TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Bachelor Matt James Spoilers

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Matt James Spoilers users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 27, 2021 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Spoilers here.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Given all of the things that came out with Chris Harrison defending Rachel’s past pictures, etc., does anyone know if she and Matt are still together? I was hoping he would pick Michelle.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    

Disregard my question above. Just read he and Rachel have broken up. Given the circumstances and information that has come to light, I’m not surprised.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Is there any discussion somewhere about;
1. Chris Harrison leaving the show?
2. Heather Martin not being in the women tell all?
3. Rachael making some kind of racist remarks?
If so, please direct me. If not, please answer any of those questions here. Tia!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen anything around here about it.

It is all over the news though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 04, 2021 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, Rachael Kirkconnell attended an "Old South" themed sorority party back in college, and belonged to a sorority that has been criticized as "racist” due to its embrace of Confederate General Robert E. Lee as its “spiritual leader.”

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2315754/rachael-kirkconnell-antebellum-photo-instagram-american-south/

Chris Harrison tried to defend her to Rachel Lindsay in a podcast, which only made things worse, as he seemed to be excusing racism. Harrison is going to be "stepping away" from the show for a while. I won't miss him. He seems to make everything all about him.

And why would Heather Martin be at the WTA? She tried to party crash the show and was quickly refused. I don't need to see more of her.

This was the most boring season ever. For the first time since I've watched this show, I FFed through a lot of the WTA. And I agree, Matt's beard must go. I know beards are "cool" now, but I guess I'm just old, cause I like a man clean shaven.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I know my views may not be popular but:

Who cares what someone did in their past? It's the past. If they've grown from it, seen the problem with their behavior, apologized, and changed then why does it need to be used as a weapon over them now?

Yes, Matt looked terribly unhappy. He proposed, she accepted, then all this came out and did he have another choice but to call it off? No, or he would have been the target of all the hateful snipes.

On the beard: N.O. I don't get the whole Covid beard thing period. Or is there a razor shortage in Hollywood I'm unaware of, or did Covid render people unable to shave their own faces?

As for Chris Harrison: Come. go, nobody cares BUT was he so wrong for saying what he said? I'm relatively certain that no one is perfect and each and every person has things in their past they aren't proud of either and wouldn't want them put out in the universe for everyone to judge them on.

TWTA was plain pitiful. It was like watching wet paint dry.

I, for one, am sick and tired of people sitting in judgment of others and crucifying them for their mistakes.

I've voiced my opinions, yours may vary.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well Said Misspoufy :-) I agree.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I don't think my post (which was moved to the spoiler thread) contained any spoilers, unless I inadvertently missed something. I don't do spoilers. If I mistakenly spoiled something, I apologize.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I moved your question here to discuss it.

The fact is the person you were speaking about is the person he proposed to, and it's difficult to separate that from the conversations about her comments and the Harrison interview. So they are all better off here, rather than risk more spoiling.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy, as I understand it. This was when she is 18 and she is 22 or 24 now. Not much time for an epiphany and not that long ago to not know better.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 05, 2021 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As I understand reality Steve, they may not have gotten engaged. He was not too subtle about following some music list she had online, so people knew Rachael was the one.

Then people came up with the antebellum pictures.

But also some women have claimed that Rachael was outspoken against anyone of them who dated black men.

That may have been the real deal breaker, assuming the real is broken.

So it is a mess.

And the other rumor/spoiler is that Katie will be the Bachelorette..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 09, 2021 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t know, when you are 18 it’s all about the big poofy dresses from the antebellum era, she probably didn’t even correlate it to slavery or even the civil war. Even Ryan Reynolds and his wife ( forgot her name)made the same mistake when they married. I’d give the girl a break...maybe.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 09, 2021 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She was 18. I know many 18 yr olds just had the big puffy dresses in mind and didn’t correlate slavery and civil war. Many of us are self involved at that age. Ryan Reynolds and his wife made the same mistake at their wedding.
Sorry double post.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 09, 2021 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aw, not just kids.. Some of the people I sing wit, especially those who are older and those originally from other countries, just seem baffled when I object to some song lyrics.

Shenandoah.. Beautiful song, but the lyrics are, to me, about genocide as they go on about how the chief did not want his daughter taken away, so he was plied with "firewater" and the daughter was taken.

In 1965 Big Dylan wrote an alternate lyric that had the narrator saying he respected the chief's wishes and left without the daughter.

And friend from Taiwan playing Swanee River and Dixie.. I keep thinking that I could find a rousing Chinese Communist anthem that she might not appreciate.

And recently someone provided lyrics for Home on the Range and apparently I am the only one to be surprised, or unappy about a verse I have never heard about how the "red man was prest from this part of the west" never to return, which apparently was considered to be a good thing.

Sorry, went on a rant..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did not know about these songs but I don’t know the lyrics to any songs. I use to think The Bee Gees” More Than A Woman” was Bald Headed Woman.
There’s a special next week you might be interested in,Grammy singers singing songs that propelled social change. It’s on Wednesday.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Yes! Sea! You should have seen the PTA moms when I would say that we should NOT do a cakewalk. They were appalled. Then, I told them to look up the history of a cakewalk. Some still tried to dismiss it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We print up lyrics and chords so they have a chance to see the words.

Some are in their 80s, even 2 at 90.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
They changed the lyrics to My Old Kentucky Home in 1968 so they could keep using it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow! I'm impressed by the knowledge that is shared here, regardless of the particular forum or topic!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: