TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Golden Bachelor

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Golden Bachelor users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through October 02, 2023Naja25 10-02-23  3:58 pm
Archive through October 21, 2023Seamonkey25 10-21-23  6:24 pm
Archive through November 10, 2023Seamonkey25 11-10-23  8:08 pm
Archive through December 08, 2023Karuuna25 12-08-23  9:50 pm
Archive through April 12, 2024Kookliebird25 04-12-24  8:47 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That was what I had guessed. Didn't they discuss living arrangements before the wedding?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised. I was never fond of Mr. Golden Bachelor.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Gerry and Theresa did not capture my heart.

Theresa looked different on the Bachelor finale.

I have stopped the Amazing Race and Survivor but I will keep watching the dating shows and Big Brother.

I cannot believe that at age 80, I am watching dating shows.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought they had discussed living arrangements, but when push came to shove, I suspect they both didn’t want to move.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
When neither Theresa nor Jerry moved to be together...I figured they wouldn't last. For me, this is the basic flaw in a Golden B/B franchise. At that age, people want to be near their family and friends. I don't imagine one would be of very solid character if they, all of a sudden, chose to move away from their kids, grandchildren, friends...for someone they have spent a total of maybe 10 hours together, on a reality show. Most people in their 70s, like to keep somewhat familiar surroundings. It would probably be more successful if they chose contestants that live within a certain radius of the B/B. Geographically desirable contestants would fare better in this age group, rather than searching for the most beautiful, successful, witty, reality star like ones, that they are currently choosing

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She’s also still working.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Since, exactly! They could recruit women or men who live in the area where the main character lives, or want to relocate to that area to be near their kids and grandkids. That is a common move.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2024 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They will be on Night line tonight on ABC, Just saw a promo for it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 13, 2024 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I watched them on Good Morning America. Although I must say...I always have been suspicious about the two of them. I just felt like he changed his mind so fast at the end...right about the time he found out that Theresa was very well off...and yes, still working. I might be totally making all this up in my head...but I feel like he didn't choose for love. And what the heck, THREE months after they got married? Makes me think something is up.

But they still need to make sure the people they pick are closer by. Then there is the fact, they could probably do quite a few seasons of The Golden Bachelor. There are more single women than men. I am interested in what they scrape up for men for The Golden Bachelorette. It will be fascinating. They might well, have to gather them from other countries lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2024 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There fewer elder men and those are more likely to be married or remarried, but they are out there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2024 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is also suspect that they played together through the Bachelor finale.. Maybe they had to. They did have a pre nup. Never lived together. The ring goes back. They still claim to love each other.

They mentioned her job, her daughters and grandkids, his daughters and grandkids and he has his father still nearby.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2024 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's just so ridiculous that they rushed into a TV wedding. They should have more sense than that at this age! LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2024 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.. they also had both families on some game show.. maybe family feud? And were featured on Bachelor finale.. makes them sound pretty thirsty for "fame" and tv time? But they didn't stick it out long enough for DWTS

He claims he is still open to finding someone (local, I guess) and I don't remember her reaction.. maybe all of them who went on the show and came off looking good have a better chance of finding their local person. But the outcome for Golden Bachelor was pretty sad.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Sunday, April 14, 2024 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I thought he would be good with the other one.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Lame excuse,If they really wanted it to work they could. Just keep their homes and every quarter live at the other ones house. Simple solution.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Heck, for me, no way would I want to shuttle back and forth between homes in my 70s and 80s (and hopefully 90s) lol To be bouncing around to everyone's Birthdays and holidays etc....no thank you. At that point, would rather be single sitting in front of my cozy fireplace with a good book, a hot chocolate and my pets in my lap and my loved ones and friends nearby. But that's just me probably.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m only 62 and if something happened to my husband I’m not the least bit interested in finding another man. I’d be more than content living my own life but obviously they wanted a mate to share their days with because they signed up for it. Just weird, I guess they got caught up with the cameras and the honeymoon in Italy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 15, 2024 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My SIL is one who has never lived on her own her entire life. She went from her parent’s house to marriage with my brother for nearly 50 years. When my brother passed in August 2022, my sisters and I had no doubt that she would marry again… probably someone with money (meow). She now has a boyfriend. As one of my sisters said, she understands that my SIL doesn’t to be alone, but it’s hard to see her with someone other than my brother. I think that some people just can’t be by themselves after their spouse passes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, April 16, 2024 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes true. It’s mostly men that don’t want to be alone. I know a woman who is 83 who has seen 3-4 husbands in the grave, I hear she has a new “ boyfriend”. No thanks.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Most of the past BB Nation are really upset at Theresa and Jerry...lol They do not accept that they only gave it 3 months. Obviously they were probably having problems before they even got married, in order to throw in the towel publicly, so soon. But I imagine that at their age...they didn't want to drag it out any further. Wonder how this will affect the BB franchise going forward. I'm sure this has put a damper on it. Tyler Cameron said this has put a dark smudge on the BB franchise. Just one of the many comments. I feel a little bad for Theresa and Jerry lol

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, April 18, 2024 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Which is why he should have picked the other one

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think production is partly to blame. They really could have casted women who were wanting to relocate or were already in his area.

Back on Bachelorette.. due to production not getting the Bachelorette they thought they would get, they had already signed up the men and from what Reality Steve has found out (last time I checked) they now have the first Asian american Bachelorette with a group of men with only ONE Asian guy. And probably a bunch of guys who thought Daisy would be the Bachelorette.

As far as the other one.. if she isn't dating someone, i guess he could pull a Jason and contact the second place woman.. but would SHE want to relocate?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: