TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Clayton’s Season : Archive through February 20, 2022 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
"Poor me. These women are mean. I don't want to talk to them because they hurt my feelings. Just give me the roses and get this over with. I don't care who I cut. So what if they sacrificed a lot of time and energy to get here. Good bye." Love, Clayton

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've always wondered if they cancel the party so that they can spend more time with them after the roses are handed out? If not, then yes it just seems childish to keep cancelling it. If going straight to the rose ceremony means you get to celebrate with them longer after then I understand it better.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I have always thought the same. They're so fragile, so upset about some rather silly incident. They are so emotional they have to cancel the rose ceremony. Crawl back to their room and lick their emotional wounds.

Who would want a spouse that crumbles at the slightest sign of adversity? What happens to them when they have to handle a REAL problem in the real world?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the news that Clayton apologized to Elizabeth already, Sincebb1. I was thinking he'd apologize to her at the WTA, since she certainly deserved an apology. Glad to hear he stepped up early.

I was SURE he would give the last rose to Elizabeth. When he said Shenae's name, I screamed out, "Dumbsh*t!!!" I'm still watching Monday's episode (it wasn't high on my priority list), but so far I've lost all respect for Clayton. I thought he was standing around the corner listening to Shenae's nonsense, but apparently not. So far I'm not liking him at all.

I hope Elizabeth gets to go to BIP!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If I was a friend of Elizabeth, I would wish for her to meet a good guy in regular life and never return to "Bachelor Nation" programming.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
But a free trip to Mexico!!! I love watching them all hang out on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, and there have been a lot of long-term relationships and marriages out of that show. There are no stupid competitions and the "contestants" get to choose who they might be interested in. I find it a lot more enjoyable than either the Bach or Bachette. And there's none of the cattiness or bickering like on this show, except of course, if someone gets involved in a triangle situation.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
BJ I like BIP better too but I also feel like many of the relationships were already formed or forming before they get to Paradise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe some, but not all. I don't care if they were. I just like that they have a pool of people and can choose whom they're attracted to, rather than saying, "Everybody needs to compete for this one person." I'm surprised there aren't more people who check out of the Bach/ette merely because they're just not attracted to the lead person.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Can these women please pronounce the “T” in Clayton, it’s NOT Clay-en.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 15, 2022 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I hear so many people say that, but I think it's a regional thing. I'm from California, and we wouldn't say "Clay-Ton" here either. It is more of a swallowed "t." We just don't pronounce hard "T's" in the middle of a word. At the beginning or the end, but not in the middle. Every place has their own pronunciations.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Have we heard how Clayton says his own name? The way I say it is "clait -nnn". very soft t. Midwest.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Similar to how we say it here. I don't know why it matters how people say his name. It's not like it bothers him.

I was SO glad when he finally realized how phony Shenae was and kicked her to the curb. I cheered and clapped at my TV. Yay!!! 😁

And I tend to agree about Sarah. She's only 23 and is very young. I also wonder about the girls who say they've never been in love. It makes you wonder about their capacity to feel emotions.

The previews about the ending make me think that he ends up with nobody, or maybe it's just a typical misdirection.

I love that they're traveling again. I was so bored with the shows where they stayed in one place the whole time.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 16, 2022 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, "never been in love" = red flag.
And WOW Croatia is so pretty! I'm so glad we are getting to leave the USA again on this 'journey'. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, February 17, 2022 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Not just with Clayton's name. It now seems to be the new fad, dropping the T sound in many words. It even has a name, T-glottalization. For example button has become "BUH-ehn". Or important becomes "impor-ehn".

As a person that was always taught to enunciate.... It drives me bonkers. It especially annoys me when I hear newscasters, reporters, weather forecasters etc following this new trend.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We don't enunciate middle "t's" that way here. As I said, it's a regional thing. You'll find people all over the world who pronounce things differently. Why get annoyed about it? It annoys me more when people totally mispronounce words like realtor (as "real-a-ter") and nuclear (as "noo-cu-lar"). Ugh. That makes me crazy.

It's not a fad. It's just a difference in pronunciation.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I say Claatun.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Those annoy me too. Also when people make up words that don't exist, like "conversate".

It's not regional necessarily. I'm hearing a lot of it now where I live. I had not for many years

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 18, 2022 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was funny, as he was saying they were leaving Canada, I said "Croatia" because Croatia was soliciting visitors very early on in the pandemic. and I was actually right.

I am so much more annoyed by snakey behavioor than however they pronounce theings..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure my annoyance comes from the fact that my father was a language professor. So I can't help but notice these things, in whichever language one happens to be speaking, which he spoke seven of...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
My mother was a teacher and I was an English Lit major, so incorrect grammar bothers me way more than how someone pronounces something--unless it's really out there! 😁

Croatia is beautiful! Didn't they just have the Olympics there a few years back?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Born and raised in California here and I never heard the 'lost t' in the middle until one of the hosts of Daily Blast Live did it daily. I have since heard it on other shows and just assumed it was a regional thing. LOL ~ The mystery of the lost middle T. Not to age myself but I was put in 'speech class' in elementary school for less until they determined I was just being lazy and could ennuciate when I felt like it, lol.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I also have English lit majors and teachers and everything in my family. I guess we're just all the same. We consider incorrect pronunciation same as incorrect grammar or invented words.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My family was big on grammar and phonics and pronunciation, but my Dad would insist that someone was pronouncing their own name incorrectly. Like Sissy Spacek's last name.

I figure that if a person and family pronounce a name a certain way, then I go with that.

But in this season of Celebrity Big Brother I know it was hard for people to go along with Shanna being pronounced Shay Nah instead of rhyming with Hannah. But again, their name.

Last month I got a lesson in pronouncing Toronto from Dean, Mame and Jimmer.. and it is not as we see it written..

When I was active in breeding labradors and in the Labrador Retriever Club of So Cal, most of us showed in conformation, or obedience, but we also ran field tests and some members were active hunters or ran their dogs infield trials. In field trials there was a "Amateur" class and they all pronounced it "A mah toor" and if you used the correct pronunciation, you got LOOKS.

So if he wants to live with someone who calls him Clayun,, that's his choice.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, of course it's your own name...and you don't care, obviously that is fine. As Khloe Kardashian has been saying for years...her name is pronounced with an accent on the E... She gets very excited when it's pronounced the correct way. But for the most part she said she has given up LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 20, 2022 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
One thing I've always wondered. How did city's names get changed in each language. Why is the city of Firenze changed to Florence. Or München becomes Munich etc.

A friend told me a very funny story when they were traveling through Germany many years ago. They got lost because they didn't know the corresponding names of the cities.