Julip

09-28-2005

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julip a private message Print Post    
Both interviews are several weeks old, but for those of you that may have missed them, here are the links, posted at Jokers:

Chris H. interview #1

#2 (Reality Remix)

Sorry again if this is old info.

Sherbabe

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2007 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sherbabe a private message Print Post    
Curses! There's another "Bachelor" breakup! In Touch is reporting Charlie O'Connell (brother of Mr. Romijn, Jerry) and his nurse-lady, Sarah Brice, have hit Splitsville after two years together. A lifetime in reality TV show hookup years!

"We split a few months ago -- it was a clean breakup, nothing out of control," Sarah told the mag. "I definitely thought I'd spend the rest of my life with him -- I think we both did -- but there were some things between us that we couldn't resolve." Maybe the fact that they met on a TV show?!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 28, 2007 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That's a shame. Charlie was one of my favorite bachelors.