TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 23, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorettes - Gabby and Rachel 🌹: Archive through August 23, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I totally with you about the canceling of the cocktail party. Are all of these contestants so emotionally fragile that any incident causes them to be so devastated they can not face having any interaction with the rest of the group? Who have nothing to do with what happened? Maybe they shouldn't even be on the show if they are SO affected? BooHoo

Get a bunch of guys together watching sports and YEAH they tend to not pay attention to the girls. They are at a Gabby date and it becomes all about Rachel? I would assume any of the guys felt they could not just go sit next to the girls, who are on camera up front? That tantrum was unreal.

I also assume that the ship was the best choice as far as traveling to different destinations during covid. They can keep all of the cast and crew isolated. They don't have to deal with constantly changing polices. I also think it is so much easier coordinating travel! No hotel reservations. No lugging around equipment. No packing and unpacking. Easy to feed everyone. Everyone in the crew gets their own space. Bet the crew loves it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm totally consumed with jealousy that they get that beautiful cruise ship to themselves! I looked it up. They used the ship as an alternative to traveling to different locations by air and because the cruise ship allows for a contained filming location, while keeping contact with outsiders more limited. This, in turn, lessens the risk of a COVID outbreak among the cast. This is the beauty of traveling on a cruise ship. You unpack once and enjoy waking up in a different place every morning.

Rachel and Gabby are staying in the ship's "Rock Star Suites." They each have a balcony, a hot tub, a shower that looks out on the ocean and other amenities. Wow!

Poor Rachel has very little self esteem. I'm really surprised how much confidence Gabby has after the upbringing she had and the experience with her mother. Just goes to show that you've gotta love yourself before you can love anyone else.

I think it was a terrible idea to have two Bachelorettes (it can't help but be a competition), but it's certainly been interesting. And if Hayden loves his dog so much, why did he leave him to go on a TV show? What a jerk.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it really is a good use of a ship that otherwise would have probably been docked.

Yes, Hayden is a jerk. He was talking smack about the girls. I believe he said something about how they don't compare at all to his ex. So why are you here? And telling her about the dying dog seemed really manipulative -- "see how dedicated I am -- I left my dying dog for you! don't pay attention to my smack talk, I left my dog for you!"

I'm really starting to think the Bachette should not be pulled from the prior season. The ladies seem to need more time to heal. Perhaps they need to wait a year. Isn't that how it used to be? They were from a former season, but not the immediately prior one?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I could never even like a guy that left his sick pet alone. I immediately hated Hayden when he said that.

I would actually prefer if they didn't pull the bachelorette or bachelor from previous seasons. For the most part I had to struggle through that whole season to watch that person...then I have to watch them again for another season. They rarely choose the person that I want. So I would just prefer it to be someone new. I wasn't a fan of either Gabby or Rachel's the first time around.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So Rachel went from cancelling the party to cancelling a whole group date! Yes that was hurtful (and then that guy got to be added to Baby's Gabby's group, and then got a rose. More hurt.) But he didn't want you and other guys do, so you pout, punish them, punish yourself by missing a fun outing. Not entertaining.

Agree, this whole format is flawed .

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Rachel has to go hide out in her room after the one guy switches to Gabby.

Gabby gives the guy a rose.

This is just getting so stupid.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2022 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
rachel just doesn't seem cut out for this show. She cancels the entire day date so that she can cry in her room ALL DAY?! He dumped her in the morning. I can see taking an hour or two to cry, but then get on with it already. They talk all the time about how little time they have and she cancels time with them again and again.

If I were the guys I would begin to think she was too fragile and too high maintenance and I wouldn't want to propose even if I were still interested.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 15, 2022 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good point, Brenda! Rachel does seem super needy and isn't happy unless everything revolves around her.

And Sea, I laughed when you wrote "Baby" instead of "Gabby." I've been getting kind of irritated at her fake baby voice, too. How old are these women? They act like teenagers!

