TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelorette Clare Tayshia - General Discussion: Archive through March 20, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Since discussion is already starting about this, I thought I'd make a thread for it. :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just looked at the guys on Clare's season and getting a big "ick" factor. There are only 3 guys in her age group at 36, 38 and 42. A handful in their early 30s and way too many under 30 with the youngest being 23! I'm not against older women/younger men relationships, my husband is 8 years younger than me, but a 23 year old with a 39 year old! That's just gross, she could be his mother!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't call it gross but it simply presents problems from a biological perspective. If Clare wants children she will need to have them very shortly, whereas a 23 year old man might prefer to wait a few years. That won't work. Of course, if he and Clare are on the same page on this then it may be okay. It’s very hard to see a relationship like that lasting.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh my. There is no way a 23 year old man should be on this season. Way too young!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
To be blunt, back in my misspent youth as a 23 year old, I could see myself happily having a fling with someone like Clare. However, a long term relationship would be very unlikely.

It just takes away from the seriousness of the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes an ick factor there. I’m 5 yrs older than my husband but I could not be attracted to someone I could have given birth to. I thought Peters Dad was attractive but had no attraction to Peter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Due to the coronavirus, Clare's season will stay in North America (Then Harrison said the U.S.) The ?games might be cancelled.

This just announced on E.T.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sorry... a 39-year-old with a 23-year-old is gross... regardless of which one is older and which one is younger.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So what is your acceptable “non-gross” age difference? LOL the “formula” I’ve heard is half the age plus 7.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, March 12, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is why I quit watching The Bachelorette YEARS ago (and The Bachelor wasn't too far behind it). Watching a woman make out with 15 guys is disgusting because production has no problem with -shaming her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
RS's thoughts on Clare's season

Bustle

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Love the link Lexie. From that link this;
“"I’d hate to see another broken engagement. I really do hope she finds someone. On the show, it’s been proven the Bachelorettes’ relationships absolutely last longer than the relationships in the Bachelor world, so for a woman who’s gonna be 39 in less than 2 weeks, I really hope it does work out for her. Because if it’s just a bunch of screw-ups wanting to be Instagram influencers who go down to Paradise, you’re [wasting] a good year of her dating life at 39 years."

It’s really true, 12 years younger isn’t a long term relationship!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hope there’s time to hold back some of these 20 year olds for the next Bachelorette. The consensus seems to be that we don’t want a lot of bachelors that are too young for Clair.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, production doesn't really care what the fans want.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
And production has halted for Claire they were going to start filming tonight, but decided to shut it down and may film on Sunday (according to TMZ.com)

Well, think about it... and maybe get some older guys!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 13, 2020 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm.. I know they were going to stay in The U.S., but the 250 person limit would nix some of their favorite group dates, I guess, and the "concerts".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Poor Clare's getting the short end of the stick again. She just can't catch a break! I'd like to see her find a nice guy. She's a local girl (I'm from the Sacramento area), so I'm rooting for her.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, March 14, 2020 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All they need is one of the guys to show up sick and the show is toast. All that kissing. Not what I'd want to be doing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 16, 2020 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Especially since they could be asymptomatic for a time but still pass it along.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ya this is one show that should definitely be put on hiatus for the next while.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That’s what I was thinking too Jimmer. I’m thinking about that with Big Brother too. You get someone that comes to the house that’s sick it will screw up the whole Summer.
As far as Claire and the younger guys, I guess production is keeping them so they will have some younger men for the Paradise show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They should have cancelled mass auditions.. Or audition those in line to get into grocery stores.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
At least with BB they can audition, test, and quarantine participants before locking them all in the house together.
I doubt Bachelor in Paradise will film this summer and there is talk of cancelling Clare's season altogether. IMO, part of the reason for that is production probably hopes to get Hannah Ann as the next Bachelorette since her handling of the Peter situation made her so popular.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
True about BB, Snoopsmom. I’d really hate for Paradise to be cancelled. I do know there’s like 24 cases where they film ( I go every year to Sayulita) but the snowbirds are saying that there’s barely any testing and it’s being under reported so as not to effect tourism.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 20, 2020 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It has been stopped, correct? That seemed to be assumed in some of the articles about Colton.