TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 27, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Chris - General Discussion (NO Spoilers): Archive through April 27, 2017 users admin

Bonbonlover

07-12-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
'BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES
ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh, my. How sad.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Never ever leave the scene of an accident. It just makes everything so much worse.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, he was probably drinking. The question in his mind was ticket for leaving or drunk driving.

Either way, a man is dead, and Chris is at fault however. How could you leave if someone was hurt? I couldn't.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sounds like he was probably drinking and panicked. The police didn't locate him until "hours later" according to that article, so too late to measure his blood alcohol content. The fact that he had alcohol containers in his truck, though, doesn't look good for him. Do not EVER drink and drive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://tamaratattles.com/2017/04/25/former-bachelor-chris-soules-arrested-after-fatal-car-accident/

He has more than a bit of history.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. I wonder if ABC knew about his history when they signed him for the Bachelor? Sounds like he may have issues with alcohol, in addition to a total disregard for the law. I was over him when he yelled at his coach on DWTS. He kind of snapped and I felt like that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It seems like whenever we saw him on The Bachelor, he always had a drink in his hand. More so than the rest of them.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Oh, dear, this is not good. It seems the fatality was a neighbor of his that he knew. The man was driving a tractor reported to be a John Deere 2640. They aren't very big tractors and usually don't have cabs on them and not much protection. Reporting says Soules rear-ended him and forced him off the road.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lexie, EVERYBODY always has a drink in their hand on the Bachelor/ette. The producers think it makes for better television when everyone's wasted.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Living in such a small town they have to know everyone and vice versa.. really sad.

And no, I couldn't leave someone without calling for help and seeing if they were hurt.

He may have been THAT impaired .. clearly his truck would be identified.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I get what you are saying BJM, but it has been noted that Chris drank more than most Bachelors.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's a story from People that says Chris called 911 at the scene of the accident before taking off.

link

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've read that he's in even more trouble than he would've been just because he's had a DUI before. He went through alcohol education back then, so he should know better. He's gonna do some time in jail.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ET played the 911 tape. He sounded quite distraught.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He was very upset, knew that the man he hit wasn't breathing, and asked someone else to give him CPR because Chris didn't know how.

But then he left the scene, and when officers came to his house, he didn't cooperate until they had a warrent.

He is in big trouble. I don't doubt that he is remorseful, both for the dead man and himself. But it does *seem* he was driving under the influence.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
There was a rundown of his history of citations for various driving violations in the news a couple days ago. He has had 15 violations dating back to 2001 including several DUI and underage alcohol possession. Seems he's never learned his lesson, so maybe some slammer time will smarten him up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but too late for the gentleman who lost his life. :-(

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I wasn't condoning his actions, just commenting on how he sounded in the tape.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I understand Annie. I was just adding my own thoughts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is difficult to think that he hasn't gotten legal advice and that is why he

1. Left the scene of the accident.

2. Refused to come out without a warrant.

Pretty well known that stalling is something done to keep from being busted for alcohol.. or at least to hope that the levels will have dropped below legal limits.

Self serving for sure.

Yes, I would hope this would wake him up but his history doesn't make me all that hopeful.

Time will tell.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Something to consider, because I don't know which would help him more if he did have a drink before the accident. But I've heard that if someone had been drinking and got in an accident, they will take off and tell the cops afterwards that they were so distraught, they had a drink or two to calm down. And thats why they have alcohol in their system.

So, who knows what the truth is? I'm hoping he wasnt drinking and was so freaked out that the flight instinct overtook him. Not because of who he is, It just makes me so sad
when these accidents happen and alcohol is involved.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Timeline:

Timeline

Sounds like he might miss BIP.. had to turn over his passport..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Grooch, apparently there were alcohol containers in his truck. Definitely sounds like he'd been drinking. It's too bad he had to take a life to finally learn you shouldn't drink and drive. I feel bad for his family (as I recall from when he was on the Bachelorette, they were awesome), and of course for the victim's family. What a horrible thing.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I would hate to see him on BIP after this. He should not be yukking it up drinking and dating on TV. It would be in very poor taste and disrespectful to the man who lost his life and his family.