TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise 2018: Archive through September 11, 2018 users admin

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
Well, it’s official. It’s Colton. Strange choice. But I predicted it above.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'll be sitting this season out too. Don't care to watch Colton's journey.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not interested either.....

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Another one I like on BIP is Kevin from Canada.

Now Jordan from NZ - wasn't there some sort of scandal from when he was the Bachelor on the New Zealand version? I think he was hooked up with Bibiana on the Winter Games (but I wouldn't swear to it).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm reading Twitter and Bachelor Nation is losing its mind over Colton.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And when I say ABC and Chris Harrison are getting hammered, they are getting pummeled into the ground on Twitter. Usually when they select a "new" Bachelor or 'Ette, half the fans are happy and the other half aren't.

No one in Bachelor Nation is happy about Colton.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It is just not a good choice. Had Colton NOT been on Bachelor in Paradise, I could probably see it. But, with all the nonsense with Tia there.... it's just stupid... plus, that means we'll probably see Tia again during the season.... or not, if we don't watch it.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
In just a matter of months, Colton goes from Tia to Becca to Tia to not ready for a relationship - so ABC decides to make him the Bachelor.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
It was obvious that Colton was not into Tia from the beginning. I still think he was pushed into giving the relationship a try from some of the others. He should have been mature enough to not attempt a relationship if he was not feeling it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Out of all the people left on BIP, I can't believe that male model Jordan is one of my favorites. I think we are finally seeing the 'real' Jordan, not the "male model" Jordan. I think his relationship may last the test of time. He really listens to (can't think of her name) and is quite understanding.

The other one I like is Canadian Kevin. There must be a reason why all the others confide in him. He has this 'thing' about him that seems to elicit others to ask his opinion. Although, I don't like the close-ups of when he is kissing. Looks weird to me. But, I think he's great.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 05, 2018 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Kevin was a favourite and I if I remember correctly the winner on his season of Bachelorette Canada.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 06, 2018 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jordan and Kevin are my two favorites this season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, me too, Lexie. Jordan is funny! And Kevin is really down to earth.

Before Colton and Tia "broke up," I was watching them and thinking, "Does that girl ever stop to take a breath???" She was constantly talking at him and he never had anything to add to the conversation. He just seemed trapped.

I'm really, really disappointed that they chose Colton as the Bachelor. I think he totally has committment issues and he's so wishy washy. Just not at all attractive. Why couldn't they have picked Jason???

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
If you thought TPTB regretted picking Juan Pablo and Arie, you haven't seen anything yet. While the fans will usually watch regardless of who is the lead, this could be the season that the Bachelor's ratings hit the skids. Bachelor Nation is not happy and they are letting TPTB know about it on Twitter. Personally, I'm taking it off my DVR since I have no desire to watch an entire season of a virgin with commitment issues.

And kill me now if they make Tia the next 'Ette if they can't find a decent lead from Colton's season. She was supposed to be the last 'Ette before Arie dumped Becca.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Did the producers even take the pulse of the fans? Why did they think Colton would be a good Bach? And if they pick Tia I'll run screaming. She is very annoying and I'm tired of her already.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
From reading some of the comments on other sites, I agree that people who watch the show are tired of Colton and are very disappointed. I did have to chuckle (while at the same time resisting the urge to pull out my hair) over one person who commented that she respected Colton for his "moral values" (ie. he's a virgin). He's not a virgin because of any moral values; he just can't sustain a relationship long enough to get to the point of intimacy. Ugh.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Another one who seems to be flying under the Cuckoo's Nest radar is Annaliese. The way she is talking about her relationship with Kamil "when they leave" is really super-stalker freaky considering they have only been a "couple" for about 2-3 days "real time." (This show is filmed from beginning to end in 18 days).

And there is no reason to bring Yuki back next season. I hate that Yuki's "camera time" cuts into Wells getting confessional time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is from RS's recap last week.

