TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben : Archive through February 25, 2016 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I noticed that neither of the brothers had a wedding ring on. Just saying....

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Jojo's brother Ben looked very familiar. I've seen him on some other reality show, can't really remember which one though.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I wondered why the brothers didn't have wives there. They looked quite old enough to be married. :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I read that Jojo's brother Ben was on some reality dating show, Ready for Love. Don't know anything more than that though.
I wasn't too impressed with Ben during Kaitlyn's season, but have loved him as The Bachelor. Think he's the best bachelor they've ever had. Seems like a sincere, down to earth guy and it's obvious he cares for all of these women.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I fast forward through a lot of this show... did they say how much older her brothers were from Jojo?

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I like Ben too. He is definitely my favorite bachelor. Love his answers and sometimes awkwardness. He comes off as being genuine.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did the producers think we would fall for the letter and flowers being delivered to JoJo's front porch on they exact day and time she returned home and Ben was due to visit her.

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
All I've found so far is a reference to the brothers being her "stepbrothers".

Missy2

07-31-2001

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
what an odd family :| lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found something on JoJo's brother.

In 2013, he starred on NBC’s Eva Longoria–produced dating show Ready for Love, which featured 36 bachelorettes split among three bachelors. The show’s first two episodes aired on NBC, but due to low ratings, the remaining six installments were released on Hulu. JoJo and her family were featured on one episode where Brother Ben brings some of the women home to meet his family.

There's a video of it lower on the page.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/02/bachelor-jojo-brother-ben-patton-ready-for-love.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh my, my. Not even sure who Ben should go for now. Jojo's family was a bit scary. The overprotective brothers. The over-botoxed mother who drank straight from the wine/champagne bottle! (Did you all catch that? I had to rewind to make sure -- it was when they were in the kitchen and the brothers were laying into him. Her husband saw her and handed her a glass LOL).

I saw everything you saw, Brenda1966! Ay yi yi! I'm surprised she could close her lips around the neck of that bottle, they were so puffy!!! That wasn't as bad as I was expecting, though. The previews looked like Ben left in tears. I should never believe ANYTHING they show in the previews!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So methinks the bro is having Bachelor-envy? Or.. he wasn't as nice as this Ben, so he assumes that something nefarious will go on...

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
Uh huh...it seems that sometimes people project their own motives/feelings onto others and then judge them accordingly.

Jojo's brother Ben is not a classy person, calling Bach. Ben out for being on the same type of show he was on.

Probably just wanted to stir things up and get more face time.

He and the girl he made a connection with ended their engagement a few months later.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Jojo's sister seemed like a ghost. Did she even speak? Her brothers seemed to just be putting on a show. and I lol'd when she grabbed up that bottle too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It appeared to be a very male dominated household to me. Which might explain the mother's action a bit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Botox?

Actually I think probably there was just a bit of champagne left and she was stressed and just picked it up to kill it off.. but it certainly was a "moment" on the show

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, she was worried for Ben's sake I think.

I would not want to marry into that family.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's a tidbit from Schaeffer's blog this week:

Ben walked into the kitchen as the brothers were sharing with the parents how they thought Ben was basically "brainwashing" all the girls.
It was all sorts of awkward.

How did the mom cope?

Well. She picked up the bottle and WENT. TO. TOWN. Check her out! GO MOM!

But the funniest part of this picture to me isn't the mom slamming the champagne....
but rather, it's the dad trying to gently coax her to PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN, DEAR.

http://pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com/

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Did I hear Ben say he is in love with two of the girls?

I hope he doesn't string the third girl along.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is unfortunate.. you would think they are coached to say "falling in love" or "falling for" instead of "in love" since this isn't "Polygamous Bachelor" and thus he's going to have to pick one of them at the end..

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
ROFLMAO!!!

since this isn't "Polygamous Bachelor"

Hilarious, Sea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, really, anyone should know not to say that.. unless they plan to not choose between the final two and risk saying he wants to date both of them.. or spend a few weeks engaged to one and then flip as Jason did (which would be highly risky even though it worked for Jason and Molly and eventually for DeAnna too).

Rupertbear2

07-15-2015

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rupertbear2 a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking he might have just "blurted" it out to one of them in the moment because she possibly said it first.

He seems to wear his heart and emotions on his sleeve. I don't ever remember one of the other Bachs ever being as sweet and kind as Ben has been.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree it would be hard to keep all in mind that they should, plus I suspect the producers try to lure them to make "good tv" too..

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Thursday, February 25, 2016 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the producers pushed Jojo's brothers to do that. That whole visit with her seemed very orchestrated.....except for the mother and the champagne bottle!