TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Caution Spoilers - 2017 Bachelor in Paradise Caution : Archive through June 15, 2017 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 12, 2017 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And if she is the one who approached him, would he know she was beyond consent?

If the producers have them the "role" of booking up on the show and they accepted the role, it gets sticky.

Mostly I fault producers. I would like to see This wake up production on any number of reality shows that tend to push alcohol and reward those who do hook up on camera.

They need to realize that a long detailed contract doesn't, or shouldn't, absolve production from any consequences.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is why I absolutely love UnReal.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I think we're entering CYA mode here- now there are rumors the producer who filed the complaint wasn't there when the incident happened, never saw any video of the incident, and got the information about the incident secondhand...

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Corrine has released a statement:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/14/corinne-olympios-bachelor-paradise-statement/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's official: no BIP this summer. I was hoping they'd be able to resume filming. We'll see what affect (if any) this incident has on production of the Bach franchise as a whole. Maybe they'll be inclined to back off the alcohol a bit.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm super disappointed in so many ways. I wanted to see Carly's wedding. This is my summer guilty pleasure. This was... :-( I'm hoping ABC can reflect on their role in this.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I see Corrine's lawyers getting rich while spinning what happened in the pool.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, her laywers are going to cash in and what becomes of her?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If the producers were, by their own rules, required to stop the behavior, then both people have a lawsuit.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Babyjax- it's probably easier in the normal series because there's only one person of one sex there and he or she is part of just about everything filmed so things can be controlled a lot more. BIP (and earlier, Bachelor Pad) has pretty much even men/women, and not all of them are the focus all the time.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No worries, Brenda! The article that I read said that ABC was still committed to filming Carly's wedding. We'll still see it in some form or other (don't think they could make it a stand-alone special).

I hope this was a big wakeup call to the producers that you can't put people in this situation and let them drink unlimited amounts of alcohol without some kind of supervision. Corinne is saying she doesn't even remember much of what happened that day (probably DeMario doesn't either). They're lucky they've never had anyone drown in the pool after all the alcohol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
So I was just catching up on some articles on RS's site and something caught my attention. He said that Corinne's publicist has now "fired her" and that several of the contestants have now "unfollowed" Corinne on social media (and social media and followers are everything with this franchise).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Who was the guy that got thrown out of BiP.

He was so drunk he collapsed on the beach and spent the night there.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Lexie- that sounds so petty if that's true about the contestants (because it basically implies they're unfollowing her out of spite because she "wrecked everything for everyone else"- she's making a serious claim here)

I read that a 2nd producer has filed a complaint as well...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Let's keep in mind that millions of Americans drink and meet members of the opposite sex every night of the week, all without chaperones and adult supervision.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Agreed Wilson. What makes it even more shitty is that these girls have now unfollowed Corinne "because she wrecked everything" when it turns out that Corinne and five of the other girls that went out there had boyfriends back home. But she ruined their "brand" because they will not be getting their camera time.

But I do wonder why her publicist fired her. That's odd.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the issue here is that they had signed an agreement that was not enforced. It's a contractual matter as well as one of possible sexual abuse.

I don't know why this should be minimized because other people are out there without that protection?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Can you tell me more about the signed agreement that some are saying wasn't enforced? I haven't seen it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, of course it's not available.. but perhaps the words of a veteran producer will help:

Unequivocally, it is your responsibility as a producer to step in when a cast member is intoxicated beyond the ability to make good and safe choices. We are, in a sense, creating an environment in a house reality show and when you create an environment like that, you have a responsibility to those within it to protect their safety.

and

That, to me, is the smoking gun as to why a franchise worth hundreds of millions of dollars was shut down. There is videotaped evidence of the entire transgression, and they have the ability to go back and watch everything that happened and everything that led up to what happened. If it was totally fine, why would they have shut down the set?

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bachelor-in-paradise-scandal-reality-shows-producer-1202464687/

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's odd that the producer making the complaint didn't step in.

The problem is that drunken behavior is rather subjective. I recall many drunken encounters on various reality shows over the years. As long as the participants appear willing, I'm not sure how the producers can decide when they need to step in.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
From Kar's article:

"I would describe the paperwork that you have to sign on a show like this, or any reality show where you have to cohabit with people and date them, the release that you need to sign — to say the word “comprehensive” would be an understatement. We’re talking about a document that is thick and weighty, that releases the production company and the network from almost every conceivable possibility. It is encompassing. I can’t even think of enough words to describe how in-depth that release is."

===============================

Many years ago I worked with a girl that applied for Big Brother and she made it very far in the audition process. She actually made it out to CA for the final auditions. This co-worker told me that the paperwork/contracts she signed were about three inches thick.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
As long as the participants appear willing, I'm not sure how the producers can decide when they need to step in.

They step in which abusive behavior occurs. That could be sex without consent, violence, etc. I don't think it's that difficult.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexi, I think there are a lot of disclaimers, and I'm sure the show will try to argue that angle.

But courts have always noted that you can't sign away everything, no matter what you sign. And that includes your right to safety and suing for negligent behavior on the part of the company.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But we only have Corinne, of the "Platinum Vagine" (her description), that she was blacked out when she suggested to DeMario to get in the pool, then reported was able to straddle his face with said body part..

And I would guess the anger might be at her, who was able to see on film, on tv, what she looked like sloppy drunk.. And maybe modify her behavior?

Ah, but indeed she was enabled, encouraged and rewarded by producers to continue said cringeworthy behavior on a second show.

So, anger at them.

But I am guessing they have anger that they lost airtime, and now a season, while Corinne lawyers up and claims to be innocent.

You can bet that if future episodes of Rachel's Bachelorette season included her best friends, Corinne will be edited out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They step in which abusive behavior occurs. That could be sex without consent, violence, etc. I don't think it's that difficult.

I agree that's obvious. What about when both participants appear willing at the time? Then at a later time one says they weren't aware of what they were doing. That's not as simple.