TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise 2019: Archive through August 28, 2019 users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
So Demi has a significant other at home and yet she comes on the show looking for love. Why is that okay? Jed is castigated for it but not only is Demi excused they fly in her girlfriend and are allowing them to stay on together. What is the point of that? It seems very unfair to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Exactly... Cheiko… I felt so bad for Derek. Why would he stay at this point?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, Demi says she realizes that it will be hard for Derek to see her with her girlfriend.

I think she should have done a voluntary walkout.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Chieko, this whole thing with Demi was planned before filming started. She only agreed to go on if they would bring out her girlfriend and since this franchise wants to have the first gay couple get engaged, they agreed to it. Derek never stood a chance.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Was Derek in the know about this plan? It's pretty reprehensible on the part of her and the producers if he wasn't in the know.

On the other hand, if he was in the know about it, they might as well just be doing an entirely fictional drama series.

Ugh either way.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
No. Derek was not in on this plan.

RS is losing his mind over this because they are making it look like Demi "just realized" how much she missed her girlfriend. Evidently Demi and this girlfriend told everyone way before filming started that both of them were going to be on Paradise. RS said he may start a riot if they make it appear this was "spontaneous" when it had been planned for months.

RS also made a very good point. If any guy had come on the show and said he had a girlfriend at home he couldn't stop thinking about, they would kick him to the curb. But that's not even the case here. Demi was never coming on this show unless she could bring her girlfriend.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah. I like Demi, but this feels wrong in many ways. I feel like if she had a person back home, she should have gone home.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, she never should have gone on the show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Agreed. It all feels kind of exploitive. BIP is trash TV and it's like they are trying to make it like Dr. Phil or something (which is also trash TV, just a different kind of trash LOL).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'd be more than happy to see a relationship between two women or two men that forms within this show. That would be awesome. However, manipulatively planning in advance to bring in someone from outside from an existing relationship after internal relationships start to form is exploitative and unfair.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the extra information, Lexie. Not a good plan.....and I agree with everyone's comments.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Ditto to what Jimmer said. If this was preplanned, it's just so wrong.
I feel bad for Derek who has to watch this relatonship "develop". And Demi's girlfriend needs to stop saying "like". I can t stand listening to people use this as a filler in every sentence!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is it possible they had already finished filming when they were telling people they were going to be on BIP? This was all filmed months ago, after all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Nah... this season was just filmed back in June(?). Demi has been with this woman for quite some time.

Demi is definitely either a lesbian or bisexual. RS has texts and e-mails from other women that have been involved with her for over the last four years so this is not something that is being "awakened" inside her.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Seems like a set up for Dereck to be the next bachelor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm still hoping for Peter to be the next Bachelor.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Monday, August 26, 2019 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Not liking this Demi/girlfriend thing at all (boring watching them) .....even less now that I hear it was a set-up

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
It's not a line that adds much to the story. They even have to change the rules to give Demi her own rose to give out. There's no point in either of them staying there now.

It sounds like Peter as the new bachelor is a done deal.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched the first hour last night (then I switched to Below Deck). I'll watch the second hour tonight but I have to say that John Paul Jones is just goofy. And this Tzajuan (spelling) is craaay!!!

This is why I love BIP when I don't watch The Bachelor or 'Ette. I have no preconceived notions about anyone on the show. I pretty much dislike all of them because they are on the show looking for "camera time."

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
JPJ really has it bad for the first girl who wanted to hang with Derek, can't spell her name. I am wondering if he's getting a weird edit because all three have talked about how smart he is. To me, he's like a big, untrained, golden retriever puppy..... all over the place, but cute nonetheless.

I was glad that Katie cleared things up with Chris. I like them together.

Yeah, Peter is probably the bachelor.... not hard on the eyes and they won't have to hire a pilot to ferry them around.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I watched too... couldn’t help it, was confused so I came here! Then spent too much time wading through annoying ads (must reload as there’s a problem with your server - yes. It blocks pop ups!)

Agree about Demi/ gf, thought Demi was over the top flirting with guys then Demi explained to her gf, well guys hand out roses - ok what the what, ad came on and Cris Harrison is first previewed, so all will be explained... now that makes more sense, Demi will always be first to hand out a rose, and BIP is about exploring relationships (*cough ratings*)

Now these guys? But John Paul Jones looks and acts like a free spirit, he has to be following a script with the way he said he’s there for one girl (like I can remember) but has so much fun on the dates, previews show him, of all people going after the other guy that’s a free spirit?

So if I’m going to weed through ads at RS, I’m taking notes! I’m ready now knowing spoilers, not that I have a clue, nor will I probably visit this show again!

( but provided the best entertainment to colon prep, you’re welcome, get those colons checked 😉)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That was a strange show last night. Poor Cole, trying to move on, but then BIP puts Angela in the mix. He's a confused guy.

And what's up with JPJ? I think we must have missed something because that blow-up came out of no where!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Cole??? I was confused for a minute, till I realized you meant Clay. I hope he's not gonna break Nicole's heart.

I really liked JPJ until he started losing his mind. He's really funny and kind of a surfer dude, but he's lost all touch with reality. He really did ambush Derek and just kept yelling at him without even giving him a chance to defend himself ("Nope. Nope. Nope."). That was crazy.

I love this show so much. I wish I could just go to Paradise, swim in the pool, play on the beach, drink margaritas with Wells and just hang out with everybody, but I'm way too old and fat (and married!).

And if you have as much trouble as I do remembering everyone's names, here is a cast list I found on the ABC site:

https://abc.go.com/shows/bachelor-in-paradise/about-the-show

And that really is awful that the producers are bringing in Angela to mess things up with Clay and Nicole. I don't see this going well. So much drama!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Clay, not Cole.... There were waaaay too many people to keep track of last night!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
JPJ! I was really starting to like him, but that tantrum at the wedding was so uncalled for. I wonder if he was drunk? It was over the top.

And Caelyn made me laugh "Oh, boo, hoo Dean WAS the One! sob... oh wait, is that Connor?!"