TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: The Bachelor - All Seasons: Archive through September 07, 2017 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Well, Ben Higgins is the next Bachelor. No surprise there.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i was really thrown for a loop when they introduced Nick as the bachelor. my first thought was 'wow...some heads are going to explode here!' LOL

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Ha ha ha...I think they realized that too many people did NOT want to see Nick on any of their shows again.

I hid behind my laptop when he came on, so I wouldn't even have to see him.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, when did they introduce Nick as the next Bachelor? He was never even being considered for it. Ben H. had it locked up (even though TPTB didn't want to admit it).

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
as a joke on After Paradise

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
My roommate's head did explode when she fell for the "Nick as the next bachelor" joke but as I told her it would definitely be a season we would both watch.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ashley S, the weird one from Farmer Chris' season and Paradise is engaged.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Wow...she certainly didn't waste any time, Lakecat.

What's the parrot's name? :P

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol that's exactly what I was thinking!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Great minds, Jas!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I just saw an ad for Worst Cooks in America, the new season, and it will be celebrities. Chris Soles is one of the contestants. Starts Sept 23. Looks like fun. I really enjoy Chris.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Friday, September 18, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I'm glad I saw your post, Spoton. I enjoyed watching his season, too.

I'll have to try to remember to watch this. :-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
First promo of the new Bachelor season is out- and he's seeing double:

http://www.eonline.com/news/716250/get-your-first-look-at-ben-higgins-in-action-as-the-new-bachelor-yep-he-s-perfect-and-there-are-twins

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up no this Wilson.

It was just this morning I was wondering how big a gap there would be, between the end of Survivor and the beginning of Bachelor.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Chris Harrison was on GMA this morning and promised drama for the upcoming Ben Bachelor season -

https://gma.yahoo.com/gma-40-40-chris-harrison-says-drama-season-192208941.html
(there's not much in the link btw, just funny to me watching it all, I mean, can you imagine Chris Harrison saying there is NO DRAMA? I mean we are waiting for the most dramatic Rose Ceremony EVER!! ;0 ) ;) )

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, February 14, 2016 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
There is a special on tonight at 8 pm
Bachelor At 20........A celebration of 20 seasons.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Couldn't find a thread for Trista, but she had a serious medical issue while on a vacation
http://www.today.com/popculture/first-bachelorette-trista-sutter-suffers-seizure-family-vacation-t112292?cid=sm_fb_klg

Mware

09-14-2001

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mware a private message Print Post    
Hey, Bachelor fans! I’ve been thinking about a problem that I’ve had with the show for a while, and I think I’ve come up with a solution. I’m interested to know whether my idea would be watchable. What do you think?

The problem: Sometimes, within just a few weeks, or even less, the Bachelor or Bachelorette has already decided that he or she is only interested in one suitor. This has happened with Jojo, with Caitlin, with Ali, and some others. Once the lead has made their choice, it’s not fair to everyone else, who has put their lives on hold for 2 months, to keep going on group dates, hoping for alone time, and all the other things that go along with progressing on the show. As a viewer, it’s frustrating to hear the lead’s confessionals as the group gets thinned. “I’m really conflicted. I don’t know what I’m going to do tonight. I’ll just have to follow my heart.” Bollocks! You’ve already made up your mind, you’ve told the producers, and now you’re just doing what they tell you to get to the end. Enough with the teary montage during the final episode about how the lead could see a future with both suitors, and both make spouse material, and both are the answers their heart has been looking for. Enough!

The solution: What if, before each rose ceremony, Chris sits down with the lead and asks, “Do you want to continue with this amazing journey? (To fill his quota of using each of those words in every episode) Or have you made up your mind and want to jump to your final rose? If the lead wants to jump to the final rose, Chris calls the chosen suitor out to the garden, lets the lead give their speech, and then the lead asks “Will you accept my final rose?” If the suitor says yes, the two move into a nearby house, and spend the rest of normal taping time getting to know one another better, go on more dates, get filmed the whole time, and give us 15 minute updates each week. Each week, either party can call off the courtship and they both go home. If neither does, then, at the end of normal filming time, they have another ceremony, and there can be the proposal, announcement of intent, etc.

If the lead says no, that they're not ready yet, then there's a normal rose ceremony and the season continues as usual.

Meanwhile, if the lead does give a final rose, when he or she moves out of the house, production brings back all the eliminated suitors to that point, and they join the remaining suitors in pursuing a new lead, who has already been selected by the producers, and was waiting for their call-up.

In this way, there could conceivably be a perpetual season of Bachelor or Bachelorette going on. And if there’s not, then they can just switch. In other words, if a Bachelorette goes all the way to the final two and makes their selection, then they end production on that “season,” choose a new Bachelor, and start all over again. But if not, then there could just be a revolving door of leads, each staying for 3 weeks, or 5 weeks, or 7 weeks, or whatever, leaving the house to go to their one on one pad, and being replaced by another lead.

Does this work? Would this be better? Most important, would you watch?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Love that idea!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
"But if not, then there could just be a revolving door of leads, each staying for 3 weeks, or 5 weeks, or 7 weeks, or whatever, leaving the house to go to their one on one pad, and being replaced by another lead. "
============================================

This show only takes about 6-8 weeks to film (depending how much traveling they do) from beginning to end - with the exception of BIP which is filmed in 18 days. You also have to remember that the "dates" and trips are scheduled months in advance by production before the season even starts - when production doesn't even know who the lead is going to be or who he/she is going to keep (or pick for his/her F4).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show is all about money and selling ad time (as is most TV). The producers would never do this, since it would severely cut their advertising revenue.

As I've said before, I don't really watch this show for the "love story" as much as I do for the beautiful clothes, the fabulous dates and the gorgeous places they go. I really don't expect them to get married.

In addition, how is the Bach/ette supposed to make a final decision without test driving at least three of them in the Fantasy Suites/Overnight Dates? You don't buy a car without taking it for a spin!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 21, 2017 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... the show would never end under that scenario.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sure where to put this, but the new Bachelor has been announced. It's
Arie Luyendyk from Emily's season. It's been so long since her season I barely remember him.

http://www.wcvb.com/article/rev-up-your-engines-bachelor-nation-next-bachelor-named/12191579

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info. I think it was a few times in the past that he was almost the bachelor. I think they took Juan Pablo over him.

He was on so long ago and he still hasn't found anybody, doesn't bode well for him seriously finding somebody on this show.

But, I'd rather watch him than Peter.:-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 07, 2017 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that's from out in left field!