TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Canada - General Discussions: Archive through October 20, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
WHAT? how did I not know this?? thanks for the heads up :-)

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I just noticed this, will be checking it out

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
I wonder how many stereotypes there will be on this show, LOL

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Is it showing in the States? If so, who is carrying it?

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Excellent banner

Here is a link to the channel that is showing it here but not sure if it will be Canada only viewing:

http://www.citytv.com/vancouver/shows

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike,
I am watching it HERE

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Maybe I'm crazy but I really liked it. I think I went in not expecting much so I was surprised. I actually liked the guy, liked his story. Loved how he complimented their dresses :-) Some of those girls are quite interesting.. and the previews totally got my attention.

I wish I could remember who the girls were as I write this but I KNOW, Gabrielle will be fun to watch (for awhile anyways).. Not so sure about the first impression rose getter, shes so beautiful and sure of herself.... but something just doesn't sit well with me. I'll miss the 60's dressed one who called him B-rad :-( she lseemed like she'd be a hoot! Did the pastor make it thru?

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it too. Looks like it took place at Bear Mountain.

The others that received roses were:
Bianca, Sophie, Tia, Michelle V, Nicole, Chantelle, Britney, Laura B, Michelle B, Laura F, Stephanie, Melissa Marie, Gabrielle, Kara.
Then he asked for an extra rose to go to Ana.

Looks like future shows will take place in Tofino and PEI

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
I finally had a chance to watch it last night and I enjoyed it. Yes,the pastor made it thru. It is definitely a mix of characters. My only beef is that their representation of Canada is only from Ontario west. There is one bachelorette from Quebec and no one else east of Quebec. I am sure there was one suitable candidate from the four Atlantic provinces and I am sure there was more than one suitable candidate from Quebec, she was their token French speaking person. Oh well, the show itself was pretty good and I have not been a Bachelor fan for the last several seasons.

Lillian

07-29-2009

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lillian a private message Print Post    
Sophie is from Moncton. But meh, does it really matter? I would rather these show focus their casting on personalities than checking off lists of one of this, one of that.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's so Canadian to be concerned about where in Canada the contestants are from and to try to ensure regional representation.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Just a heads up, per the banner above, I think Tia is still in and Tina is gone

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oops! You're right. Thanks for pointing that out.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
After each ep The Star has a review, the panel includes a superfan of the US version, their TV critic Vinay and one of Brad's buddies. Their opinions are wildly different.

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
Jasper can you post a link?

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
I am sure that Brad was told by the producers to keep Gabrielle, as she will definitely add friction to the mix

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
here's the link to the Star article:
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/tvreviews/
article/1266431--bachelor-canada-star-panel-dishes-on-premiere

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
And here's another interesting interview from the Toronto Star with Bubba where she names her pick to win...Stephanie and her take on a few others<.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/tvreviews/
article/1267012--the-bachelor-canada-exit-interview-rebecca-bubba-harrison

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting those links, they were interesting. I know one thing I was thinking (also mentioned in one article) was the difference in heights with the host and the bachelor, thinking Brad was quite short. He is 6'1 so the host must be fairly tall.

Thanks Jimmer, much appreciation with your banner work. I know it's a lot of extra work with updating each week

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
Has everyone given up on this? I think he is the best bachelor ive seen so far ... and man is he hot!!! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We just watched this week's episode tonight and we thought it was a fun show. Happy to see he kept Chantelle. I didn't think that I would like her but she is really cute and funny.

Ann

09-27-2005

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"Has everyone given up on this? I think he is the best bachelor ive seen so far ... and man is he hot!!!"

----------------

Nope, I've been watching and I agree about Brad.

Right now my favorite gal is Kara and my least favorite is Whitney. Whitney reminds me too much of Courtney, which is not good!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching too

But it is going to be a quick ending show if he keeps asking to cut more women than he is supposed to.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
It does sound like on the next show he does a similar cut which for him does make sense. He seems like a really good guy. Interesting that he has kept some girls who are not traditionally beautiful. I was surprised he kept Bianka...there must be something we are not being shown...as she seems like a lot of work. Whitney sure is getting the 'b....' edit. Chantelle is sweet ...but i think she is toast as he won't want to hurt her too much. Kara is a fav too!!