TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Rachel: Archive through July 25, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I feel bad for Dean.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I give Dean mad props for even taking her there, Letting the world in on his family however it may be. My family is really dysfunctional and we rarely see each other, it may seem sad but sometimes its the way it is.. I think he is adorable and has done well for himself. He will find someone perfect' for him. He's a catch.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Dean really didn't expect to not get a rose.

I feel bad for him. It must have taken a lot for him to expose his family life to her.

I also feel sorry for the dad. I think he just couldn't handle the lingering illness and the death of his wife.

For once we got to see a house and yard that was not impeccably clean.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Dean's family was about as real as it gets on this show. From past shows, I know that that hometown family sometimes 'borrows' a nice house for filming. With Dean's reaction to the house before entering, there was no doubt that this was the Yogi's real house.

I can see both sides of the story. Dean needed his father to step up and be more present in the family relationships. It sounds like the dad escaped into his work, justifying that he needed to make money to feed the family and eventually into the Yogi world.

Neither are wrong, they just need to listen to each other, acknowledge each other's feelings and accept it to move on.

I also think the only reason the dad agreed to be on the show was to show the world his 'religion'.

And no, I don't think Dean expected to get a rose either. He was hopeful, but he knew that his family presented too much baggage. Rachel was very good around them though.

My favorite line of the entire episode... "why is everyone lying on the floor?"

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
seriously, in my house you would have to fight the dogs to find a seat...no kidding. And, I like mung beans...I might have served lentil's..'Oh the horror.. My Daughter would 'pray' never do this to me....ha ha

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
http://www.etonline.com/tv/221756_dean_unglert_
heading_to_bachelor_paradise_following_bachelorette_
elimination/

Dean heading to paradise :-(

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Nooooooooo!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc... trust me. Dean belongs on Paradise. He's a big time tool.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I disagree with you on one point Kooklie: I don't think Dean's dad agreed to be on the show to show the world his religion. I think he did it to see his son and to have his family all together for the first time in 8 years. I think he truly loves his son, he just doesn't know how to express it. So many men think providing financially is the way to show your family you love them. It's part of it, yes, but it's also important to be able to tell them you love them. I just wanted Dean's dad to tell him he was sorry he wasn't there for him. He was struggling, too, after his wife's death. He just wasn't able to be there for his kids, but he could say he was sorry about that. That's another thing so many men (and women) have a hard time with.

I truly think Rachel made a mistake choosing Peter over Dean, especially after she told Dean she was falling in love with him. That was cruel. Peter still has walls up. I just don't think he's ready.

I'm glad Dean is going to Paradise. I hope he meets a nice girl there. They've had more marriages come out of just 2 seasons of BIP than they have on the Bachelor! Maybe he'll meet his ONE in Mexico.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PS. As much as I love Dean, he looked like he borrowed his little brother's suit to wear to the Rose Ceremony. Pretty tight fit!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
PPS. Just remember that BIP is the show that made a lot of us change our minds about Nick Viall. He was so sweet on BIP, the way he befriended the girls and gave them advice about guys. He became much more likable and came back to be the next Bachelor. It could happen to Dean, too!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheaffersblog

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess Dean's got time to resolve this messy love triangle he got into in BIP before being the next Bachelor. The thing is the next Bachelor season after this upcoming Bachelor season won't shoot until Fall 2018. And that's assuming no one worthy comes out of Bachelorette Spring 2018 worthy of being the next Bachelor. By then, Dean could be a distant memory. At this point, it would appear Dean's chances of being the Bachelor in Fall 2018 are slim to none.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Although I like Dean, I still think he's too young to be the Bachelor. Don't know who that leaves. I'm not swooning over any of Rachel's final guys.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I don't get the Dean love (but maybe I'm reading too many spoilers - LOL)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
They can always have Nick come back to be the bachelor for a second time.

<ducks and runs>

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Where are you Grooch?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Eieeeeeee!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch ran for the hills!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
No, no, no, no, no.....you aren't suppose to say that!!!!!

Uh...oh...where is dad??

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't think her dad would be on because of being a judge.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Well, Rachel's overnight dates started....i like Eric but he is soo unsophisticated and inexperienced with a woman of Rachel's status, not that she's better than anyone else, that they would never work out. He's cute and witty and can be charming but he's a no-no for her. Peter confessed to Rachel's mother that he isn't ready to get engaged because engagement and wedding are synonymous to him. Bryan was smooth with her family and they read him loud and clear. He's a charmer.
Rachel and Eric enjoyed the Fantasy Suite and seemed happy the next morning. The show ended with Rachel and Peter talking about their differences about engagement and marriage. They had a good day date.
They flew to Spain after meeting her family . Next week is WTA.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sorry, MTA

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 24, 2017 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
MTA looks to be unpleasant from the previews. I had repressed my traumatic memories of several of them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rachel's father couldn't be on the show because he is a federal judge. In fact, that wasn't even their real family home. The show rented a home that was for sale for "security reasons."