TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Rachel: Archive through August 08, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 07, 2017 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was super strange to put Peter go through that..

As for BIP.. I thought they handled a serious issue with such goes over the publicity!

I am not a parent so probably I just can't get the attraction of this show in terms of young people being encourage to participate, but there must be some value I am not getting.

But then, I watched this mess, didn't I?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Unless Peter gets hit by a train, he is the next Bachelor. He was out in LA a few weeks back to meet with the producers. They will probably announce it at the end of BIP.

That whole "I'm not sure I'm ready to get engaged" was his whole story line for his season. When Peter opens his season, we will get a diatribe about how he wasn't ready to get engaged when he was on Rachel's season, but he's ready now.

... and so it goes

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I feel like they were setting up Eric to be the next Bachelor. The whole 'i didn't know what love was, Rachel showed me i can love. I am ready to find love' sure sounded like it would be him.
Have they had an African American bachelor?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would rather see Eric as the new Bachelor than Peter.

Peter was too testy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Meh, neither of them would be my choice. That's one thing I agreed with Rachel on, this isn't the right setting for Peter.

I hope they don't do the finale in this manner again, it was strange.

Re BIP, sorry Sea I didn't really follow what you were saying in your post. I'm not a parent either but I sure wouldn't want my kid on this if I were! But these people are all adults, late 20s and a range of 30 s mostly.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
BIP makes much more sense than the Bachelor/Bachelorette. It's a bunch of people getting together and seeing which couples work rather than watching one person date 25 people with an (almost) mandatory engagement at the end.

I'm sorry to say this Bachelorette was probably the season I liked the least. Not a lot of sincerity and not much humor or fun either. Too bad. I thought Rachel would be fun to watch.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The engagement puts a lot of pressure on things, but I think if you go on this show you should already know that (uh um Peter).

This was a bit of a dull season and I can't exactly pinpoint why. Seems like we didn't see a lot of personality from the guys. I know they have it, it just wasn't shown.

And yes, I think Eric would be a better Bachelor than Peter. But I'm still hoping for Dean!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, it's not that this was the wrong setting for Peter. Production and Peter were setting up his story line for being the Bachelor. He had no connection with Rachel and he knew she wasn't going to pick him and he knew he wasn't going to ever propose to her. Her connection with Bryan was obvious since the first day of filming.

And I called it. I said at the beginning of the season that Rachel had the potential to be the most boring Bachelorette in history. She did not prove me wrong. This season was just awful (but to be perfectly honest I don't like the Bachelorette as much as I do the Bachelor).

Brenda, Dean is going to be on BIP and due to certain "events" that happened on BIP (and are happening post-BIP filming) he has zero shot at ever becoming the Bachelor.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The season was dull as old dishwater.

Lexie - during the show I do not read any spoilers or want to hear about production etc. I stick my head in the sand and watch it with blinders on. It's just a personal preference for me. If I was to read all that info there would be zero point in watching. It spoils it for me to think of it as so scripted.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't look forward to Peter being the next Bachelor. I find him way too serious and boring. And I'm way tired of hearing how he isn't ready to propose.

Rachel and Bryan looked happy, but don't they all on the final rose show. His upbeat personality seemed to best fit hers. Wondering why they say they may relocate to LA . . when they both have great careers in Dallas/Miami.

Eric's choice of footwear for the rose ceremony made me cringe (white sneakers w/black suit).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Maybe they think they can parlay their Bachelorette stint in to some sort of career. Either that or it's to get away from his mom. It's funny everything that Rachel was saying about getting to know each other in RL etc was everything Peter was saying but without the engagement.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rachel is crazy is she leaves Dallas for LA. She has a great job with a great firm in Dallas. Andi Dorfmann made the big mistake of quitting her job (after the D.A.'s office held it for her while she was filming) because she thought she would find fame and fortune as some sort of "entertainment reporter" only to find out that no one really liked her all that much outside the franchise.

Now I do see Rachel getting on DWTS. There is no way ABC will miss the chance to promote the first black Bachelorette on DWTS. As far as I know, only two other women from this franchise made it on DWTS - Trista (because she was the first Bachelorette and it was DWTS's first season) and Deanna(? - I think that's her name - a last minute fill-in for someone who was injured).

It will be interesting to see if Kaitlyn loses her mind again on Twitter if Rachel is allowed on DWTS. She went off on Mike Fleiss about casting Nick for the show when his only purpose for being the Bachelor was to get on DWTS. Kaitlyn was approached about being on it after her season and had a contract ready to sign and Fleiss and Company squashed it. She absolutely lost her mind on Twitter when they cast Nick. So we could have us some DWTS drama on Twitter this summer.

