TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2005

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through October 29, 2005 users admin

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ABC's 'The Bachelor' franchise to return, but not until January 2006

By Steve Rogers, 05/17/2005

ABC announced today that its fading The Bachelor reality franchise will not be part of its Fall 2005 primetime schedule, but in a somewhat surprising move, the series will return in January 2006 after Monday Night Football wraps up its thirty-fifth and final year on the network.

ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson made The Bachelor announcement as part of his unveiling of the network's 2005-2006 primetime schedule, which in addition to The Bachelor's return, will feature a surprising number of scheduling changes for a network that just completed one of the biggest single season turnarounds in television history.

Hoping that a few months off will rejuvenate the sagging ratings of the long-running reality dating series, ABC will take advantage of the fact that Monday Night Football will occupy The Bachelor's recent Mondays at 9PM ET/PT time period to give the series a few months off. Largely devoid of hit series prior to this season's surprising Desperate Housewives/Lost/Extreme Makeover: Home Edition-fueled resurgence, ABC took ratings where it could get them, with the then struggling network airing three The Bachelor and The Bachelorette editions (back then, one of its few hits) during each of the last three primetime television seasons. Thinking that the show's ratings drop may have been a result of what it now suspects, in hindsight, might have been an overexposure of the series (are you listening NBC?), ABC is hoping that delaying the show's return until midseason will revive its ratings.

In sixteen episodes broadcast prior to Monday's The Bachelor 7 season finale, the show's two most recent editions have averaged 8.39 million viewers, placing the program 70th in the 2004-2005 primetime television viewership rankings -- a far cry from the all-time franchise high of 25.9 million viewers that the finale broadcast of Fall 2002's The Bachelor 2 edition averaged.

However, when The Bachelor returns, it won't be to either the Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT time period that it aired in through last fall's The Bachelor 6 (the network's Survivor-inspired Lost hit will be moving into that slot, booting Alias to the Thursdays at 8PM death slot versus Survivor) or the Mondays at 9PM ET/PT time period in which the franchise's two most recent The Bachelorette 3 and the just-concluded The Bachelor 7 aired.

Instead, The Bachelor will air on Mondays at 8PM ET/PT, where, having replaced ABC's Wife Swap series that will air in the timeslot throughout the fall football season, it will launch a whole night of beautiful single people television. Following The Bachelor on ABC's new Monday night lineup (ending a thirty-five year run, MNF will move over to ABC sibling ESPN in 2006, giving the network its first chance since the Eisenhower administration to build a year round Monday night lineup) will be Heather Graham's new Emily's Reasons Why Not sitcom, John Stamos' returning Jake In Charge sitcom (another surprising ABC renewal), and What About Brian, a new drama from Lost and Alias producer J.J. Abrams that will star Barry Watson.

The Bachelor won't be the only ABC reality show moving around the network's schedule. Having become a ratings hit in its second season, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition won't be moving out of its Sundays at 8PM ET/PT time period, however in addition to Wife Swap's move, the network's Supernanny series will also be moving to the Fridays at 8PM ET/PT time period beginning this fall.

ABC has also cancelled its two other Extreme Makeover shows, Home Edition spinoff Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - How'd They Do That? and Extreme Makeover, the original plastic surgery makeover show that spawned Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

In addition to The Bachelor, Emily, Jake, and Brian, ABC already has Life Than Perfect and five other new series scheduled for broadcast as part of its midseason schedule. Among them will be Miracle Workers, a previously announced "feel good" reality series that will feature an elite "dream team" of physicians who embrace revolutionary medical treatments to help patients with serious medical

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3507

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Quote:

" . . . ending a thirty-five year run, MNF will move over to ABC sibling ESPN in 2006, giving the network its first chance since the Eisenhower administration to build a year round Monday night lineup . . ."

What history book are they using here? Last I checked, Richard Nixon was President in 1970 when MNF first went on the air. Eisenhower left office on January 20, 1961, when President Kennedy was sworn in. Nice research, Reality TV World (maybe this person should be on Jay Walking?).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So what that article is saying (in 10 words or less) is that "The Bachelor is going to stay on Mondays, but an hour earlier?" (Okay - 11 words).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And not until after football, but nice summary Lexie!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 23, 2005 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lexie thinks that Steve Rogers dude gets paid "by the word" when he writes an article...

