TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Matt James: Archive through February 20, 2021 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, February 09, 2021 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Matt seems to just want to be rid of the drama. First he sends home the mean girls and then the person who called them out. If he is not feeling it, then the distractions are easy to send home. Feels like he is in this for real. TV show is having to come up with fake drama and hence the blond that begs her way into the house.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I can do without the fake new, blond girl.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I noticed when he didn't give the rose to his latest date, he told her something like he was in love with 3 girls. I'm guessing the 3 are Rachael, Serena P. and Michelle.

And the new blonde girl, interesting twist to cause more drama between the girls. Maybe to shake out more mean girls for Matt to send home?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Matt sent Katie home because she called out the drama. I think he likes her, but she is pretty firmly in the "friend zone." He just didn't feel a romantic connection with her.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree. He liked Katie a lot, as a pal. I think the romance part just wasn't there for him. I liked her a lot, but I don't think they are a good pair.

And sheesh, letting the prior Bachelor people crash the party. Like they didn't already have an opportunity to connect through their mutual friends. Doesn't she have her hands full with the Colton breakups and restraining orders? I'd steer clear of her if I was him. There is no way he should keep her this late in the game.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2021 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I said up thread that that Katie was too normal for the show. She proved that in her exit. Had there not been so many other girls, he may have, eventually, found chemistry with her. Glad they were able to just have a fun time on their date.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Harrison is stepping away, according to ABC TV news.

Apparently people found pictures of current contestant Rachael Kirlconnell taking part in some Fraternity antebellum party where she dressed as a native american?

quote:

Past photos of her resurfaced in which she is dressed in costume as a Native American and at an antebellum plantation themed ball. Kirkconnell later issued an apology for what she calls her past “racist and offensive” actions.

Anyway there were complaints online and harrison took it upon himself to say oh that was in the past, cancel culture and then HE was on the hot seat.

And then this announcement.

Let me see what I can find online.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/tv/2021/02/14/chris-harrison-stepping-down-from-the-bachelor-amid-racial-controversy/

This link for above info as well.

quote:

In the interview, Harrison defended Kirkconnell against what he called the “woke police” on social media. “We all need to have a little grace, a little understanding, a little compassion,” he said in the interview.

Harrison apologized on Saturday, saying “my ignorance did damage” and he was “ashamed over how uninformed I was.” He said he is stepping aside from his TV show “for a period of time” and will not be hosting the After the Final Rose special that will follow the season finale of The Bachelor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Harrison's been a little too full of himself for some time now. Maybe this will humble him a bit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 14, 2021 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree!

I feel like he has made So much of the show about Harrison.

And find many of the activities to be demeaning and/or dangerous. And he seems so gleeful about everything.

He should have supported Rachael privately, but let her speak for herself, rather than dismissing the critics.

I am sure most of us have had moments in life that we would rather not have scrutinized, but in this time, everything is online.

And some are forgiven more easily. Prince Harry has tons of fans, despite that time he dressed as a Nazi for a party and it was filmed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
In Harry's defense, he was a very young man at the time (late teens/early 20s?). He was just ignorant and knows better now. How many of us haven't done stupid things we wish we hadn't in our early days?

I do agree that Harrison's ego seems to have gotten out of control. Has anybody read his stupid book he keeps hawking on the show? Every time they showed him on camera last summer in "The Best of the Bachelor" or whatever, it was prominently displayed right behind him.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 15, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
More and more, people are starting to recognize that behavior like this that was once acceptable is no longer acceptable to most of society. Inevitably, past examples will continue to be revealed and apologies will be made.

Trying to defend something like that right now as historically being acceptable is like trying to go for a walk on the sun.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Isn't asking for Harry to be excused the same thing as asking for Kirkconnel to be excused?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm not asking for Harry to be excused or, more importantly, saying what he did was okay. I'm just saying maybe he can be forgiven for making a mistake and he knows better now. Didn't we all say and do things when we were younger that we now realize were not okay?

And even though what Kirkconnell did was not okay, she can also be forgiven, especially if she admits and apologizes for her actions. Forgiveness for someone who knows they were wrong is very different from excusing the behavior.

I hope this makes sense.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just think Harrison made it worse by jumping in as he did.

And this episode we had the blonde sent by Hannah Brown who at least was sent home after interrupting everyone else.

And once again, a tantric yoga one on one.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sea. Harrison did make it worse by trying to excuse racism to Rachel Lindsey, a person of color. And she was not having it.

And sending in Heather Martin at this late stage in the show was just stupid. Of course the other women were upset (that's what production was looking for: more drama in this otherwise ho hum season).

I like Matt, but have found this season pretty boring. I still don't even know all the names of the women and don't really care who wins. I miss the world travel and more exotic dates.

And yes, I'm so over tantric yoga. Even though Serena claimed to be very uncomfortable with it, she was quite good at it.

Please let there be Bachelor in Paradise this summer!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I think Harrison was just doing with Kirkconnel the same thing you did with Harry.

I don't think Harrison should have been called on the carpet for it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The difference is that Harrison wasn't only defending or asking for grace for Kirkconnell. If he had stopped at that it might have not caused as big a backlash. However, he also criticized people and called them the "woke police". So he made it much broader.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Can we just agree that Chris Harrison has shown us exactly who he is at this point?

One is either okay with it or perhaps is no longer the huge fan they once were. I never was a fan so it's easier for me to let this show go but I can understand the conflict of long-term fans.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This show used to be fun but sadly it has become a joke.

It must be a frustrating time to do reality shows, though, because it seems that any show with numerous contestants is inevitably going to have someone who has done something questionable in their past. Add to that people who seem to have made it their life's work to dig up old dirt on people and it's a perfect storm.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2021 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hate the 'pregnant pause' as the roses are handed out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I hate the part where Harrison comes out and says, "Ladies, Matt, this is the final rose tonight." Like they can't see it with their own eyes. I think I roll my eyes every damn time.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I do too, Babyjaxmom.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Matt might be up there as one of the most boring bachelors. I think I’d almost rather see a Juan Pablo than this snoozefest.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They need to stop letting Hannah Brown be involved.

Matt was never on the shows, but is a friend of Hannah Brown. And then her other friend was egged on by Hannah to go and try to disrupt the show.