TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette Rachel: Archive through May 30, 2017 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts Monday May 22nd at 9:00 (following a one hour Dancing With the Stars)!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seriously? Nobody's talking about this? Am I the only one who watched this?

I love Rachel, but I'm kinda concerned about some of her picks. I think she only gave the First Impression Rose to Bryan cause he gave her that big kiss. Other than that, ugh. He's a chiropractor!!!

My favorites so far are Jack and Josiah (I think he's funny). But how obvious was it that the producers made her keep Lucas/Whaboom?! He's so obnoxious!

And when I saw how drunk Mohit was, it made me sad. I thought he was cute and I absolutely love Bollywood music and dancing (it's so joyous!), but he blew his chance. I was happy to see him drinking water later in the evening--or was it the early morning?

Nobody? Bueller? Bueller?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was talking Babyjaxmom but I went to the Spoiler thread by mistake.

I like Rachel and there are a lot of cute guys!

Did you see the expression on Rachel's face as she picked Lucas? I think she was under duress.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if people were in the spoiler section, but I was afraid to go in there. I hate knowing what's going to happen. I'd rather follow the journey.

I'm sure the PTB made Rachel keep Lucas around for a couple more episodes. He's so annoying!

I'm really surprised there's not more activity in this thread!

The hate for Whabooooom guy is real:

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/Whaboom-Bachelorette-rachel-lindsay-Lucas-Yancey-11167490.php

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Also, did you notice that Rachel's driving a Tesla this season? My dream car!!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There was a bit of discussion in the spoiler thread, though not about actual spoilers. I understand why people don't want to go in there though as there's always a chance of being spoiled.

As much as I enjoy this show, I have to confess that I kind of fell asleep after the introductions. More of a comment on my life than any reflection on the entertainment of the show.

So I don't have a lot to comment on.

Wow. A Tesla. That is a cool car!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, this thread is hard to find until a skilled Moderator moves it to Featured Discussions.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I want to follow the journey too, Babyjax....I am watching.. My Daughter and I text back and forth during the show. So its kinda important to watch. Need to keep that connection. So far I like it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of my patients said about a Tesla.. <shrug> "Its a car".

One of our drivers has a Tesla because her husband works for Space X, which is another Elon Musk company (he also owns Solar City) so he was given a giant bonus to be able to get her a bright blue Tesla (yes, with a big bow on top!).

It IS a nice car, with a trunk and a frunk and a giant screen.. big tires and right now, free charging. I don't know if they would take it long distance or not..

She didn't choose to get a sunroof and later found out that meant she couldn't get Sirius XM radio.. which didn't make her happy.

I asked if she had tried automatic parking or driving but she also didn't choose to get that feature.

I do see them at least a couple of times a month.. one day I saw three!

Most of the patients like it okay but aren't overwhelmed

And I didn't notice, but will look for it. I kind of noticed it was a nice car.

Not that an $85K car is even remotely on my wish list..

Jimmer, I am SURE they will repeat the amuzing (and super annoying) portions of the show during next week's show.

The Whahboom guy is SERIOUSLY ANNOYING.

I loved when they guys decided that they were all pretty normal and then Lucas/Whaboom guy came in and intoned his catch phrase and one guy said that there is the crazy one.

I cannot believe it was her choice to keep him.

As for the first rose guy.. sheesh.. clearly she liked it but he is one of those people that look like they might just eat the face off of the person they are kissing. NOT a turn on to watch IMO.

And it looks from the previews that there is much more of this.. which some of the other guys saw.. night one, night two.

And Jimmer, since you got some sleep (which was probably wise), one guy brought a marching band with him, another wore a penguin suit that meant she couldn't see his face, another guy brought a large doll who was supposed to be his mini me (or junior, and that was creepy.. Production did some funny bits with him, though. And when she kept the guy, she specified, NOT junior. He had already told her, when she asked, that the doll wasn't staying.

Of course there is a guy with guitar.