Jasper, the only way I can watch this shit-show is if I read the spoilers. Then you realize how this is such total B.S. You see the show in a whole new light if you know how heavily it is "produced." Ironically, BIP is the one show that isn't overly-produced. Go figure.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Xmas and Josh had their morning download around 10:07am. Josh brought up that Paul mentioned he heard Xmas thinks he is protecting Elena. The talk some more and agree their conversations are just between them.

I think they have a good secret alliance and I know others disagree, but I really like the way they communicate. They let each other talk and they listen.

Mrstaz

07-20-2006

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mrstaz a private message Print Post    
You can't say there was no connection with the emotion Peter showed. I respect how he values a proposal seriously and the meaning behind it. Others have not proposed. Rachel's actions last night actually looked like she still has feelings for Peter. Interesting how the reasoning behind why Peter wanted to wait to propose Rachel wants to do with Bryan now.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Missyb, Big Brother is next door.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Eric would be better than Peter, I guess.. They seem determined to limit the possibilities each season, especially when they include people who are there for drama like Lee and Whaboom.

I agree about this season.

And with Peter, she needed to cut him way earlier.

He was clear that he wasn't going to propose, so either accept him that way, or not. Stop agonizing and move on.

I guess it was even harder for all of us who were spoiled and knew who she picked to sit through the angst and drama.

And having an already engaged Rachel forced to watch the show on air? Really?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Who knows, Bryan could be her one true love. <snicker> They did seem fairly comfortable with each other.... as opposed to Nick and Vanessa.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Best part of bachelorette....peter saying he had to look at her fake eyelashes for 2 days (after she cried off her eyelashes)

....and, to make it even funnier, this was a serious moment.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't see Peter as the next bachelor. For the same reasons he was not able to commit to Rachel, he would not be able to commit to someone else after 9(?) weeks. He's not built that way.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, that is "Peter's story line" for his season. How upon reflecting on his relationship with Rachel and "what could have been," now he is ready for a relationship (and after three hours on his first night with his 25-30 women, he just "knows his wife is in that room). This was all set up by producers.

I think y'all are losing sight of the fact that 97% of what you see in confessionals/talking heads is set up by producers. They knew since the beginning of the season that unless Peter turned out to be a total douchebag, they would make him the next Bachelor. The gig is his for the taking. If he's not the next Bachelor, it is because he turned it down (which is highly unlikely that will ever happen). It was reported a couple of weeks ago that he has already been out in LA meeting with production.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm not just disappointed, I'm thoroughly irritated. That she would be sobbing and crying her eyelashes off over Peter, and then less than 24 hours later accept Bryan's proposal and tell him she loves him, just annoys the crap out of me. I feel like Rachel just lost all the credibility she seemed to have.

Also I hated the new format with the ATFR interspersed with the show. It made the show drag even more than usual. I kept looking at the time and thinking, "How much longer is this going to drag on?"

Until he actually came on stage and said he and Rachel hadn't seen each other since they "broke up" in Spain, I was convinced Peter was going to show up and propose the next day. I just never saw her with Bryan, and his mother is going to make Rachel's life a nightmare. They're going to have to move clear across the country.

Just thoroughly disappointed. Ugh.

Bring on Bachelor in Paradise.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
And see, I thought whenever Rachel was with Bryan that she "lit up" unlike when she was with any of the other guys. I thought she had a connection with him that she didn't have with any of the other guys. Do I think they will last? Probably not. But I do think she's happy with him ... for now.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's because you read the spoilers, Lexie, and knew where this show was going. I don't read the spoilers, because I like to pretend that this is all real and they're actually going to fall in love. Mike Fleiss wouldn't like to me, would he?

Actually the real reason I watch this show is for the exotic dates and the beautiful locations. But what the heck was up with that castle where they staged the final rose?! Poor Rachel's hair was blowing around like it was a hurricane up there. They should have moved it inside. I was so distracted by her hair blowing all over the place!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the gale force winds were a distraction. LOL. I would have grabbed his hand and walked inside or around the side of a building. They looked miserable! Wind is not pretty.

They can script a lot, but I don't think they can script those tears. I agree Mrstaz -- I think her annoyance with Peter last night shows that he did get under her skin. She was hurt by his "mediocre life" statement.

I'm so ready for BIP. I do not think Peter will make a great Bachelor. I hope they are gaging audience response and pick someone else!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's what I didn't like about this season. There is always a lack of sincerity among some of the people but this season reeked of it.