TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 20, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Caution Spoilers - 2017 Bachelor in Paradise Caution : Archive through June 20, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Here we go. Here is Jasmine's take on what happened while they were in Mexico . Like I said above, I thought it was very odd that the women "unfollowed" Corinne (because followers are everything to this group) and that Corinne's publicist fired her.

Jasmine rips Corinne

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That Corinne didn't say anything immediately after doesn't mean anything. If she was unable to give consent, she was unlikely to remember what happened.

I won't join in with blaming the alleged victim until we know more. It happens too often.

That she doesn't remember what happened does not mean she was not violated.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Honestly Kar, I don't know what to think at this point. While I would never blame the victim, I think what is happening is the people that were out there are saying she is lying about "blacking out" because she needed a way out to explain this to her BF back home. Clearly, something happened out there that we aren't privy to.

I don't know - I honestly don't know.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hear you, but they have tapes. I think either the tapes are inconclusive or they back her story.

I think if the tapes had shown that she was clearly able to give consent, they would have shown them to her and not shut down. They lost a lot of money by shutting down.

So we'll have to wait and see. Although we may never know. My next guess is that they will settle and make it go away.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see how they handle this on MTA and ATFR. I'm assuming DeMario will not be on MTA and with this show's history of not acknowledging anything, I can almost see Chris Harrison either not saying BIP is canceled, or he may say it is canceled but won't talk about the reason why.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
RS did make a correction in yesterday's column. Corinne's publicist didn't fire her, Corinne fired her publicist.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 16, 2017 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought this was interesting, given our line of discussion:

‘There was hugging and kissing and touching, but before long, she seemed to go limp and was sliding under water. Demario kept trying to hold her up and at the same time he appeared to be having intercourse with her. After he finished – which only lasted a few seconds – he lifted her out of the water and laid her on the cement, where he proceeded to have oral sex with her.

‘She appeared to be unconscious,’ says the source. ‘At that point some of the crew came out and carried her off to her room. She was limp and seemed unable to walk on her own.'

Note that he says he remembers the entire encounter. She says she remembers nothing.

Also, note that she was so drunk even hours afterward, that some thought she needed medical attention.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4599856/Corinne-limp-DeMario-hook-up.html

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What is disturbing is that if this third party thought she was being assaulted, why didn't they intervene right then and there? And what about the other contestants -- although I can understand them not stepping in as Corrine is not the kind of woman to take kindly to someone telling her she's had enough to drink or needs to dial it back.
Honestly, I'm glad I don't have sons as women can really twist things around, change their mind. And yet as the parent of a daughter I worry about her safety at every turn. I have a friend who sat on the board at a college and reviewed claims of sexual misconduct and she said it was very eye opening. She said nearly every case involved alcohol.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I just read the article above. Seems like all of the reacting was delayed. Was everyone afraid to step up and do something? It's mind boggling. These are not teenagers. These are adults. Someone should have stepped in before things went so off the rails.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here you go, Brenda1966! Evan and Carly's wedding went on as scheduled in Mexico, officiated by Chris Harrison and filmed by ABC for later airing:

http://www.eonline.com/news/861078/bachelor-in-paradise-stars-evan-bass-and-carly-waddell-get-married-in-mexico-amid-show-drama

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, the thing about intervening is people usually don't step up, until ONE person does. And then everyone does.

Recently, I was sitting on the patio (facing the street) of a local brew pub with a friend. There were about a dozen folks out there. A young woman with an obviously inebriated boyfriend were comign down the other side of the street, arguing. There was some pushing and shoving.

When they got to the car, there was more arguing, and we all sat there. Watching. At some point, he started the car, with her standing at the open driver's side door, he started to back up out of the spot, hitting her with the door. There was more yelling, he pulled the keys and threw them at her, and it was at that point, after convincing someone else to call 911, I headed over.

As soon as *I* got up and walked over, others started coming with me.

But it wasn't until one of us, who happened to be trained in domestic violence, got up that anyone else did.

There's a kind of inertia, when you are thinking 'is this really happening', 'what should I do?' 'am I at risk if I get involved.' When one person moves, that breaks the spell for all the observers.

Now, in this situation, these were employees watching. On the one hand, they probably are trained to get salacious video. It may in fact make them slow to respond to a bad situation.

It's human nature, unfortunately. It seems to be less natural for us to get involved.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Well, domestic violence is one thing, but your drunken friend drinking themselves to black out is another. I would not intervene in domestic violence other than to call 911 because I'm afraid I would get shot. A good friend who was drinking too much I would try to get them to stop. but I don't think Corrine would listen to that anyways. But I would hope my daughters friends would step in if she were acting like that.

But yes, I understand the spectator behavior. It takes that one brave person to step up. But BIP is supposed to be a group of friends and people that know each other. Not stranger. So slightly different.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Babyjax! I'm so happy the wedding went on as planned. I'd love it if we were shown it during after the rose or the guys tell all show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Unless the guy was taken away and/or she is in a safe place AND is ready to be done with him and able ..she may be the one to pay for intervention.

If course if it is life threatening, there really is no choice but to intervene (along with 911).

But DC is the toughest to deal with and most dangerous.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Regardless of whether you think something worse might happen later, you still need to intervene. Intervention at that moment shows the woman that his behavior is inappropriate. Then you also have an opportunity to let her know it's not her fault and to offer counseling. That's how the local police handle any domestic violence situation. They always call in a counselor at that moment. You can't just look away and let her get run over.

As for the drinking and sex situation, again you have to understand that they are put into an artificial situation where that behavior is encouraged for the sake of ratings. Again that makes people more reluctant to get involved. It's not like when you're just hanging out with your friends.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Warner Bros. has finished their investigation:

-the tapes do not reveal any misconduct (though they won't release them out or respect to the people involved)

-production will resume, with new procedures in place (so the season is back on apparently)

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/20/bachelor-in-paradise-tapes-do-not-reveal-misconduct-says-studio/

(as an aside, apparently before everything happened, the plan was to bring in two women from the Australian version of the Bachelor, but no word if that's still on or not)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they are bringing everyone back or just starting over from scratch?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised given the accounts I've read. I presume the lawsuits will go on.

Just because Warner doesn't think there was misconduct doesn't mean there wasn't any "legally."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It sounds like the interviews that Raven and Jasmine gave this weekend held some weight and influenced Warner Bros.' decision. They basically said that Corinne was full of shit and Demario did nothing wrong. (Demario always did say "show the tape".)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just told my sister and mother that the show is back on. They both replied that they must have slipped Corrine a lot of money.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lexiegirl, how can Corrine be full of shit if she didn't remember anything and it was a producer who complained?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I have no idea. I wasn't there but Raven and Jasmine who were there pretty much said Corinne was full of shit. (Remember - the producer NEVER witnessed anything)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Right, but it was two producers who filed complaints, not Corinne. As far as I've heard Corinne hasn't filed any charges. She has a lawyer, but that's to be expected in a situation like this.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
People Magazine's article didn't mention Corinne by name, yet they named DeMario. Totally unfair.

Grooch, Corinne may be covering her own ass, though she usually uncovers her hoody parts.

We only have her word that she doesn't remember.