And the guy with a vacuum, who said he was the cleaning crew.. that was marginally cute.

On and another strange thing. One guy brought a yearbook, shoeing him in 3rd grade.. she was several years ahead in the same yearbook and had been a counselor to him (at camp?) and remembered him as a really bad boy. But I think she kept him. With him being that much younger, wonder if he will last?

And there is a guy with a 10 year old daughter who seems to live with him.. Very cute little girl, but I know Rachel says she wants babies now, but that is quite a gap.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheaffer

She's back!!!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay!!! Thanks for the reminder, Sea!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If she doesn't cut Waaboom guy next week I think the show will lose viewers. Seriously, he is so ridiculous. If I were her, I'd cut pull him aside and cut him at the first "waaboom" out of his mouth!

I was bummed the Bollywood guy got drunk and got cut too. It did look like she let some quality guys go and kept some odd ones. I fell asleep at the end too Had to rewind and rewatch the last half hour the next day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The wahboom guy reminds me of the dog in this commercial

lipa

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, the Bachelor/ette picks the 3-4 on the first night that he/she wants to see in the finals, and Production dictates the rest of the eliminations throughout the season. Whaboom guy will go when Production is ready for him to go.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Is the above information coming from Reality Steve? I would think that the Bachelor/ette could protect more than three or four.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes - RS has reported this, but I remember hearing about this long before he started spoiling. They pick their top 3-4 that they want in the finals and Production dictates the way the rest are eliminated.

On the first night, they can't even remember the names of all the "contestants." The only names they seem to remember are the 3-4 that they want to go to the finals with. Production "helps" them eliminate the contestants. Every season there is a certain contestant that everyone can't believe he/she is keeping and it always comes down to the last rose and production keeps that person (unless there is a possibility of violence - then production will kick them - like Chad Johnson).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine they dictate to her to pick 3-4 and she has to pretend those are the ones to keep in the end. Things change.

I realize this is not strictly spoilerish but personally I would prefer all the production stuff be talked about in the spoiler section.

I'm don't get what the purpose of Lucas' antics are about. Other than giving himself a headache or whiplash I don't see the point. And she kept the guy who went on about sex and his masterful penis.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lucas is an aspiring actor and stand up comedian.. I assume he thinks his shtick is amusing and that ANY exposure is good. He as also on another reality show with his ex girlfriend and it happens that Blake was on the same show and the ex gf was attracted to Blake and Lucas didn't take it well. So I don't think he's on this show to find a forever relationship.

========

Rachel was featured in this week's People Magazine already announcing that she found her future husband and is totally happy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lucas gives ME a headache. I keep thinking he's going to hurt himself with that Whaabooom BS. Ugh. So annoying.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well he certainly isn't helping his face in terms of muscle tone, and he seems close to creating brain injury.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody again??? I was hoping somebody would be here to discuss the DeMario drama. I was just starting to like him and thought he was cute and charming, when the "girlfriend" showed up. Too bad. She seemed a little out there, but I don't believe he's totally on the up and up. Player, for sure.

Also when Rachel and Peter went on their doggy date to Palm Springs, she promised to tell us what happened to Copper on the plane--but they didn't show that part! I totally want to know what happened to poor Copper's leg!!!

And once again, no Rose Ceremony. Cracked me up when DeMario was talking to security at the gate and they act like Chris Harrison is the guy in charge. As if!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, May 29, 2017 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
One more thing: did anyone else find the "spiking" of the baby dolls (like a football) in the Husband Material date disturbing? I know they're just dolls, but it made me cringe.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am still stunned that Ashton and Mila were there!!
I wondered about Cooper's leg too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Cute dog! I was wondering about his leg as well.

So far, Rachel is exceeding my expectations. This has been fun to watch. Entertaining "dates".

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Spiking the baby doll made me cringe "ouch", even if it was just a doll. Production keeps him there because they think he's entertaining. Not!!
And I hope Blake is gone soon.