Suck it up, Buttercup! You've been given a great opportunity, so stop crying in your (granted, gorgeous cruiseship) room all day and enjoy!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, August 15, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax thank you! I thought I was the only person that was irritated by Gabby's inflection. It might be lip filler, purposeful, or a combination of both. But it drives me nuts. That's one of the reasons that I did not want to listen to her for another season.

I find them BOTH to be incredibly lacking of any confidence. I mean everyone has some self image doubts. These two are seemingly going to have long lasting psychological scars from this season, and last.

They act like this is their ONLY chance at love. Yes, get over it. Enjoy the cruise, the food, the wardrobe, the worldwide travel, being waited on hand and foot. Being catered to and being the center of attention. Even though you throw tantrums because you think you should get more. Be thankful of the experience, the opportunity, and frankly the exposure.
And grow up!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Amen! Just watched Monday's episode yesterday afternoon, and I was shocked (SHOCKED, I tell you!) that Rachel didn't cry her way through the episode. This time it was Gabby's turn, though. She cried the entire time she was sending Nate home, cause she wasn't "ready to be a mom." Ay yi yi! It's probably a good thing, though, cause apparently Nate is a cheater and a cad, so good riddance.

I felt sorry for Logan having to quit due to Covid (I guess they don't have time in their shooting schedule for him to clear quarantine), especially after all the rigamarole about him switching from Rachel to Gabby. Gabby didn't seem too upset about it, though, so she must have been planning to drop him anyway.

I'm sure everybody has to be vaxxed and tested daily to be on this show (that's how they found out that Logan had it). Breakthrough cases are rampant.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Nate sure seemed like a nice guy. I'm sorry to hear he's another cad.
I feel like I don't know any of these guys. I wonder if it's because we only get to spend half our time with each Bachette. I hope they never do this dual setup again.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Halfway through...my husband and I are laughing and looking at each other saying, WHAT is happening?

Gabby not knowing till the night before hometowns that she's not sure she wants to be a parent...strange. but like you guys said.. that would have been another "cry fest" later on when stuff came out about him

Yes very weird that Logan disappeared off the face of the earth. They didn't even have a video of him being told about what was happening or anything. It almost makes me feel like there's more to the story?

We burst out laughing when Gabby went back downstairs to commiserate with the other guys about "poor Nate" leaving and they were all crying over him. Whaaaaat?

And I don't know if you guys fast forwarded or caught a few of the commercials? Two of them were about applying for the next bachelorette. One of them said.. "Tired of dating guys that live in their mother's basements?" The other one now escapes me...but it was even more ridiculous. Like tired of going from bar to bar drunk, looking for guys... If this is their casting parameters this explains a lot of what we see for the contestants on both sides LOL

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There is apparently more to the story. Logan may or may not have had Covid, but he definitely wanted out.

https://www.realitytea.com/2022/08/18/the-bachelorette-logan-palmer-exit/

Sincebb1, they were acting like he died and it was his funeral. Silly.

I watch this show the next day on Hulu. No commercials! A show that was originially two hours is only 1 hour and 24 minutes without the ads. We have no patience for ads anymore.

PS. The "Debbie" who wrote the article is me. I get to summarize other articles for all things Bachelor on Reality Tea. Fun!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope they told Gabby that they said COVID just for the clip. Otherwise it looked like protocol was totally blown.

One positive test should have quarantined the whole crew.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a cool gig! Babyjaxmom!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, if it really was covid, then they didn't handle it like you'd think they should. All of the guys should have been separated. Everyone in masks. So weird that they would blame a covid test if that wasn't really why. Just say he left! Plenty of people have left.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 18, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was kind of tacky to say he had Covid if he didn't. I agree, Sea, they would have had to follow protocols and mask everyone up. Also I think everyone who was exposed to him would have had to be quarantined for 5 days. That makes me think he didn't actually had Covid and they just told Gabby that so as not to send her into a tailspin. These two women are so freaking fragile!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That whole date with the lady with the whip was especially stupid.