Fruitbat

08-07-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fruitbat a private message Print Post    
Good one Lexie. I also suspect he gets a bonus for long parenthetical phrases and using two in one sentence.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Being a tennis fan, I've been watching the French Open coverage on ESPN2 (and probably on ESPN.. I just set the DVR and don't pay attention after that) and early in the week much of the coverage was live and in the middle of my night.. anyway three times who did I see on the show just prior to the tennis? Bachelor Byron, as advertised, co-hosting a bass-fishing show!! They first time it was like "where have I SEEN this guy?" Then it clicked in.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, June 24, 2005 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Jerry Ferris from the last Bachelorette is back in our local news. He's going to be the "celebrity guest" or whatever for a fund-raising weekend to benefit the deaf. Below is what was in our paper today:

Ferris Weekend to aid deaf people

Jerry Ferris, the Brockport Native who was selected - then rejected - on ABC's The Bachelorette earlier this year will be returning to the Rochester area next month to raise awareness and money for the local deaf community.
The Jerry Ferris Weekend includes craftmaking with children, a public happy hour at the National Technical Institue for the Deaf on July22, and a golf tournament and dnner July 23 at Brockport Country Club.
Tickets for the golf and dinner aare #85; dinner only is $40.
Proceeds will be donated to Rochester School for the Deaf. Ferris, 29, an art gallery director living in Los Angeles, is the son of deaf parents.
His mother, Paula, lives in the town of Sweden; his father died in a car accident in 1991. To register, visit A Touch Of Excellence or call (585) 739-2100.
Democrat And Chronicle

Here's a link to more info about the event. Hmmmmmm......... I just might drag my DD along to the happy hour and take a peak at the hottie! LOL
Scroll down to the second event. Jerry Event

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
no more bachelor! no more bachelor!

Highlighter

09-03-2003

Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Highlighter a private message Print Post    
http://www.gossiplist.com/blog2/archives/005773.html

"lori_gossip.jpg

Is Jerry from 'The Bachelorette' a fame ? It seems so. When he worked at HArry Winston NYC, he flirted with Lori who was then on 'The Real World' and got a nice amount of camera time. Lori from 'The Real World New York' posted on the front of her site:

'Yes, that is Jerry the Harry Winston doorman from my show. I know. Good luck to him. Cheese ball. Really over his girlfriend in New York. Charming, but not genuine. Hope he finally makes something of himself so he can stop attaching himself to reality chicks.'

Posted by inthestars at January 23, 2005 01:01 AM"

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
That stuff was posted awhile ago.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I met Jerry last night and he is the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet and he is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! He's really down-to-earth, super friendly, no airs about him..... I can't say enough nice things about him. He is just SO NICE and he didn't just stick talking to the hot women who were there to see him, he spent a lot of time with everyone. He was cutest with the older women who were just crazy about him. This one lady in her 70s was a riot with him and he with her. It was a nice relaxed situation and we spent way more time with him than I ever thought we would. My DD is going to L.A. next week to visit my nephew and he gave her his email addy after she asked him if he wanted to have coffee with her while she was there. First he teased her and asked if I was going to be there since he didn't know if she would be much fun w/o me. She told him her cousin is friendly like I am. LOL Man.....If only I were like 20 yrs younger!!!!!! :-) We took pictures w/a regular camera and I did take a couple with my cell phone camera but for some reason, they have not shown up at my email account. If they do, I'll post them. Anyway.....the guy is just a regular nice guy and for someone who looks like him..... yow.... he has no airs about him. He's a sweetie.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Ok...here's the pic... It was taken with my cam/phone so it's not great quality, but it's still a pic! :-)

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Great story Watching!

