TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Bachelor: Miscellaneous Conversat...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: The Bachelor: Miscellaneous Conversations (All Seasons) users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
So it's been announced that Chris Harrison is leaving the show, after having been suspended for the past several months. I'll admit I'm not sorry to see him go. I've found him to be so smug and full of himself the past few seasons. He seems to insert himself into the show more than is necessary for a host, but then we can probably blame that on the writers also.

I wonder who they'll get to replace him? I hope it's not one of the former Bachelors/ettes. I wonder what Tom Bergeron is doing? I love him and was so disappointed when they booted him off DWTS.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1277655/chris-harrison-exits-the-bachelor-franchise-after-controversy

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ugh. Just read the full article and see that they're going to bring in a "rotating cast of guest hosts" for Bachelor in Paradise, including David Spade. This could be the death knell of this show.

Jmo, but I think Wells Adams would make a perfect host, especially for BIP. He's always so good with listening to everyone's problems and giving advice, without making it all about him. Are you listening ABC?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not a Chris Harrison fan but I agree that this could be the end. Shows like this need a consistent host representing the show. Some sort of wacky rotation just isn't going to work.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They say Chris is going to get perhaps $50 million to walk (and more importantly to keep his mouth shut- he knows where the thorns are in the roses, so to speak)

I don’t know about it being the end- the Bachelorette premiere won the entire night in the 18-49 demo, so there’s still an audience..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 08, 2021 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Honestly I will miss Chris Harrison, but am fully on board with Wells as a replacement! Wouldn't that be awesome. But I doubt it will happen.

And I can't say I blame Chris for settling. Cha-ching! Take the money and run.

I'm not loving Kaitlyn as a host. I think I could adjust to Tayshia as a host. But ultimately I think having a host that has not been the Bachelorette or Bachelor is probably best.

As for PAradise, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Spade on there. He posts about the BAch shows every week.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: