TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise - 2017: Archive through September 14, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, the difference is Nick didn't have the reputation that Dean has. Nick had a reputation for being a fame horse (always looking for camera time)- not someone who got involved in a nasty three-way romance that dragged on for months - especially breaking the heart of a fan favorite. Also, with the exception of ATFR on Andi's season, Nick didn't really treat the Bachelorettes or the women on BIP like garbage like Dean has.

Dean is D-O-N-E.

If they don't find a new Bachelor to come out of Bachelorette 2018's season, they will give it to Wells (if he wants it). But that would mean every single guy in the next Bachelorette's F4 really sucks with the viewers.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kooklie, the twins were super annoying. They think they're so special cause they're pretty. Um, no. I was actually hoping Dean would say yes and go on the date, because that would give DLo a taste of her own medicine.

Am I the only one whose skin crawls whenever Derek and Taylor are on-screen? I just find them both so shallow and immature. And Taylor just seems so controlling.

Not really rooting for anyone this year. BIP seemed to be devoid of any of the big, emotional breakups this year. It was almost kind of boring this year. Aside from the big scandal at the beginning, that is.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sadly, while BIP is still my favorite of the franchise, this one was not up to par. Sometimes things don't click and this was one of those seasons.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, no super couple out of this one. :-( Oh well. Still fun. Derek and Taylor won't make it down the isle I'm guessing. She's too controlling and needs to grow up more herself. Dean and Kristina should have been the super couple. And yes, I was hoping too that Dean would go on the date with the twin just to irk D-Lo. I totally agree Babyjaxmom.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 06, 2017 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We are both evil, Brenda1966.

I agree with you, Jimmer. This season was not up to par, perhaps because they got off to such a rocky start and almost didn't continue. Who knows? They seemed to have a lot of people I never really liked on their seasons. Maybe a lot of the more "quality" (for The Bachelor, ha ha) were put off by all the bad publicity.

The one big surprise of this season was Wells! What a cutie!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And can I just say that I love scallops--if they're cooked properly! Scallops should have a nice sear on the outside, and those scallops Christen was eating looked kind of undercooked. And I would NEVER eat them with my fingers. Gross!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They did look undercooked

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love scallops too -- same as you, grilled a bit. And yes, I eat them with a fork. :-)

I think the 2 week hiatus where they were hanging out, texting, travelling together changed the dynamic a bit. And yes, I think the casting was a bit weak. We need more old school players, not so many newbies.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I must be missing how Dean has treated the two women like garbage on the show. He seems incredibly wish washy with the pair of them. And they do bear some responsibility for staying in whatever situation they are in. It's not like they aren't aware of each other. He has walked all over Kristina's heart and I do feel sorry for her but I wish she had of walked away sooner.( side note, I am not interested in their ongoing saga) I wouldn't want him as the Bachelor because I don't think he could make a decision.
I do agree with Jimmer it has been a pretty dull season. It seemed like they were all just there to hang. And Wells was a hoot last night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wells was the highlight of the season. He's a doll, for sure!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Dean, Kristina and Danielle are going to be on Ellen next week.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And the saga continues.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah BJM... it never stopped (even when the cameras did). (Which is why Dean will never be the Bachelor - LOL)

Peeper

06-14-2004

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I thought when they brought Wells on to be the bartender that they were hoping he would gain the popularity that Nick did last season on BIP and they could make Wells the new bachelor. I am glad they didn't I thought he was mean spirited making fun of the scallops girl.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Where's Wells at the reunion tonight?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I want Wells too!

In my opinion, the twins are just hateful girls who want the limelight and will do anything to get it under the pretense of 'I got your back girl!' BS

Dean deserved the uncomfortableness but i believed his apology. Even it it was 'I am sorry i was busted' he didn't make excuses and just said sorry. Many adults cant help but do the 'I'm sorry but' so i give him props for just saying sorry and shutting up.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
OK...i do love me a good proposal!!!

Not sure how to ask this without sounding racist, but i don't know the bachorlette's name...who was the African American woman that they showed for every. Single. Possible. Reaction shot. Ever. All cutaway shots were of her!!! And why???

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 11, 2017 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it seemed like the camera was always on that side of the stage. Not sure if it's because Dean and Kristina were on the other side and not looking happy? I noticed too.

I still like Dean, and I agree Texannie. He wasn't making any excuses. He knows his wishy-washiness was uncool and hurt those ladies. But I don't see any malice or callousness, just immaturity and weakness. I think he can grow out of it, whereas guys who are genuine jerks do not ever out grow it because they really don't care. He is owning his mistake.

Speaking of guys who won't outgrow it -- the Canadian. And the one who dated the young mom. Both seemed unable to own their mistakes. I'm not a fan of either of them.

And yes the proposal was very sweet, but I wanted an update on Wells and the lady he kissed!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
What a wonderful proposal Derek made.

I don't think Wells was being mean Peepers. I thought it was an amusing National Geographic moment and Christen did not seem bothered about it.

Gee I felt sorry for Jack Stone, it was a rather humiliating moment for him and Christen didn't seem too bothered about it at all.

Daniel was totally caught out with that producer moment. I think he felt pressured to have a connection with Lacey but he should have just been honest. It's going to be a special sort of girl to take him on.

Sorry still don't get the Dean hate. He was not hiding anything. It's exactly what he said, the women should not be mad at each other just at him. And they chose to stay with it knowing about each other.

I really had to laugh every time one of them said oh we've been thru soo much together. It's two weeks for crying out loud!

Hayley and Emily are just immature and looking for their own show.

Loved the Ben and Zeus segment. He's found the one!

Plus I am totally surprised about Raven and Adam, but they certainly looked more into each other than Derek and Taylor body language wise.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I noticed that about the two couples, too! Raven just couldn't get close enough to Adam when they sat on the couch together. She was practically in his lap. Derek and Taylor, not so much.

Okay, I did get a little teary during the proposal, but I still don't like them. They seem like plastic people to me. Raven and Adam seem so much more real and down to earth.

Finally Ben Z. admits he's in love with his dog! And that is one big dog. Yikes!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, the thing between Kristina, Dean and D-Lo has been going on since June. Kristina and Dean hooked up during the "break" so they were already together when the show resumed filming. So they had been together for about a month before D-Lo made an appearance. And this continued to go on AFTER the end of filming - where he kept flip-flopping back and forth between the two of them. Dean is a hot mess.

I also felt sorry for Jack Stone. Personally, I don't get why all the guys were attracted to Christen and I think he's better off without her. There's something about her that is "off." Jack is a good looking, successful guy - I hope he finds someone who deserves him.

And please ... no more Twinnies!!!! There's a reason no one wants to go out with them.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Christen is just a dingbat. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As for Dean, most fans don't frequent the spoiler sites or know all the behind the scenes stuff, so for most who liked Dean, we'll continue to like him because he seems very sincere. Weak and foolish, but sincere and willing to learn. I think if CBS took the fan's pulse on Dean they would see that we'd still like to see him as the Bachelor. If he can tear himself away from those two gals!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Dean can only continue to flip back and forth if these women allow it! If this was a pattern, these women need to take some ownership in this too. How many times do you take someone back?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just what I was thinking, Texannie. One (or both) of those women needs to say enough and stop taking his calls. Time to get off the merry-go-round.

Brenda, I don't read the spoiler sites, but just what I saw of Dean this summer in Paradise turned me off him. He has a very pretty face, but he doesn't see that what he's doing to those two girls is really cruel. I don't find him at all attractive anymore (well, maybe just his face).

And I totally agree with you, Lexie, on the twins. They did not come off well on either their brief stint in Paradise or on the after show. I would not watch their show if they ever got one. They were probably one of the main reasons I stopped watching Lauren and Ben halfway thru the first episode. They are very immature for their age. Grow up, twinnies!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sometimes an attractive face is enough! :-)