"A couple things to get to before we start “Reader Emails.” One final thing I want to say about Colton that I think I forgot to put in there yesterday. All the negative opinions people have of Colton – not ready to commit, using the show for fame, lying about when and how many times he saw Tia, Raven’s advice to Tia being spot on, too much TV time, etc – are all 100% justified reasons for not liking him. Not only that, I agree with pretty much all of it. I absolutely think this was on his radar from the time he applied for Becca’s season. This was his ultimate goal. I do believe he jerked Tia around and toyed with her knowing this was in the back of his head. I absolutely don’t think this guy is anywhere near ready to commit to someone long term. I agree with all of that. Just because I’m whatever about them choosing him doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s without some serious faults. All of those are legitimate reasons to not like the guy and question why they chose him. But ultimately, it just doesn’t matter. They’re going to choose who they’re going to choose, and as much as the higher ups of this show says, “We listen to Bachelor Nation!” – they really don’t. They don’t care about you. They never have. They say things to appease you, but all you need to do is listen to Robert Mills radio show yesterday to know the guy is flat out lying when it comes to this Colton stuff.

I’ve always been a Robert Mills guy. I crack on him a lot, but he’s one person in this franchise whose opinion I tend to lend a little more weight to. I respect his work that he’s done for the network, and while I don’t necessarily agree with all the decisions they’ve made, he always has an interesting perspective on the reasons behind decision. Mills has always had a good pulse on the franchise and what people are feeling. But you listen to him yesterday acting all shocked that people are being so negative on Colton? Yeah, that was an act. He can’t possibly be this surprised people aren’t taking to Colton.

Him saying, “Well a lot of the girls were asking for Colton in casting” is such a cop out and an easy thing to say after the fact because there’s no way to prove it. What do I expect him to say? “Well, all the girls were clamoring for Jason and Blake, so we went with Colton.” Of course not. I’m sure there were some girls in casting who did want Colton, but to act after the announcement like, “Hey, this is who they wanted” is pretty short sighted and just playing into his own narrative. Because I can guarantee you that wasn’t the case. So yeah, he loses points on that one. So easy to just throw that out there after the announcement that all the women asked for him. Please."

BIP recap and spoilers

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Very, very discouraging how little they appreciate their loyal fans. I've been watching this show since Trista's season. I will probably watch this season, too, just to see the train wreck that is going to be Colton. I think he'll be another Brad and pick nobody. Ugh. Just so disappointing.

And I agree with you about Yuki, Lexie. She is not funny or cute, just annoying. I would much rather see more Wells.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 10, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the first time since whenever I actually deleted the Bachelor from my DVR. I just can't with Colton. Besides, it takes up valuable DVR space that could be devoted to my Bravo shows and other network shows (and I will have Monday night football).

And another thing... in addition to the stalkery Annaliese - am I the only one that didn't get the "Benoit love?"

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh WOW... Steve broke a story this morning about Jenna and Jordan. It's so bad that RS tried to reach out to Jordan to warn him about what was getting ready to break regarding Jenna, but he couldn't reach him. We know that most people only go on the Bachelor/'Ette for exposure, but Jordan was really looking for the love of his life on BIP. Poor Jordan. I truly believe that he really loves Jenna.

Jenna is a fraud

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Uh oh. I will miss discussing the Bachelor with you, Lexie!!! Don't go!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The only way they get me back this season is if they cut Colton and re-cast. However, they have already started filming his intros. But there is precedent. They did it a few years ago where one girl filmed her intros and then at the last minute they substituted another for the 'Ette.

I. Just. Can't. with Colton

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow is right. That is ugly about Jenna.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2018 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't get it. They had those two guys from the F4 in Becca's season (I can't remember their names because I quit watching once Jordan was eliminated), and there was Grocery Store Joe who all the women were crazy about. There were three great contenders for the next season and they go with a commitment-phobic virgin who may or may not be gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).