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Watching, you're SO lucky!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Yep.... and I was so happy to see he's just as nice as I thought he would be! Plus, what's really awesome is I have something to bribe my DD with since it was my idea to go to the fund raiser and he was even balking at times because of work. After she was so thrilled with meeting Jerry and finding he was not only hot but nice AND that he spent so much time with us, AND that she might meet up with him in LA ......I'm getting things from her she said NO about just a day before. LOLOL I love it!!!! She talked to my nephew and he is thrilled that she met him and they might have coffee with him since he's been getting some small acting gigs (in addition to working 2-3 other jobs!) and he's thrilled to meet someone whose had some exposure. He was like, "Score!!!!! My cousin in SO COOL. She isn't even out here yet and has made connections in LA!" LOL

Another funny bit - he got a zit on his face and here he is with so many people taking pictures of him so he's telling us about it and my DD says.....yeah... her face starting breaking out.... and he tells us... his back is all broken out....so they're calling each other zit face.. it was so funny! So may people thought they would be nervous talking to him, but he's just so approachable and so average acting for a guy who is sooooo totally hot! I'm really happy people were wrong about him being sqeeezy or whatever they said about him! Oh..and his mother is a total sweetheart!! She reads lips really well and I talk so much with my hands and I know a few signs that after a while, I think she thought my DD and I both were fluid and was signing and not speaking, but we could kind of tell what she was talking about!!! She's just sooo proud of him. His brother and sister were also there along with spouses and his sister is far more attractive in person than she looked on TV. My nephew wants my DD to move out there when she graduates from college next yr and Jerry was telling us that LA is not like Rochester where people are friendly. He said people are sort of cold and it took him 2 yrs to actually meet a nice group of people.

He also said he's still close with Wendell and he was close with the Ryan who was from Manhatten Beach and the Ryan from NYC who they called "black Ryan." I think he said that Ryan is moving out there. The one thing I forgot to ask him about was Ian. I would have loved to have found out the scoop about him. I asked him about whether he sees Lisa Donohue out there and he said all the time - they get invited to the same things and I told him I had watched her win BB with her mother, brother, cousins & fans. Then he joked about how he's supposed to be this "reality chick" dater... and that's so far from the truth. LOL Mostly we talked about other things, which was totally cool. Call me crazy, but it almost seemed like he gravitated toward us after a while because we hung back and didn't fuss over him or go for the questions about the show all that much and it almost felt like we knew him for a long time and he'd come and stand with us to get a break from having to be "on." He's not way OUT THERE.... like the DJ from the local radio channel was. He's just really soft spoken and gee.....am I gushing or what? LMAO

Watching2

07-07-2001

Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Well, I tried to edit my typos and ramblings, but now you only have 5 min. to edit and I took too long, but I think you can catch my drift! :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watching, I think you're in love!!!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Bbjm - I'm tellin ya hon, if I was 20 yrs younger AND single...... oh baby!!!!!!!! What a catch that man is! LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, to be young again! {sigh}

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Ok, my DD is now in LA with her cousin and I just checked her email and Jerry DID email her back about getting together for coffee while she's there! That was in response to the email she sent the day after we all met and she emailed him her cell # right before she left saying she wasn't sure if she'd be checking email while there. He's probably got a bunch of other emails in between the two, but I left her a message on her cell that he wrote back so I'm sure she'll be checking it now! I also sent it to my nephew before I thought of leaving her a message... DUH! LOL

Ok...... I think I hate her! LOL.. well not really. I just want to BE HER right now! LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, July 30, 2005 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Watch, sounds like you're having a great time living vicariously! Keep us updated . . . so we can, too!

Highlighter

09-03-2003

Friday, October 21, 2005 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Highlighter a private message Print Post    
Ewwww. From the AMC board: Bob and his wife (who is an actress on All My Children) are expecting. I'm sorry. Can't. Stand. Bob. Though I guess I should be impressed that they're still together. It just seemed too much like he was "moving up" by hooking up with an actress after dumping someone he was supposedly dating...

Survivoraddict

09-02-2005

Friday, October 28, 2005 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Survivoraddict a private message Print Post    
It'll be interesting to see if they write her pregnancy into the script, then the baby can take after his parents.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
No, they are not. Rebecca is supposed to be leaving the show soon.