TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Caution Spoilers - 2017 Bachelor in Paradise Caution : Archive through June 21, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As for intervention by police, yep, and restraining orders are so often worthless and women are hunted down. It is a huge concern. I have talked to very frustrated police officers. Some don't get it, others do.

But this BIP thing is far from DV. This is on camera, not a relationship. Corrine is a victim of her own behavior, apparently enabled by rich parents, a servant who allows herself to be used, and now the whole Bachelor Nation franchise. And apparently a boyfriend willing to put up with her going back on camera. Anything for money and attention.

I think all the drinking, napping and smirking on the first show, intermingled with aggressive behavior toward Nick shows what she is about.

So she is being used for sure.

But while the producers may share some blame, what about mom, dad, Nanny and boyfriend kept them from staying an intervention before she went on BIP?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As for BIP, now that this issue has come up and I have read more about this show.. In am even less likely to watch and don't get what is fun about it.

Of course I still watch the two original series, so I cannot congratulate myself for the quality of what I watch. Still it isn't fun, just head shaking fascination. And Sheaffer's blog..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, no, no.

A woman who is raped when drunk is NOT a victim of her own behavior. She is a victim of a CRIME.

Because someone behaves improperly does not mean that it's okay to commit crimes against them, or that they are any less a victim. Hookers can be raped too.

If Corinne was too drunk to remember, IMO, she was too drunk to consent.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's a cynical case of economics I think:

Warner Bros. looked at the numbers, and decided it's easier- based on the info they have (and I agree, they should at least release some of the raw footage so we know what happened)- to do the season and deal with the lawsuits than scrap the season and deal with the issues there (ABC would be ticked off, the franchise as a whole could have been damaged- if it hasn't already been, plus the sunk costs they've already put into production and any costs they'd have to make to the production crew to compensate for the lost work).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I don't trust her statement about not remembering.

If I was the crisis counselor then I would take her at face value, accept her statement and support her. I have done that. And done it well. I wasn't the cops, or the forensic examiner, nurse, doctor..

But that isn't my role in this discussion. She frustrates me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If the tapes don't indicate that she was impaired, it's harder to blame people for not stepping in.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think Wilson is spot on.

It may be less about whether she was impaired and more about the finances.

They likely think they can buy her off.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is Corinne still suing them?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She hadn't filed the lawsuit yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't watch these shows but, of course, I heard about this. I guess I just don't get why she was even on the show since she already had a boyfriend.

It is so odd to me the morals and need to be famous that we see in the "young-ins" these days. Is this just an LA phenomenon? Do kids in other states still get "real" jobs and go to work every day?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Corinne lives in Florida, I think.

But it baffles me, too, about so many who go on shows with the intent of coupling up, while claiming a partner back home.. And with some it seems the intent is to present a challenge, then break up on tv.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The show must go on! I'm glad they are not scrapping BIP. I don't trust Corrine based on her past behaviors. I don't necessarily trust him either. I hope they are both banned from any future Bachelor events. Goodbye drama queens! Let the beach fun begin!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we dont know if Corrine is being truthful when she says she doesnt remember. Im not saying she is lying but that is a possibility. Im sure the lawyers looked at the tapes with a fine tooth comb

also, this WHOLE thing could have been to bring publicity to the show....this story has been on tmz daily for a week

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure the lawyers did look it over. And then they may well have said, you can pay her off and continue the show.

Considering that millions of dollars were at stake if they shut down the show, I'm guessing that even if there was some misconduct, they might well decide to go forward.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
well if she truly felt violated and takes a pay off then she gives a bad name to women and truly shows the type of girl she is

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't understand that.

If she feels violated, and she takes compensation, rather than going through a lengthy and embarrassing court case (that often only revictimizes you), how does that make her a bad person?

Isn't that her choice? I hope it would be.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think because she took and was taking pay for being so sexually aggressive, say beyond what others on the first show were exhibiting.. I don't watch the second show to know how she compares, but she was willing to be part of a hookup storyline with a stranger, for pay.

If they pay her for the season she now won't be on, that would be more than she was guaranteed, since I gather people get booted.. But that seems reasonable.

If she gets some large payoff for claiming she is irreparably damaged, I just don't buy it.

And women who are truly damaged are likely to be hit by a backlash.

And she was clearly being protected in People while he was named. Total double standard, reversed from the usual.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It seems that TLC is advertising a show called Spouse House.. Eggs intent of which is to produce marriages..

Could be competition.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is nothing wrong with liking sex. There is nothing wrong with being provocative. There is nothing wrong with being paid for it.

None of that means you should be negatively labeled or judged. THAT is the double standard.

And it shouldn't mean that if someone violates you, it gets blown off because you somehow deserved it.

These are very archaic views of women and sexuality.

No matter how active you are, you can still be violated. No matter how much you flirt, you can still be violated. No matter how provocative you are, you can still be violated.

If you come on to someone and change your mind at the last minute, you STILL have the right to say no.

What's damaging to women is the old notions that women who like sex are immoral.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Karuuna.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess the whole "violating" thing is throwing me off in this situation - because she was sitting on his face.

(I honestly never thought I would ever type those words)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Some reports say that, others say something else.

Without seeing the tapes, how do you know which is true?

And even if she was, what difference would that make? If she was too drunk to remember that, she was too drunk to consent.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So a drunk woman sits on a man's face and he is violating her?

So if a drunk man sat on a woman's face would she be violating him? I just can't see that getting much traction.

I'm still back on how they accurately determine that she is too drunk to consent if she is still visibly awake, active and visibly a willing participant. Even if she were to lay back and close her eyes ... well some people do that when they are enjoying themselves.

She can say that she doesn't remember after the fact (and she may be telling the truth) but there may have been no way for them to tell at the time it happened.

Just to be clear, I'm fully in agreement that a person shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of an unwilling victim. It's just a very gray area in this situation whether or not the person appears unwilling. It's not like she was asleep or passed out and he walked up to her and started assaulting her.

Of course, if they could clearly see that she wasn't giving consent and didn't do anything, that would be reprehensible.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Honestly, if I was that drunk, I would have just gotten off his face and gone to my room and passed out - but that's just me.

But you know they looked at the tape, they interviewed everyone including Raven and Jasmine (who said Corinne was full of shit) and Demario said he wanted the tape released - and after all was said and done Warner Bros. brought the show back - so there's that.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep. And none of us have seen the tape so we can speculate on 1000 different scenarios but really we have no idea. I suspect a case of drunken remorse. If a woman changes her mind 24 hours later is that okay? :-(