TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor in Paradise - 2017: Archive through August 19, 2017 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
If BIP is as racy as I have heard I am shocked it starts at 8!!! you would think this would be a 9 or 10pm show!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, Evans is a well-to-do doctor who specializes in Urology.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh Thx Lexie!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Carly and Evan just got married!

(On the show of course.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the wedding.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She's also pregnant.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Carly and Evan's entire segment had me in tears.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was great that the Shaman (sp?) from their one on one date surprised them. They clearly loved it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'll admit. I cried during Carly and Evan's wedding. It was sweet. I'm happy for them.

Meanwhile, night two started out like a BIP Afterschool Special. "Kids, it's important to always confirm consent!" As staged and contrived as this segment was, it really impressed on me how good Harrison is at his job. I don't know how much they pay him, but he's worth every penny.

This is the point where the wheels start to fall off everyone's relationship. Invariably there's always one person who is WAY more into the relationship than the other person (Jasmine & Matt--he liked her at first, but she's starting to be a little crazy/possessive). I just want to tell Jasmine to relax a little bit and not try so hard.

And then there's poor clueless Alex. He's really a good-looking guy, but looks can only take you so far. Too bad there's not a gym that can help you develop your personality as much as those muscles. When Alexis and ??? were making Alex jokes as Amanda and Alex, I was laughing out loud. They were mean, but funny. "Are my children taller than you?" "At least we can wear the same pants."

Next week should be good. I love this show so much. I really don't think it's as "sleazy" as everyone seems to think. They don't really show anything on camera (just kissing), and it's fun to watch the relationships develop and grow--or fall apart. And the scenery is so gorgeous!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
A couple more thoughts. Iggy (WTH is his real name anyway?) seems like he's more into being with the guys than the girls. As one of the girls said, he seems like he just wants to get a rose so he can continue hanging around with his buddies.

And I keep forgetting Diggy (really, what is HIS name?) is there. He seems like such a nice guy, but he's not at all aggressive about getting to know anyone. Somebody needs to spend some time with Diggy. He seems like someone who has something to offer. And just how many pairs of glasses did Diggy bring to Paradise? Looks like as many as Robby brought swimsuits.

And I wonder how long before Derek gets to see Taylor's overbearing, controlling personality? Run, Derek, run! Arguing with the other girl (Alexis?) over how to pronounce "entrepreneur" was just obnoxious. Taylor has a deep need to be right all the time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
BJM, I've heard that Chris Harrison gets paid somewhere about $650,000 a year (which seems about right since he's been doing the show for 15 years). That's a lot of money to say "___________, this is your last rose."

What I like about this show is that it is a little more organic and the relationships aren't forced and they aren't coached to say what they say in their ITMs. Production just kind of "rolls with it" on this show and lets the cast dictate how the show is going to play out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a really cool version. Everyone is so much more relaxed. I'd love Chris Harrison's job!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Is he an exec-producer on the show?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, he might be. I honestly don't know because I don't read the credits but I wouldn't be surprised if he is - especially raking in that kind of dough.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 17, 2017 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yes, he is and I am really surprised that he doesn't make more.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tex, I heard that $650,000 figure several years ago so it it entirely possible Chris Harrison makes more money.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Plus he gets all the perks of traveling to all the exotic locations and actually doing very little work while he's there. I think he plays a lot of golf. But you have to admit, he's really good at his job. He's really good at seeming to care about everyone, even when you can tell sometimes that he doesn't really like them.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 18, 2017 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Who knows how involved he is behind the scenes. Maybe very.

I miss Jorge already! Wells is nice, but I liked the dynamic with Jorge that past seasons contestants had.

Love the cheeseball credits as usual, especially Amanda being chased by the 🍕! Lol

I think Jasmine needs to pump the brakes and I hope one of her friends has a word with her. Poor Diggy no one seems to know him. And yup Iggy (maybe short for Ignacius) just seems to want to hang with the bros. I thought he was a pretty dull character on Rachel's season too. Why is no one spending any time with Ben? And Robby ick. Something about him is just to Herb Tarleky.

And the wedding was so lovely and sweet. Had to get the tissue out.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm still convinced Robby is gay.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I watched the last 2 eps. Not sure I like it enough to continue 4hrs a week. but I shall see

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ps what is it about the name Raven that makes them so annoying on reality tv!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I doubt it will be 4 hours a week. Should only be on Mondays going forward I believe.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhhh I thought it was 2 hrs 2 days a week

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
IIRC, it does run 2 hours each on Monday & Tuesday. It's a pretty short summer show. Will be all done by the middle of Sept, in time for Dancing with the Stars to commence.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh my, It is on both Mon and Tues this week. Wow! So much booze and tears and fun to be had! :-)