TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 27, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Bachelor Peter: Archive through February 27, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2020 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheaffer has a great illustrated recap up this week.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 24, 2020 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
One of the ads tonight was asking for participants in a new Bachelor spinoff about seniors looking for love. Do mention of whether this will be a TV show, or an internet show but they won't people over 50.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 24, 2020 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So strange when Madison was crying outside, first there were large kangaroos watching her, but after Peter joined her you could see several production people out there. Did they think she was going to bolt and jump a fence, or hurl herself off the cliff?

Have they ever made the final three share a suite like this? I figure they wanted maximum drama because of Madison's stance on any use of any fantasy suite.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I get that Madison has strong beliefs but why wait so long to bring it up. This season has been terrible. I can’t see him being happy with either of the other two gals. I don’t think he knows what the heck he wants.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was fair for Madison to drop this bomb on Mr Four-Times-In-A-Windmill the DAY OF fantasy suite. Madison has seen the show & should know what to expect. I will say that I DO agree with her. I think it's gross you could be engaged to someone that was intimate with another woman or more days before proposal. But if you are going on this show, you have to be incredibly open-minded & expect this to happen. That being said, what a BORING show last night.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Those kangaroos looked like they were wondering what she was crying about.

Why should Madison expect Peter to pass up a chance for over nights.

There is no way I would have climbed those stairs to get a view of the city. Ack!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was proud of Madison for sticking to her principles.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, here is a short article for you about it.

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/
a31087058/bachelor-senior-dating-show/....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Madison should stick to her principles, absolutely.

Madison should not think she can dictate what others do.

Madison should not have gone into this production, since it clearly crosses her line, which allows quite intimate actions and conversations to be had in front of producers, cameras, (kangaroos), to be edited and broadcast, but stops short of the fantasy suite.

It really defies logic that this attractive young woman would even need this show to find a husband. Seems like her pool of prospective mates would be found amongst like minded men.

She basically said that she could to erase all of Peter's past exploits in and out of windmills, but threatened to bail if he dared to be (more) intimate with the other two women.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just stopped watching it. While I like a good train wreck show, this was just too much.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We don't know how aware Madison was of the behavior. Remember that SOME bachelor/bachelorettes did NOT sleep with others.

I think it's fair for her to say that Peter could not do so if he wanted to be with her.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Isn’t she 23? All the women are incredibly young, imho, I liked the conversation Hannah had, she seems to put things into 3 different relationships, and even though they are happening at the same time, she’s able to put that aside, but I think her line would be if Peter talked about their relationship with the other 2 women.

I do think Madison has a point, which should be explored, not on tv, not on the day he’s all set to “fantasy suite” a woman...

The weird for me, the suites sure are different

And why are the women together (I know, I know...) THAT was awkward and THAT was ridiculous, done just for drama due to Madison’s beliefs! I think the show liked her basketball connections, but, wow...

And that’s what The Bachelor franchise does so well...

(Why am I watching again! lol@ me)

eta - thanks Seamonkey, I really agree with you

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think she should have spoken up earlier. Not fair to whoever was sent home at final 4.

But indeed, the producers just had to ramp up the drama with the women sharing housing. That was a first.

And the first night, filming through the frosted glass door.. And why did Hannah to along with that? So cringeworthy.. That it was filmed and exploited.

If any of them went on the show actually not having researched this show, shame on them.

But with their daughter on the show, filming, tell me her parents would not have researched, if not before filming, then before the hometowns. And mom would inform..

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, the age for the seniors on the new reality show is they have to be at least 65-years-old.

Seniors Dating Show

"To be clear, this is [age] 65 [and up]."

A casting notice for the new seniors project had originally appeared online in January, disclosing that "producers of The Bachelor" were looking for single men and women age 65 or older.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Good lord, wonder how many lifted and botoxed people will be on that? LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Good grief. I can’t see them just doing seniors. How about people in their forties and fifties too?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The premise is interesting, but I think 65 and up is too old. Wonder if there is a maximum age or if we'll end up with a lot of people in their 80s strutting around in bikinis and speedos.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think it needs to be 55 and above.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I wonder what adventures they will have for the 'oldsters'.

I can ask that, because I am an oldster.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We certainly don't want to see 65 year-olds sitting around in their bathing suits....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
In a hot tub. Ugh.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Horseback riding on a merry-go-round

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
In a hot tub. Ugh.

Kathy Bates in About Schmidt!

Actually, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve always enjoyed seeing older people at the beach having a good time or doing other “youthful” things and enjoying themselves. Apparently, I’m in the minority with that view.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Real life, cool! This show? Not so much. Those people having a good time are not the likely subjects of Mike Fleiss and Chris Harrison.

I guess it is better than being catfished (which is unfortunately so common amongst us oldsters that there are seminars at senior centers to warn people).