That was how Gabby was supposed to get to know the guys.

You could tell that they were very uncomfortable.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I chose to FF through that whole scene. Just too uncomfortable to watch. I didn't find it at all entertaining. Some of these group dates are just beyond stupid and embarrassing!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, don't even get me started on the continuing tasteless and tacky group dates! At the time I thought, thank God Nate is gone, and his daughter doesn't have to watch him having hot wax poured on his nipples. Even though we later learned that he's not the person we thought, I still would have not wanted his daughter to have to watch that. I mean asking them how many people they had slept with or personal intimate questions about them having sex. Not funny at all and you could clearly see how uncomfortable they were, yet again.

Rachel even managed to turn the Edam Cheese Festival into yet another shirtless event. By her request. Even though the locals that were competing all had a t-shirt on. From the looks of the pictures they have posted of the event...it got worse. They have a picture of the guys in their underwear coming out of a big cheese curd "pool". Apparently they got them down to their underwear again and wet. I'm surprised we were spared this on tv. Unless they're starting to read all the complaints about the bachelor's being stripped down and soaking wet... with various body parts having to be blurred out?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sometimes they just run out of time to show everything they filmed. We may see that at some point, but I'm sure the producers of this show don't care about complaints. It just means people are watching (and FFing). That's all they care about.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
This season HAS to be the biggest train wreak of all seasons. Although it might be a ratings success?

I imagine the production team is awake 24/7 trying to put out non-stop fires and trying to manipulate the edit.

I was dying, I tell you, when poor Tyler was going on and on about how much he loved Rachel and saw her in his future. Talk about blind-sided. I was screaming at the TV, just put your hand on his shoulder and tell him to stop...this was pure torture. He handled the situation with such class!

I can only guess how Rachel would have reacted in the same situation. She would be crying on the stairs and saying that it "happened in front of everybody" and she was "so humiliated"...

I had to chuckle when Tino said to Rachel that his family adored her.. actually I had to laugh out loud. They clearly did not adore her

The previews for next week of course has Gabby wailing the same old "am I too broken for anybody to love?" Geezzz...getting old.

Of course they're trying to make us believe that Gabby left and there's only one Bachelorette left. But we know they always steer us in an opposite direction

Almost every scene in this episode had some awkward or unsettling aspect to it.

More ridiculously worded ads for applying for next Bachelorette...

Now I'm off to read Reality Steve's take....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for Tyler. He was so cute. Maybe if she hadn't cancelled so many dates and cocktail parties, her "relationship" with him could have been "further along". I felt bad for his family too! They get all prepped to be on TV. I'm glad they at least showed them.

Yes, this season is a total mess. I really don't recall others being this bad. It's like they are purposely trying to create the next train wreck. Remember the boring seasons like Sean that actually produced a real relationship, marriage, and kids! I guess those days are long gone. Boo.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Maybe they should get stable women as Bachelorettes.

Rachel falls apart and Gabby worries about her rough edges.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2022 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually cried through Erich's entire hometown visit. My dad died of cancer 34 years ago this month. It's a terrible thing for a family to have to go through. Erich's mom was a lot like my mom. She did everything she could to take care of my dad. When he was going through radiation, he told me the thing that kept him going was, "Your sweet little mommy smiling at me when I come out of the treatment room." My dad died only 4 months after his diagnosis (lung cancer). I can't imagine how hard it must be to live with a cancer diagnosis for 3 years or even more in a lot of cases. But then, none of us are getting out of here alive. At least when you know someone is dying, it gives you a chance to tell them how much you love them and to say goodbye. A lot of people don't get that privilege.

But yes, overall this season is a 💩 show. Rachel just seems so immature, like a little girl in high school. And just when I start to really like Gabby, she falls apart again. It's painful to watch.

Tyler for the next Bachelor!!!