TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Rachel: Archive through May 31, 2017 users admin

Ariasmum

07-21-2006

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ariasmum a private message Print Post    
I don't remember seeing Lucas in many of the "coming up" shots so hopefully he is leaving soon. I think he should have been disqualified from the challenge for the way he treated the 'baby'. Obviously the wrestler should have won but at least Lucas didn't really get any reward for his antics.
Copper is sooooooooo cute! I would have liked to hear about his injury much more than I was interested in hearing anything coming out of Lucas's mouth.
I had a feeling it might be DeMario's ex because he was so confident. The girls did try to warn Rachel about him.
So it looks like next week will start off with a rose ceremony. I wonder if it will end with one too.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm watching & liking Rachel as B-ette.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that Ashton and Mila were fun. Nice to see them interact together. Loved when Ashton said that he looked like some guy named Jared, so they started watching.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have not watched any Bachelor or Bachelorette in a long time but I started this one and am enjoying it. I like her a lot. I liked her with Peter. They seemed to make a cute couple. That weird Whaboom guy can go. Why even have him around?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I actually like Lucas/Whaaabooom (3 a's & 4 o's) better than I like Blake. What a crybaby. I hate when the guys (and the gals) focus on another contestant more than on the person they're supposed to be dating.

And E!Online finally uncovered what happened to Copper's leg. Apparently he "jumped off something and broke his toe." So they put his entire leg in a cast?
http://m.eonline.com/news/857846/rachel-s-dog-copper-is-the-real-star-of-the-bachelorette-but-why-is-he-in-a-cast

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Whaaaboooom dude is going to be lucky if he doesn't break something inside his head with all that shaking.

I also felt that Copper should have been given more "confessional" time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am liking Rachel and Copper.. Though most dogs would be best left inside, not out for a fireworks display. But he is clearly her baby, so is is a great idea for him to be included.

And certainly, when she gets some down time, how wonderful to have a non judgemental friend.

I wonder if they will have him travel with her.

The baby spiking was gross and unnecessary.

Whaabooom is athletic, overly aggressive and he cannot be gone soon enough for me. I don't watch BIP, so no personal worries there.

Blake doesn't come off well by using his first possible chance to rat out whaaaboooom to Rachel and then he continued to come off seeming whiney. I am thinking he will soon be gone, too.

I noticed that some of the guys thought the show surely was aware of the guy with the recent girlfriend, and that the whole thing was a bit bogus.

But so far this season is so much more upbeat, especially considering all the angst from Nick on his season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I havent watched this since Tristin LOL I may have watched a little of the wine guy's year.

Last nite I had the tv on for background noise and this was on. At first I was like OMG! this is sooooo fake and then I found myself not being able to look away LOL

I am a big fan of the parody Real so it was fun to watch this and see how well Real does the parody.

That x girlfriend said she saw the show a couple days ago and showed up at the BB court??!!! how do people believe this stuff? isnt this prerecorded? that was such a staged set up!! I dont remember the original being so staged but maybe I was more naive then LOL

that said, I added it to my dvr so I will be watching and posting weekly! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I literally laughed out loud when they had the dog Cooper do a confessional!!! hahahah woof!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Cooper should not have been allowed to get his cast wet.

Also, I agree that having him outdoors for the fireworks was not a good idea.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I actually wondered if the cast was fake..used as a plot point to have him tag along :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Perhaps, but then it was mean to make the dog try to play while wearing it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that a dog has a waterproof cast. He sure was cute. I found myself liking Peter a lot. And I don't like Blake at all.
And I agree the spiking of the doll was not cool. I got a spanking as a little girl for treating my doll badly like that. Ironic, huh.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, the first couple of seasons weren't as staged as it is now.

The whole point of production having Rachel keep Demario is because they were bringing the girlfriend on in the second episode.

The producers for UNreal are amazing when they show what goes on behind the scenes for this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The ex might have seen a promo... And production might have gone and shown her a promo.

Or was he one of the guys on the After the Final Rose 🌹 who met Rachel?

Pretty much manufactured.

Pamy, it you haven't been watching this, maybe you don't know about Sheaffer's blog...

Sheaffer

She blogs about the Bachelorette or Bachelor on Wednesday.

Sometimes better than the show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, he was on After the Rose and that is where Ex claims she saw him and contacted the show. Yes, all very staged, but I think Rachel's hurt was genuine and I really don't like to see the show manipulate people in that way, but I guess it's all part of creating drama and suspense.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-recap-rachel-lindsay-demands-demario-jackson-get-f-ck-out-after-girlfriend-confrontation-22088m.php

Yep.. The timing works.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, the timing works. He was on ATFR, and they didn't start filming until after that. If she saw him on ATFR and contacted production, she could very well have shown up on this date. Production loves this stuff. It makes for "good TV."

I'm thinking Copper must have had some kind of a waterproof cast. Also they didn't show him while the fireworks were going off. I was thinking a production person could have taken him away right before the show started. Neither of my dogs would like fireworks (they'd both be under the nearest bed). 4th of July is torture for us, especially when our neighbors are firing off firecrackers and M80s till 3:00 in the morning. Ugh.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And it didn't used to bother me, but now it grosses me out so much: the kissy/smacky sounds. Ugh. It's enough that we see them kissing. Do we have to hear all the nasty sound affects?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, Rachel was not hurt At. All. She knew before she met the men that he had a girlfriend and production told her to keep DeMario so they could bring the girlfriend on during the group date. (It's called "acting")

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheaffer says they should turn down the mics for the slurpy moments..

I certainly agree.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup. Sometimes she seems to get inside my head. And I go, "I know! Right?!"

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Brenda, Rachel was not hurt At. All. She knew before she met the men that he had a girlfriend and production told her to keep DeMario so they could bring the girlfriend on during the group date. (It's called "acting")

Is that from Reality Steve as well?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup, just as I suspected. Lee is only there to promote his "music career." This article claims he's posted lots of racist and sexist tweets to his Twitter feed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lee-garrett-tweets-abc-first-black-bachelorette_us_592e3470e4b0e95ac194e127?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=women_fb&utm_medium=
facebook&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000046

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, that was on the first show where one of the girls from the previous season said he had a girlfriend. It wasn't a case of this girl knew a girl who knew a girl who knew the girlfriend. Production told her to bring up the girlfriend. This "girlfriend" who was mentioned on the first show did not magically appear out of no where on the second show.

RS did say that the girlfriend saw DeMario when he was on AFTR when they introduced those four guys to Rachel. She contacted Production - this is BEFORE they started shooting Rachel's season. Nothing is a "surprise" on this show.

Everything on this show is producer-driven or "staged" until they get down to the F2-3.