TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 31, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor In Paradise: Archive through August 31, 2016 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well this won't be boring!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nick Viall is the new Bachelor!!! I never thought I would be happy about that, but I am! I didn't really like any of JoJo's guys. Luke was boring as heck, and I don't even remember any of the rest of them. Woo hoo! I guess things didn't work out with Jen then.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm very surprised but happy that it's Nick! Wells would have been my first choice, but Nick is a close second! YAY!

And I agree about Ashley. She acted bad and now looks bad but just keeps saying she was "protecting" Jared. BS. She's vindictive and he is never going to be able to be in another relationship until he puts some boundaries around his sick relationship with Ashley. I'm going to be so disappointed if Wells gives her his rose next week!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I think you are correct that it won't be boring. Everyone has been posting on Twitter that if the had chosen Luke or Chase (I don't know who they are because I quit watching JoJo's season), that it would have been super-boring.

I am also hoping that since Nick is older, the women will also be older. I wasn't into watching these young 20-somethings on TV.

Reality Steve loves them choosing Nick!!!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Nick's the new bachelor???? And Reality Steve didn't get to spoil it....fantastic!!
I can't wait!! I always loved his family and felt like they were just as invested in his journey

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes I think Nick's season will be a fun one to watch. Very smart decision to go with someone who isn't boring. He knows how the show works, he's entertaining and (as a bonus) he may finally be at the point in his life where he's ready to settle down and find someone he cares about. Plus he's provided so much entertainment to fans of the show over the past seasons that if anyone "deserves" to be rewarded by the show it's Nick. I may end up disliking him by the end of the season (I like him for the most part now) but right now I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And I just love that Josh is probably jealous. LOL.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL! I didn't think of that. Another bonus.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Especially since Josh was hoping to be made the Bachelor after he and Andi broke up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely not boring, but I don't like him at all.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm actually looking forward to it - I've actually grown to hate this franchise over the last 4-5 years. Nick could be fun.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I just can't believe they're letting him do it - after 2 Bachelorettes & 2 BIP. Seems like overkill.... maybe he has some dirt on somebody lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to it as well. After liking Nick from day 1 it will be interesting if his behavior as THE bachelor will cause me to sour on him. I hope not! He's been at this game for a while. I think he knows how to play.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bbpeach, I think that faced with the choice of either Chase or Luke being super-boring, this was probably a brilliant move on the part of production.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched and haven't read much of the above (spoilers!), but I just have to say again how happy I am that Nick is the new Bachelor. Luke is about as interesting as a stick of wood, and I was wondering if I could watch a whole season of him. Ugh. Nick will be so much more fun. I never thought I would like him again, but I'm on board.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think Wells would have been the best choice out of Jojo's batch of boys, but I'm happy with Nick. Chase or Luke would have been a total bore.

When everyone was OMG-ing over the choice, for a minute I thought it might be Chris Harrison himself. Wouldn't that be fun! :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Chris would have to do a lot of talking to himself.

"Ladies. Chris. This is the final rose."

I've thought of that possibility as well and it would be pretty interesting.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm just glad that Caila was never the bachelorette. She may never have made a decision as to who was going home.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
OMG Jimmer... that is too funny!

Kooklie, between me and you I've never gotten all the Caila love.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Good choice ,I'm all for someone with a personality, I even enjoyed Juan Pablo.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
If anyone has the time- could someone tell me what was Nicks issues that made so many dislike him. I only watched 2-3 episodes. I couldn't stand Andi so I had to skip that season.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Sea and Bbpeach-guess we are the three lone souls who are incredibly disappointed with the choice.
One of the crabs or George The Bartender would have been a better choice!

Can't see myself watching it... he makes my skin crawl. I may pop in here to read, instead.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Add me to the list of disappointed about the choice of Nick.
If he is as committed to finding a lasting relationship as he says he is and hasn't found one in several years in his private life, plus all his Bachelor franchise opportunities something is off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, Nick was the runner-up on both Andi's and Kaitlyn's seasons. On Andi's season, he let slip that they had had sex in the Fantasy Suite when he was on ATFR ("Why did you sleep with me, if you weren't going to pick me?"). He broke the unwritten rule that you never discuss what happens in the FS. Plus it was kind of sleazy to throw her under the bus like that on national TV.

On Kaitlyn's season, he came in a couple of weeks into the season. They went on a date and ended up having sex (before the Fantasy Suite!), which was recorded from the other side of their closed door (sound affects--gross!). Then she didn't pick him either! (Kind of makes me wonder if Nick's maybe not that good in bed? )

I always thought he was smarmy and sleazy. But then . . . this summer in BIP, he has been the shoulder all the girls cry on and the Voice of Reason! He tried to tell Ashley I that she and Jared would never be together (of course, Ashley didn't believe him). He was just portrayed a lot more sympathetically this season. I've always heard he was very charming in person, but it came across this summer.

After watching After Paradise (does it bother anyone else that Michelle says "Rosay" Talk, rather than Rose Talk?--annoys the crap out of me every week!), I am officially over Jared. He is dumb as a bag of rocks. He and Caila's relationship reminded me, in a very small way, of Princess Diana and Prince Charles relationship when he refused to end his friendship with Camilla. There were three people in the relationship. You can't have a solid relationship with someone when your loyalties are divided. Jared is going to end up married to Ashley, just cause he's afraid to hurt her feelings. Ugh. So over both of them!

Jared talking about he and Ashley kissing a few months ago and Wells made the comment, "I'm right here," made me scared that Wells may have given his rose to Ashley and they're dating now. Please, God, let me be wrong on that one!

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Snoopsmom! I can't put my finger on it exactly but to me, there is just something "off" about him.