TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Rachel: Archive through July 25, 2017 users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought the dad was on when she was on the Bachelor.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
No he wasn't on that either.

I think Peter is her best choice. I agree with Jags assessment of Eric. He seems like a very young guy. Not quite right for her. And Bryan, well Rachel met his mother. I don't understand her need to be engaged and on her way to the altar at the end. If Peter is the right man for her she can grow with him to that point.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sure her Dad could have been on the show if he wanted to be on the show. He just didn't want to be on the show. Same thing about their house. He's a judge. It's not a secret. He's not an undercover officer, a spy or in the witness protection program.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It is a huge security issue - there are a lot of CRAZY people out there on the interwebs. There is no way her father, a sitting federal judge, was going to appear on the show or film at their house. If RS was able to get pictures and info of the house they rented for the show last night, it would have been just as easy for any internet lunatic to find out where her parents really lived if they filmed at their home.
That being said, her father did meet with the three guys - he just met them off camera.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think he was wise to avoid the cameras.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have no complaint with him avoiding the show if he feels it's inappropriate or against his interests to appear. But it's not like people don't know where judges and lawyers live.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
There is always going to be that whacko out there that thinks Rachel is communicating with him through the TV. It was very wise for her father to not appear on camera and to not film at their family home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why would a "wacko" target him any more than any other person who has ever appeared on the Bachelor or on reality TV in general?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Because judges, and often prosecutors, are often targets of people who have been convicted. Other people don't send so many people to jail.

06-29-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Acronyms that indicate profanity are not permitted at TVCH.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Except Rachel herself is a lawyer. Andi Dorfman was an Assistant District Attorney.

All I'm saying is that lawyers and judges have to accept that they are dealing with unsavory characters on a regular basis. It's not more likely that some criminal is going to target them because of an appearance on The Bachelorette (or if it is, then Andi and others have been willing to risk it). Plus you don't need to see someone's house on TV to figure out where they live. That would be marginally helpful at best.

Anyway, it's certainly within his right not to appear on a show if he doesn't want to do it. I'm just saying that there have been other people who have positions in law enforcement who have been more than willing to appear.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rachel works for a law firm and Andi Dorfman was only an ADA for about 5 minutes before going on the Bachelor. You cannot even compare the security risks for them compared to the security risks for a federal judge.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So you're saying that no U.S. Judges or District Attorneys ever appear on TV? I'm sure that I've seen one or two (or dozens).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't think they appear on trash reality shows like the Bachelor/ette. This show, for all intents and purposes, is a total shit-show as far as reality TV is concerned. But that was not the issue for her father. It was for security reasons. RS even talks about it in his blog. I don't understand why you can't understand that there were security issues for a federal judge? If there weren't, they wouldn't have rented a house for filming her hometown scenes.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The fact is that he did not appear (at his house, rented house, wherever). I'm not sure how his appearance on a "trash reality show" (to use your description) would impact his security when there are pictures of him floating around the internet, including ones of him shaking hands with President Clinton. He just didn't want to be on the show. Which is fine.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know why this is such an issue.

Different judges have different experiences and deal with different kinds of crimes. Some of them are more under attack than others, but IN GENERAL judges and DA's and prosecutors are more at risk than say a doctor.

So it is perfectly understandable that he would not want his HOME shown on this show, or his person.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes according to RS he fears for his safety. I was thinking it is more likely that he just enjoys his privacy and feels the show is beneath him, not dignified or inappropriate. If judges got tense every time a criminal gives them a dirty look, we wouldn't have a criminal justice system.

It's not an issue anymore than the myriad of other stuff we discuss here. This is a discussion board. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seriously. Dismissing him as not being truthful as fearing for his safety is unfair.

We have no idea what he has experienced lately. These things can change daily or weekly.

I just don't get it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I guess you didn't notice the part that I underlined?

Plus I don't see why questioning his motives is such a big deal? We question the truthfulness of public figures here on a regular basis.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Because he's not a part of the show, technically.

That's the difference. I see no need to question, or even a reason to question, his decision not to appear. That's MY opinion.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Generally, the parents appear on the show. It's expected. When they don't appear, it's usually of interest because it is unusual. Unusual things are often interesting and generate discussion.

I'm not trying to convince you to question it. I'm just explaining why I find it interesting.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Maybe Rachel's dad was there and met the guys and just didn't want to appear on camera. Who knows??

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's right. From what I recall hearing, he was there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, like I said. I don't see a reason to cast doubt on his story, because knowing people in those positions, they are often the target of threats, death threats, and sometimes they are attacked with no warning at all.

They work in a place where they have security screening and metal detectors. There's a reason for that.

So, without any *evidence* to indicate that he may be lying, I see no reason to think that he is.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The fact that he was there demonstrates that he wasn't deterred by lack of security or some danger at the taping. Taking him at his word (or at RS's word anyway), he must then be concerned that somehow his appearance on TV would lead to some sort of security risk above what Rachel or anyone else who is appearing on the show faces.

So I guess next week is the men tell all and then the final is the week after?