TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelorette JoJo - It's on: Archive through June 28, 2016 users admin

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Very true, Sea...can this even be called a "reality" show any longer, when so much of it is staged?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Puhleeze! This was never a "reality" show. It's totally staged and always has been. It's entertainment. I never expect any of it to be real (ok, maybe a tiny part of me wants a wedding). I watch for the eye candy, gorgeous locations, fantastic (sometimes) dates and the drama. None of it is real. It's all very highly produced for ratings.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I thought when it first began, way back when, that it seemed more "real" than it is now.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it is also a stretch to say none of it is real. People (not many but some) fall in love on this show. That is real.

Now I completely agree that it is heavily produced and there is a lot of direction or manipulation.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it was more real at first too, RB. The first few seasons it was cool to see people go on dates and maybe fall in love. Unfortunately, many viewers get bored with reality and they want more and that leads to more production and manipulation.

For example, a large part of the first three seasons of Survivor was actually about surviving. That show has moved on from that aspect to more competition and mind games.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
All true!

And now where there is a very small pool eligible to be the next bach or bachelorette, and with social media running rampant, there is no element of surprise.

And originally the dates were not so contrived and awkward as they have become and the "gorgeous locations:.. well there are still some but there used to be a bunch of them.

Like this week how many times did they show us the sign for that hotel or resort? I'm sure droves of us will descend upon Pennsylvania for that place.

And I think they've gotten meaner.. the embarrassing yoga stuff, having that tabloid there.. a tabloid which thrives on debunking this very show! Makes you think that they think that any publicity is good.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, June 23, 2016 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Nothing on this show is real. To be honest, TPTB don't really care whether or not the Bachelor/ette finds love. It is all about producing a show (watch UNreal). My gawd, they don't even say their own lines in the their talking heads - even those are fed to them by production.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Wells had a 1on1 date with JoJo and he didn't get a rose.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Derek and Chase have a 2on1 date.
James ratted out Jordan telling JoJo that Jordan acts like he's entitled. JoJo questioned Jordan who in turn confronted James. Luke got the Group Date Rose.
I swore I wasn't going to watch this show anymore but nothing else on.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
The tattler comes off as a cry baby. Haven't watched regularly but that's an observation. He was whining about not being good enough, compared to the other guys, when they were playing 5-a-side football.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Chase got the rose on the 2on1 date and Derek went home

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
There was one rose left and two guys, Alex and James. JoJo walked off and talked to Chris so no one else went home and she gave both of them roses.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm....can't stand most of these guys. She's not going to pick the guy I like.

I was on the phone for most of the show, so I "saw" most of it but only heard the last 10-15 minutes...lol.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Have you guys been paying attention to those new Clorox commercials they have been playing during the show?

When DH and I saw this this one tonight, it really cracked us up. It's actually a play on the Bachelorette,

https://www.ispot.tv/share/7noE

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL that's pretty good!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought the Clorox ad was very funny and who ever thought it up should get a bonus.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've seen them, Naja and they did bring a smile to my face.

Notice how we're barely even talking about the show...it's a snooze-fest.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh Wells. He was my pick. I didn't think he'd last this long. Just doesn't have that "manly" look that she seems to like. But he sure was cute and seemed very sweet and shy tonight. I'm sad to see him go. I'm honestly not loving any of the remaining guys.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 27, 2016 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wells seemed nice, but he and JoJo had zero chemistry together.

I have to say, I was so "frickin'" happy to see Derek go home (we could have a drinking game based on how many times he said "frickin"). And I thought it was hilarious that they were singing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" while Derek was crying in the car on his way home. He was a crybaby. I hate when the guys try to sabotage each other even more than when the girls do it.

And I am so tired of Alex (aka the Tiny Marine). He's just so cocky and full of himself. So not attractive.

I'm still pulling for Jordan, since he's our "local boy," but Chase is growing on me. James is too darn needy, Luke is too serious and Robby just too boring. And I can't stop staring at Robby's poofy hair. It looks like a toupee.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Don't cry for me Argentina!!!!!!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, i pretty much agree with everything you said. There is something about Luke that seems off, yes he is way too serious, but he is a little creepy to me. But she loves the intense vibe he has (and he has a great bod - she loves the built types). Don't know why she kept Alex last night, and I'm surprised at her attraction to James. I hate the stuff he puts in his hair. I liked WElls but knew he didn't have a chance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agreed. James's hair always looks greasy. Ick.

Luke is just waaaaay too intense for my taste. He seems to have no sense of humor or fun. That would get old.

I was hoping she would let both James and Alex go last night, but production was just messing with us.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, is it me or does Chase look like Tim Tebow?

Also, I think Chris Harrison has stepped up his game. Did you see the spiffy suit at the Rose Ceremony? That must have cost a few Argentine dollars.....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, can't believe she kept both Alex and James!

James is the nice guy who will probably make the best husband, but there's no way she's going to spark passion for him with those other guys around. too bad.

Alex has pouty short man syndrome. I can't believe she's kept him this long.

Jordan seems like a player. robby just seems fake, like a Ken doll. Too groomed. Luke doesn't do it for me at all. Too bow legged. Doesn't seem fun. The most "normal" to me is Chase at this point. I do not see this ending well!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like Chase too. When she had 'the talk' with him, the look on his face was like a 'deer in the headlights' thinking he was going home. This is when I started to crush on him.... My bet is that he usually takes awhile to get to know people before he pours his heart out.....